General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | [179] | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Jem8472
(learned) Wed 24-Jan-18 22:12:04
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

even being 99% there is a long way off. I did one last year and got the same thing about you have done all the hard work this is easy but still got rejected. Anyone doing an assessment don't assume it is in the bag.
Standard User Jbs89
(learned) Wed 24-Jan-18 22:41:29
Print Post

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

Yeah I think it's just them trying to be encouraging and positive. I enjoyed it and got a lot from it so even if I don't get through, it will be useful for me. I'd definitely research a good deal about OR. I know some people say they didn't get asked about it, but that's no reason not to prepare properly.
Standard User frazmataz666
(newbie) Thu 25-Jan-18 08:10:35
Print Post

I got asked about it, the manager that did that part of the interview was there at the beginning so asked a few questions on what year it was formed, who the CEO was and about the big spin off from BT. Better to have done the research and not get ask than to get asked and do the rabbit in the headlights stuff.

Been racking my brain and cant remember if they said there was assessments today or if it was just 2 days.

Fearful of my emails now : S

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrAshieB
(newbie) Thu 25-Jan-18 08:22:56
Print Post

[re: MMCMME] [link to this post]

Heard back on Tuesday to say I've passed assessment centre, and they've found a role for me, but awaiting a start date just yet...

Good news so far :')
Standard User MMCMME
(newbie) Thu 25-Jan-18 08:28:45
Print Post

[re: MrAshieB] [link to this post]

Great news! Which area did you apply for?

Think this waiting for a start date is gona be the hardest part for me... dreaming of the day I get to hand my notice in lol
Standard User MrAshieB
(newbie) Thu 25-Jan-18 08:30:44
Print Post

[re: MMCMME] [link to this post]

Haha I can imagine tongue Wonder how long it'll take to get a start date...
I've got 2 jobs to choose between now; so hopefully Openreach don't take too long for a start-date

I applied for Morpeth area smile
Standard User Deano22
(newbie) Thu 25-Jan-18 10:48:02
Print Post

[re: MrAshieB] [link to this post]

Looks like a lot of us from south shields have been successful!
Hopefully we all go down Yarnfield together!
I'm thinking beginning of April start date by looks of it and time we fill all forms in and get Disclosure Scotland.
Does anyone know much about the disclosure and which one we need to get because there seem to be a few?
Standard User Jbs89
(learned) Thu 25-Jan-18 11:10:54
Print Post

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

Haha definitely just two days this week. Me too re emails lol, but I imagine they only start deciding today so I reckon tomorrow is the earliest we could prob expect. Pretty likely could run over into next week which is annoying as I'm on holiday over the weekend and won't relax if that's the case.

Congrats, AshieB! Nice to hear loads of people being successful in this thread smile.
Standard User frazmataz666
(newbie) Thu 25-Jan-18 11:21:36
Print Post

There was actually 2 girls that didnt turn up, must have had better offers haha Reckon it wont be until next week we hear now. The guy did say they are starting Monday for most of the year for the initial training so I reckon you are right about clearing the back log from December time.

It was a proper mix of blokes as well, few young, old and in between.
Standard User MMCMME
(newbie) Thu 25-Jan-18 11:35:45
Print Post

[re: Deano22] [link to this post]

Wondering about the start dates now as I have a weeks holiday booked mid May which i declared on the form at the assessment. Hope it doesnt mean I get knocked back as I read you need a full clear 12 weeks after your start date...
Pages in this thread: << 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | [179] | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to