General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | [183] | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Jbs89
(regular) Fri 26-Jan-18 15:39:45
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Deano22] [link to this post]

Haha cheers mate! Yeah, here's hoping there will be some movement on that soon then eh? Surely must be as I'd have thought they'd want folk in from March onwards. I don't have any holidays booked, but I'd need one day off in the second week of June for an exam, so I'll need to look into that with them.
Standard User frazmataz666
(newbie) Fri 26-Jan-18 15:41:54
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

I dont have any pre booked holidays either, just a wedding in June but it shouldnt be a problem. Hopefully now the centre for this week is out the way they will slot us lot in together. Be some convoy of vans up the M74 smile
Standard User Jbs89
(regular) Fri 26-Jan-18 15:42:07
Print Post

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

Aw awesome mate! Congrats! Yeah exact same situation. The longer it went on the more I doubted my memory of how I thought I'd done, so was relieved more than anything this afternoon. Could not have lasted till next Monday or Tuesday haha.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User frazmataz666
(newbie) Fri 26-Jan-18 15:43:53
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

They do get round pretty fast, poor Brigitte that sends the emails must be burst trying to keep up haha What area are you in?
Standard User Deano22
(newbie) Fri 26-Jan-18 16:35:06
Print Post

[re: Greggers23] [link to this post]

Hi, I was trying to do the same but there seems to be quite a few to choose from so I didnt bother.
I asked around but nobody knows, Id just hang fire and wait, the start dates they give you are expecting to include the disclosure application so it wont speed anything up anyway.
What area has your partner applied for if you dont mind me asking?
Standard User Greggers23
(newbie) Fri 26-Jan-18 16:44:15
Print Post

[re: Deano22] [link to this post]

Hi, I think Iíve found somewhere it says basic - yeah hopefully wonít be too long untill you all hear something. We live in North Yorkshire so hoping for brid/Scarborough/Malton/York areas. I wonder if you will all be training together?
Standard User Brad1982
(newbie) Fri 26-Jan-18 16:53:10
Print Post

[re: Greggers23] [link to this post]

Alright,

Its a basic disclosure that you need, however I wouldnít apply for it yet as about 6 weeks before your start date they send you out a contract to sign (via email), they then send you a list of tasks to complete before you start. One of those tasks is to apply for your basic disclosure - they ask you to send the date you applied for it along with the reference number you get and then you supply a copy of the certificate once you receive it.

Hope that helps
Standard User Greggers23
(newbie) Fri 26-Jan-18 17:19:36
Print Post

[re: Brad1982] [link to this post]

Brilliant thank you so much!
Standard User MMCMME
(newbie) Fri 26-Jan-18 17:19:43
Print Post

[re: Brad1982] [link to this post]

Handy to know. Guess I wont be applying for my Disclosure just yet either then!

Just want to do something productive, hate waiting around tongue
Standard User Brad1982
(newbie) Fri 26-Jan-18 17:36:07
Print Post

[re: MMCMME] [link to this post]

It all seems very last minute but once youíve got your start date things seem to move up a gear.

6 weeks before your start date, youíll receive your contract and Terms of Employment via email. You sign these online and send them back.

Not too long after that you will receive a list of tasks to do, this includes getting your Disclosure Scotland, supplying a copy of ID and proof of address, sending a passport style photo via email for your ID card, sending copies of any education certificates, filling in some personal details and supplying the names of your two references (I think thatís everything) you get a week to complete all of this. Once this is done and you receive you Disclosure Scotland you send them a copy.

A few days after sending them everything you will get an email confirming all your pre-employment checks are complete and to wait to hear from them in regards to travelling to Yarnfield.

You will hear NOTHING until about a week before you are scheduled to start, it seems like they have forgotten about you but they havenít. A week before you start you will get a kind of induction email telling you about traveling to Yarnfield and what the programme is while youíre there. If you are travelling by train they will send you train tickets to your home address, if travelling by hire car they will contact you to arrange.

A week later youíll be on your way to Yarnfield to start.
Pages in this thread: << 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | [183] | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to