General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | [211] | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MaybeOpenreach
(newbie) Sat 10-Feb-18 14:25:03
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: jwalne96] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jwalne96:
In reply to a post by MaybeOpenreach:
I did my assessment day yesterday in Norwich, I got a phone call from recruitment this morning telling me that I'd been successful, with a start date in March and location.

Couldn't believe my luck.

Congratulations mate, did they tell you how long your training would be?

They did but to be honest I can't remember, eight weeks rings a bell (That may have been for holidays though). I was just trying to make sure I was getting it right that I was actually getting a job offer with a start date.

I'll update you when I get more information.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(committed) Mon 12-Feb-18 08:54:13
Print Post

[re: MaybeOpenreach] [link to this post]

Training is 11 weeks for fvr 12 for calomi ,4 weeks of buddying in amongst that aswell
Standard User Jbs89
(regular) Mon 12-Feb-18 12:38:44
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

How are CAL/OMI people finding the time pressure? Everyone got good line managers etc.?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User frazmataz666
(learned) Mon 12-Feb-18 13:19:55
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jbs89:
How are CAL/OMI people finding the time pressure? Everyone got good line managers etc.?

Engineer that I spoke to that I know through a friend had said he hasnt had much pressure. A few times he has been put on a job with say an hour and turned up but after assessment needs more like 2 or 3 hours, planning usually will change the time or just move him job. Says his manager is pretty decent in that respect as well. Guess it dependent on area.
Standard User Brad1982
(newbie) Mon 12-Feb-18 16:54:21
Print Post

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

Alright lads,

Firstly congratulations on being offered a place at OR.

Secondly donít worry about time pressures on jobs etc. Iím a CALOMI engineer and to be honest with you, there ainít a great focus on it. Because of the variety of work we do jobs can take a few minutes up to a few days depending on the complexity. Jobs are rarely the same and even though certain tasks have time limits on how long it should take, itís impossible to stick within these 100% of the time.

I think itís more worked out on averages. For example on Thursday last week I had a job that took me 4 hours to complete and I only got 3 jobs done that day. However, today Iíve done 9 jobs and still finished before 4 oíclock. Itís all depends on the tasks you pick up and how your day goes. I know seasoned engineers whoíve had really complex jobs that have taken them over a day to complete. A job takes as long as it takes.

Also being on the training team iím sure a small amount of leeway is given as basically you are still training. As Lincsboy says speed will come with time. Iím sure they would rather you take your time, do the job right and up to a good standard, rather than rushing it and making silly mistakes.

Thirdly, enjoy training, itís a lot to take in but they really have thought it out well and they prepare you enough to go out and do the job. Thereís plenty of support and you should really enjoy it.

Need to know anything else, give me a shout.

Good Luck
Standard User BWebster89
(newbie) Mon 12-Feb-18 20:11:57
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8 *DELETED*

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

Post deleted by BWebster89
Standard User SplendidTom
(learned) Mon 12-Feb-18 22:13:36
Print Post

[re: BWebster89] [link to this post]

Had an email earlier inviting me to an assessment centre in Birmingham on the 20th or the 21st. Chose the 21st so just waiting on a confirmation email!

Where about is the centre in Birmingham?
Standard User Jbs89
(regular) Mon 12-Feb-18 22:20:59
Print Post

[re: SplendidTom] [link to this post]

That's excellent! Best of luck!
Standard User Jbs89
(regular) Mon 12-Feb-18 22:26:34
Print Post

[re: Brad1982] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Brad1982:
Alright lads,

Firstly congratulations on being offered a place at OR.

Secondly donít worry about time pressures on jobs etc.....

Good Luck

Thanks very much for that. I'm not too worried, but just been reading up on articles and reviews and seen that mentioned a few times. I don't think it will be a problem ó was just curious. Itching to get started now, but got another 5 months to wait haha
Standard User lincsboy1979
(committed) Mon 12-Feb-18 22:33:06
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

Im Fvr so no time limits whatsover just a lot messier job.There have been examples of badly managed Calomi lads who av been put under pressure to hit targets but they usually are unlucky and av a manager trying to make a name for himself all the experienced guys will tell u its better to be average in the group as if ur constantly top u can only go down and u will burn out which is when questions are asked and if u constantly do 1/2 jobs a day everyday questions will be asked,u can tear [censored] around but if jobs are having to be re visisted it doesnt count,better to do a quality job everytime
Pages in this thread: << 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | [211] | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to