General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | [172] | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Jem8472
(learned) Fri 19-Jan-18 18:24:04
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: JP99] [link to this post]

Congratulations. I have got my assessment day coming up soon. I really hope I pass this one.

As the post earlier from the guy that just started in December and is really enjoying it. I would love to have a job I enjoy doing.
Standard User JP99
(newbie) Fri 19-Jan-18 19:20:53
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

Not yet the email went as follows...

Hi,

Thank you for your time for attending the Assessment Centre in Sevenoaks this week. I hope you had a great time with us.

I am happy to inform you that you have successfully passed the assessment. Well done!

Due to high volume of applicants we will do our best to get in touch with you with the provisional job details as soon as possible.

No worries, we will definitely let you know as soon when we have any news.

We advise not to hand in your notice to your current employer now, please wait until we contact you with the provisional job details.

I ask for your kind understanding and patience meanwhile.

Now you don’t need to do anything else, just take a deep breath, as you did a great job on the assessment.
Standard User Jbs89
(learned) Fri 19-Jan-18 19:45:19
Print Post

Awesome, that's great! Good job on the assessment day! I'm sure it won't be long before they contact you with details.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JP99
(newbie) Fri 19-Jan-18 19:55:19
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

Hopefully not log can’t wait to get out my current job, will post on here when i have more details
Standard User Jem8472
(learned) Fri 19-Jan-18 19:58:04
Print Post

Do you have any tips for the day? Did you have any hard questions on your interviews?
Standard User zs1990
(newbie) Sat 20-Jan-18 21:42:36
Print Post

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

Guys who done the first week at Yarnfield. What happens on friday? Are there any training/classes? or are taken to pick up our vans first thing in the morning. What time do we leave on friday?
Standard User JazzieJamJay
(newbie) Sat 20-Jan-18 22:05:17
Print Post

[re: zs1990] [link to this post]

When I was at Yarnfield I was there for 2 weeks. But on the Friday of the first week they asked the 10 people who had the furthest to travel to go first but it made no difference in the end. We had a ‘Pole Climb Experience’ you literally get a harness on and climb a pole. Then we had a ‘Tour of the network’ Here we walked around a 30ft mock up with DPs and Cabs etc. After that we had a ‘Fibre Splicing Experience’ In our group we daisy chained a fibre cable together. Anyway....even though I was in the group that had furthest to travel we ended up in a coach with everyone else anyway! They take you to Magna Park, about an hour away, where you get your keys and fuel card,go through some vehicle checks and they let us go in groups of 4 to save clogging up the industrial estate! I think I got on the road about 1330, I had to stop for fuel as some only come with a quarter tank of diesel. They give you a packed lunch too.

I heard that the group the week behind us got to skip the experiences and got to Magna Park at 0900.
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 21-Jan-18 07:19:15
Print Post

[re: JazzieJamJay] [link to this post]

Did you get any instructions etc regarding minor maintenance of the vans etc?

Tyre Pressures, Windscreen Washer Fluid, Bulbs 3tc.

Garages accepting the BT Fuel Card.

Any differences in any such instructions for those living and working in remote locations.
Standard User JazzieJamJay
(newbie) Sun 21-Jan-18 09:48:32
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

You have a driving assessment on the Wednesday. At the start they make you do a couple of checks detailed on a laminated sheet. You then go through a more detailed tour of the van with one of the L&D staff.

You’re only allowed very basic maintenance by yourself. I.e tyre pressure, washer fluid, bulbs, oil. Your not allowed to change wheels though. Everything else is done by BT fleet/AA

The fuel card we got can only be used at Esso garages but you can get other fuel cards if Esso garages are scarce in your area.

Not sure if there are any specific rules on remote areas, sorry. You’ll get the opportunity to ask anything at Yarnfield
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 21-Jan-18 10:36:01
Print Post

[re: JazzieJamJay] [link to this post]

Thanks for the fast reply.

Another aspect I have not noted in the thread, is the topping up of Technical Supplies, ie anything from "Gel Crimps" upwards.
Pages in this thread: << 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | [172] | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to