General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | [176] | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User frazmataz666
(newbie) Tue 23-Jan-18 09:00:41
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: 000dave000] [link to this post]

Hopefully its a case of getting a group together and head down, its a lonely train journey that far.
Standard User MMCMME
(newbie) Tue 23-Jan-18 17:07:58
Print Post

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

Received an email this morning to say I passed assessment and been offered a position!

Over the moon smile Just a waiting game to get a starting date now!
Standard User Jem8472
(learned) Tue 23-Jan-18 17:08:43
Print Post

[re: MMCMME] [link to this post]

YAY! I am so glad for you!

Seeing all these people pass just makes me feel more pressure for my assessment!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MMCMME
(newbie) Tue 23-Jan-18 17:31:06
Print Post

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

Im sure you will be fine. Its quite an enjoyable day actually. The day is over before you know it!

Its the 2 interviews I wasnt looking forward to. Just be yourself, concentrate on H+S and customer service and you will be fine.

Theres only so much you can prepare for really. Only a couple of questions each but they delve into your answers to find out more about you and also how you handled situations in previous jobs etc. All quite relaxed and dont feel as though they are trying to trip you up at all.

Best of luck for Feb smile
(newbie) Tue 23-Jan-18 18:46:14
Print Post

Nice one, where abouts are you waiting on?
Standard User Robnicks14
(newbie) Tue 23-Jan-18 19:24:32
Print Post

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

Does anyone know about car parking for the Exeter Assessment on commercial road?
Standard User Jbs89
(learned) Tue 23-Jan-18 20:57:09
Print Post

Congrats, mate! That is awesome news!

I'll second your comments that the day really is quite fun and very relaxed. I just need to wait and hear back now. Nice to be able to switch the brain off and relax for a few days haha.
Standard User DBatch10
(newbie) Tue 23-Jan-18 21:10:32
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

Can anybody give me a bit of advice please? Applied at end of October 2017 and have passed all the online assessments etc straight away and now I have been waiting to hopefully go for an assessment day. I got this email out of the blue on Jan 13th:

“We just wanted to drop you an email to give you an update on your application for the Openreach Trainee Engineer role.

As you have been successful so far by passing both the online Strengths Test and the Video Interview, we are now in the process of matching candidates like yourself to where our vacancies are located. This will enable us to select the right people to attend our assessment centres.

The really great news is that this year we are planning to recruit in excess of 2500 new engineers, so this will naturally increase your chance of getting called up to an assessment centre.

However, the sheer scale of this recruitment means that we will be bringing people into the business every single week across the whole of 2018, and this in turn will mean running our assessments right through the year. We simply cannot get to interview everyone at once so you may need to be patient with us until we are ready to run assessment centres for your location.”

Has anybody else had a similar email and then got an assement date? I’m really hoping I get an assessment day but not sure how much longer the process will take and whether not I will know if I have been sucessful/unsuccessful either way.

If anybody could share a little insight, i would be extremely grateful, thanks!
(newbie) Tue 23-Jan-18 21:14:00
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

How did you find it?
Standard User Jbs89
(learned) Tue 23-Jan-18 22:21:15
Print Post

[re: DBatch10] [link to this post]

Hey,

I think that sounds positive, so I would hold tight and see what happens. That echoes what management said about recruiting the whole year round — new intake literally every week — so don't worry just yet. Fingers crossed mate!
Pages in this thread: << 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | [176] | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to