General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | [177] | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Jem8472
(learned) Tue 23-Jan-18 22:33:36
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: DBatch10] [link to this post]

I got that email as well just a day before I got invited to an assessment day. So hang in there I am sure it will come.
Standard User Jbs89
(learned) Tue 23-Jan-18 22:42:29
Print Post

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

Yeah, really enjoyed it! Everyone's really nice and friendly. I just prepared an idea of what I'd talk about if any of the questions people mentioned in this forum popped up. Felt it went fine, but no result yet so don't listen to me too much lol.

I know a few people have said the skills test is nothing to worry about, but I was definitely a bit apprehensive. Genuinely there is nothing to worry about. They give a good demo and you are able to copy an example of each part. Loads of time to do it in as well. Maths and english is definitely nothing to worry about either.

Best of luck tomorrow!

P.s. I think parking nearby is a fortune, so I'd recommend travelling in by train or something if you can!
Standard User Jbs89
(learned) Wed 24-Jan-18 12:40:43
Print Post

[re: DisneyFan] [link to this post]

Hey,

Further to what we were talking about earlier, I heard from managers that there is another Glasgow assessment date next month coming up. It sounds like there might be dates each month. So hope you hear something soon!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User robsheep2000
(newbie) Wed 24-Jan-18 13:21:14
Print Post

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

Hi mate well done. I was in Shields too. Passed but got this email. I hope something comes up soon.
Hi,

Thank you so much for the time you spent with us last week in South Shields.

I am pleased to say you were successful at passing the assessment centre, well done!

Unfortunately at the moment there are a limited number of positions available in your area and they have gone to other candidates, so for the moment we are unable to offer you a position.

However we will be in touch if and when this changes to see if you are still interested.

Iím sorry we havenít been able to find anything for you right now and if you have any questions please do let me know.

Kind Regards,
Standard User Jem8472
(learned) Wed 24-Jan-18 14:05:54
Print Post

[re: robsheep2000] [link to this post]

Well done on passing. I hope something will come up for you.
Standard User frazmataz666
(newbie) Wed 24-Jan-18 14:45:55
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

Well that was an experience. You were not wrong about parking. £12!!! Take it you haven't heard yet?
(newbie) Wed 24-Jan-18 14:46:49
Print Post

[re: 000dave000] [link to this post]

Have you heard anything regarding your start yet?
Standard User Jbs89
(learned) Wed 24-Jan-18 14:50:28
Print Post

Jeez that's steep haha. How did you find it?

Not heard anything. I imagine it would be tomorrow or Friday at the earliest once they had done all the assessment sessions. Just got fingers crossed for hearing before the weekend as that would be a bummer.
(newbie) Wed 24-Jan-18 14:58:40
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

I was gutted as well as the car park I spied on Google maps right next door is all boarded up now. Was very different to a normal assessment, like you said very friendly which itself is off-putting haha. The technical test was pretty cool so hopefully nailed that and tried to keep it all nice and neat.

I tried to have a look on the list behind the reception but couldn't see if they had other days, as I was leaving the next round were getting the forms filled in. I know there is someone else on here that did theres on the 4th and passed on the 5th but is still waiting the join date. Hopefully its a case they are holding all the Scotland mob together.
Standard User Jbs89
(learned) Wed 24-Jan-18 15:01:39
Print Post

Aw good stuff. Yeah the technical challenge was good fun. I'd seen a guy do some of it on youtube before and then with the demo it was fine. Mainly just about following instructions and being neat yeh.

Some guy had to be told to put on the safety glasses in mine. Shocking really when it's written in bright red lettering on the sheet plus the assessor mentions it! Not sure how kindly they'd look upon that.
Pages in this thread: << 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | [177] | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to