General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User caw99
(newbie) Thu 04-May-17 16:19:58
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Hope it's soon, it's killing me not knowing. Been a long wait with it being a bank holiday week as well.
Standard User MrSpud
(newbie) Thu 04-May-17 16:24:13
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

What proof did they need that you were self employed?
Standard User lincsboy1979
(newbie) Thu 04-May-17 16:56:33
Print Post

[re: caw99] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by caw99:
Hope it's soon, it's killing me not knowing. Been a long wait with it being a bank holiday week as well.

i went for assesment on the wednesday and received a call from anna marie on the friday morning,my mate was assesment monday call on the wednesday but they do state 5 working days,i have read if you dont get a call its a dreaded email but i wouldnt worry just yet,monday was a write off so dont count that and hope you get a call tomorrow.she rings from a mobile number as she is not based in the uk so try not to miss any calls.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Thu 04-May-17 17:00:53
Print Post

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

hi swanseajack,how has the second week gone??did you do much practical stuff??was the pole training ok and did you see if anyone got weighed?bet you cant wait to get stuck into it in your local area
Standard User Firsttwodie
(member) Thu 04-May-17 17:07:03
Print Post

[re: Gav_89] [link to this post]

hi Gav_89 where are you going to be based and are you likely to be traveling from Norwich?
(learned) Thu 04-May-17 17:09:19
Print Post

[re: Gav_89] [link to this post]

did you get an email today regarding your travel arrangements.i received one and a few other lads were tagged in on it to contact john kennedy.i didnt see it until after work so ringing him tomorrow.My mate who starts monday had the same call and it was to tell him that he was getting a hire car instead of the train as there was someone else near him going down so it was easier
Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Thu 04-May-17 17:27:06
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Hello buddy, its been okay no practical stuff at all in the first 2 weeks this will all be done at your local training centre apparently, there is a lot of power points and other training classes. we didn't get to do the poles this week hopefully next week! absolutely cant wait to get my hands dirty and get out in the field seems like a really good/interesting job
no one has been weighed as of yet smile
Standard User mckeo5514
(member) Thu 04-May-17 17:31:00
Print Post

phew!!
(learned) Thu 04-May-17 17:33:06
Print Post

r u just at yarnfield for 2 weeks then,i know i am then i will be based in my hometown for buddying and rest of my training but my mate who had is classed as a a trainee openreach engineer but then hes in a different department to me annd so has 2 weeks in yarnfield but then he has 2 weeks in peterborough then onto his local area in norwich.I think there are different roles and once you have done your 2 weeks at yarnfield theres different specific training depnding on what you are doing.
Standard User Bons
(newbie) Thu 04-May-17 17:50:40
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

I was told that I would be doing all my training at yarnfield when I got the call to say I got the job.
Pages in this thread: << 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to