General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | [195] | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nm94
(newbie) Thu 01-Feb-18 19:46:12
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

hi i have been reading through this forum for a while now and found it very useful. i have an assessment day coming up soon and i was wondering if you could tell me what type of questions they asked in the interviews and also how long each interview may take. well done on getting this far btw smile

thanks in a advance
Standard User Jbs89
(regular) Thu 01-Feb-18 19:56:09
Print Post

[re: nm94] [link to this post]

It's a long read, but well worth reading through this whole thread. Click show all pages and you can scroll through it. Also, you can see interview questions that people have posted up on Glassdoor, so I'd check there as well as scouring these pages.
Standard User nm94
(newbie) Thu 01-Feb-18 20:23:14
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

okay thanks for the advice, I've been preparing for this for days now and still feel that i have not prepared enough. i guess its just the nerves kicking in. also a little concerned about the maths test I've not done math in so long haha

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jem8472
(regular) Thu 01-Feb-18 20:43:01
Print Post

[re: nm94] [link to this post]

To be honest most of the questions I got asked are in this thread. It is well worth a read. Don't worry about the Maths and English is it mainly basic stuff.

You just have to try and relax and show them you know your stuff when you give answers and be positive with it.
Standard User SplendidTom
(newbie) Thu 01-Feb-18 20:52:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by Jem8472:
I had my assessment this afternoon in Ipswich, hello to anyone else that was there, it all went well.

I had the practical assessment first which was good. It seems really complicated when they are explaining it but once I got going it was not too bad. I like the mix of things they get you to complete.

The first interview went well. The interviewer was really friendly and it seemed to go very well.

The second interview was harder to tell as the guy did not really give anything away. I don't feel as confident about that one.

The English and Maths assessment was ok. Nothing to worry about.

A good mix of people there, different ages and backgrounds and one woman. She was slightly surprised to be the only woman on the assessment day.

Hey. What did the practical assessment consist of?
Standard User Jbs89
(regular) Thu 01-Feb-18 21:39:51
Print Post

[re: SplendidTom] [link to this post]

It's a wiring test. 4 different devices to wire up, but you get a demo of how to use the equipment and then an example to follow, so it isn't hard at all. If you can pay attention to a demo and then copy and follow instructions, you're all set.

People have described it before in here and also on Glassdoor as I mentioned.

Edited by Jbs89 (Thu 01-Feb-18 21:40:36)

Standard User SplendidTom
(learned) Fri 02-Feb-18 07:38:41
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

4 devices? Wow. Bit different to the plug test. How long do they give you now then?
Standard User Jem8472
(regular) Fri 02-Feb-18 07:44:25
Print Post

[re: SplendidTom] [link to this post]

35 mins to do the test.

A guy that does the job but for Kelly communication did it in about 10 mins. It took me about 20 or 25 mins. Just got to make sure to double check everything.

I am not sure if it is a cut and dry pass fail test. Or if they are looking to see if you can safely use tools and follow the example ever if you don't get it 100%.
Standard User frazmataz666
(learned) Fri 02-Feb-18 08:07:26
Print Post

I wouldnt worry about how long it took you, they are looking for how effectively you work. The trainer on mine without directly saying it couldnt have made being tidy any more obvious. Long as you followed the examples and didnt leave the place looking like a tornado had just whipped by then I imagine it would be fine. Hopefully you hear soon and then join the wait for the start date. smile
Standard User Jem8472
(regular) Fri 02-Feb-18 09:40:01
Print Post

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

I think I left the long sheaths of cable next to the pot, not in it. So I might have failed there. [censored]. Depends how perfect it all had to be. I would feel a little annoyed to get failed for that as a guy next to me wired up the two cables together with the gel connectors wrong and one of the engineers pointed it out and got him to redo it.
Pages in this thread: << 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | [195] | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to