General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | [21] | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Johnsmic
(regular) Thu 04-May-17 19:38:10
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: mckeo5514] [link to this post]

That seems a bit odd, mine was originally supposed to be Bolton, no idea why it has changed. Maybe it will again yet.
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Thu 04-May-17 20:02:44
Print Post

[re: Johnsmic] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info much appreciated good luck for Monday I have a little over 3 weeks left to wait but its nice to know what to expect.
Standard User Beanydc
(newbie) Thu 04-May-17 20:16:40
Print Post

[re: Bons] [link to this post]

Dont think you can give a bad reference by law now. They can refuse but not give a bad one.

Come on then own up. Who was the heavy breather on that call!? Haha

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lincsboy1979
(learned) Thu 04-May-17 20:20:50
Print Post

[re: Bons] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bons:
I was told that I would be doing all my training at yarnfield when I got the call to say I got the job.

Im only doing 2 weeks then 6 weeks buddying/training where i live in lincoln,i have read some people are doing 10 weeks in yarnfield i think it all depends on what training facilities/staff members they have in your exchange,i was told i needed to go to yarnfield to get all the kit and do all the paperwork and stuff which is pretty much the first 2 weeks thats generic accross the company then straight in with a buddy,but as i said my mate starts a week before me but lives in norwich and has to do a fortninght at yarnfield then a fortnight in peterborough,in digs.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(learned) Thu 04-May-17 20:29:13
Print Post

[re: Beanydc] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Beanydc:
Dont think you can give a bad reference by law now. They can refuse but not give a bad one.

Come on then own up. Who was the heavy breather on that call!? Haha

My missus is an administration manager and has to do references all the time,most companys now will just ask to score out of 10,timekeeping,attendance,attitude to work etc but they usually ask would you employ this person again so they can say no and why if they want to but unless you have stormed out,chinning the manager and smashing up his new jag,you should be ok
Standard User mckeo5514
(member) Thu 04-May-17 20:30:26
Print Post

[re: Beanydc] [link to this post]

not quite true. you can give any reference you want as long as you are willing to stand by your words in court for possible defamation.
Standard User gouledw
(regular) Thu 04-May-17 20:50:15
Print Post

Bearing in mind I joined BT when I was 17, my reference was my old headteacher. Now I know that probably doesn't have any relevance to any of you but usually as long as it is someone who knows you for a period of time in connection for something outside personal stuff then they should be alright with the reference. They cannot penalise you for being self employed.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Thu 04-May-17 20:54:24
Print Post

My last employer only had contact today for a reference....and I start Monday!!lol
Standard User mckeo5514
(member) Thu 04-May-17 20:54:30
Print Post

[re: gouledw] [link to this post]

my reference was my research degree supervisor as i have only been in full time uni since leaving the army in 08. I didnt think he liked me lol
Standard User Gav_89
(newbie) Thu 04-May-17 20:59:54
Print Post

[re: Firsttwodie] [link to this post]

Based in Stowmarket, which is where I live so I'll be traveling from here &#9786;
Pages in this thread: << 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | [21] | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to