General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | [182] | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Jbs89
(regular) Fri 26-Jan-18 14:04:31
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: SplendidTom] [link to this post]

Jesus... I just got the email there too. Delighted is an understatement. Felt it went as well as it could, but you're never sure.

Not that I'm an expert, but here are my thoughts on it:

Definitely prepare as much as you have to until you feel relaxed about it. By that I don't mean write out scripted answers, but I got all the questions I might be asked from this thread or from the Glassdoor website and listed them in a notepad. Then I sat and thought about what I would talk about if asked that question. Some are really hard off the top of your head, so if I didn't prepare then I would definitely have bombed it. Also practice them out loud in front of a mirror or something like you would have done for the vid interview.

Hardest question I found to come up with an answer was "Name a time you solved a problem for a customer" as there aren't many instances of that in my current job. I actually got asked that in the interview and luckily thought about that question the night before. Also do read up as much as you can on Openreach. They seem to ask most people about it, and really you need to show interest in the company, so it's a no brainer.

Just relax and try enjoy it as people have said. Once you're there and it starts, you really don't have time to worry and it's rather enjoyable.

Thanks to everyone in this thread in the past year; no chance would so many of us have done well without all the help and support. All the best to everyone applying still.
Standard User Jbs89
(regular) Fri 26-Jan-18 14:07:45
Print Post

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

See the maths stuff, don't fret about it. It's nothing that tricky. Like can you work out that 0.5 would be 50%? Then that's as tricky as the conversions get. Maybe see if you can work out the percentage one thing is bigger than another and you're fine. Honestly I was disappointed I got the maths and english test first because it's the other parts that matter, and they are the ones I was stressing about.
Standard User Jem8472
(regular) Fri 26-Jan-18 14:08:52
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

Well done on passing!

I bet you are looking forward to getting involved.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jbs89
(regular) Fri 26-Jan-18 14:25:54
Print Post

Yeah, it's a bit of a dream tbh. Wanted to get into engineering for a long time. Will probably re read the email a few times to make sure I haven't made a mistake haha.
Standard User Jbs89
(regular) Fri 26-Jan-18 14:31:38
Print Post

[re: GJM83] [link to this post]

Congrats mate! I'll hopefully see you down at Yarnfield if we get the same start date! I was the loser in the full suit and red tie haha.
Standard User Jem8472
(regular) Fri 26-Jan-18 14:34:29
Print Post

I want to as well. I missed out on the chance of an apprenticeship as when I left school there were no apprenticeships. It was school or get a job.

Would you say that you went in and always tried to be extra positive about everything in the interviews? Not over the top but making sure they knew you were positive and eager to get the job.
Standard User Deano22
(newbie) Fri 26-Jan-18 15:15:36
Print Post

Get In! Well done mate! Told you your keenness for the role would carry you through! Chuffed for you ... now you've joined the painful start date waiting club...welcome aboard haha
Standard User Greggers23
(newbie) Fri 26-Jan-18 15:37:03
Print Post

[re: Deano22] [link to this post]

Hi everyone,

My partner was successful at assessment at South Shields last week as it seems many are so well done to you all. We understand now we just wait a start date and tasks (this thread is amazingly helpful thank you)
My question is can anyone tell me what level disclosure Scotland is required so he can get it ordered and itís one less thing to do please?
Many thanks
Standard User Jbs89
(regular) Fri 26-Jan-18 15:37:34
Print Post

Yeah, I was aiming to be friendly, personable and come across as assured/confident. There were a few people a bit quiet and nervous on the day ó you just want to avoid that I think. Easier said than done however.

When I was younger I went for an apprenticeship at a big company and got knocked back. Subsequently it turned out that it was a case of nepotism and managers' sons and daughters were getting hired, but it knocked my confidence a bit, so it was the personable and friendly bit I was worried about. Just joining in and making some conversation with the group or the manager as you walk towards the interview is going to do you no harm.

No one can say anything that will make you feel at ease about it, but once you are there, it is honestly good fun and nothing to stress about at all.
Standard User frazmataz666
(newbie) Fri 26-Jan-18 15:39:11
Print Post

Congrats mate, my email went into my junk folder and I nearly deleted it, but passed so all good. I take it yours said well done, we have selected your job but awaiting dates?
Pages in this thread: << 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | [182] | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to