General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | [213] | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User frazmataz666
(learned) Tue 13-Feb-18 10:54:40
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: bh83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bh83:
How long you been waiting mate? Mine is 2 months today since I was told I passed assessment and still nothing. Iím in a rural part of wales so not sure what going on? What area are u in?

Almost a month now, had contact saying they were still deciding on spaces but it may be July at the earliest. I applied for a role within the South Lanarkshire area, not far from Glasgow but I am not sure what they will decide as I live about 30 mins from 5 areas they were recreating for and about an hour at a stretch for 3 others.

Guess it all depends on the role as well. Might not be CALOMI, could be Infrastructure or Business.

Bit of pain as having to hold things off incase you get the phone call.
Standard User mastertech
(newbie) Tue 13-Feb-18 11:07:23
Print Post

[re: mckeo5514] [link to this post]

Hi guys, just signed up to talk about my experience so far.
It has been quite a long winded process so far personally. I applied back in October, and at the beginning of November I was invited to do a video interview which was terrifying! I had an email a week later saying they are pleased that I passed initial screening and my application is being progressed but since then I was receiving an email a week saying they haven't forgotten me. until yesterday when they said there was finally a place open at an assessment centre in Exeter. Coming from Cornwall that's not to bad, couple hour drive. But they asked if I was able to make it on the 20th or 21st so not too much time to prepare. Bit nervous but being a trained vehicle electrician I'm not to worried about the wiring/crimping/plug wiring task. and I am definitely better in person than in a video interview lol. Fingers crossed now!
Standard User bh83
(newbie) Tue 13-Feb-18 11:13:02
Print Post

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

Yeah I finally had an email off them after emailing 3 times and they said they were still waiting for a start date. Very annoying the bot knowing. Especially when u see others get a start date straight away haha. But I guess itís all down to the area u are due to be placed.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jbs89
(regular) Tue 13-Feb-18 11:17:49
Print Post

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

Aw I thought they confirmed your start date in that email. That is a bit of a nightmare to be honest.
(learned) Tue 13-Feb-18 11:21:42
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jbs89:
Aw I thought they confirmed your start date in that email. That is a bit of a nightmare to be honest.

No mate, just saying that it may be July with the big BUT they are awaiting earlier dates.

Great fun haha
(learned) Tue 13-Feb-18 11:24:17
Print Post

[re: bh83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bh83:
Yeah I finally had an email off them after emailing 3 times and they said they were still waiting for a start date. Very annoying the bot knowing. Especially when u see others get a start date straight away haha. But I guess itís all down to the area u are due to be placed.

Thats it, could just be no one available to buddy. You have to wonder the amount of vans they are churning out as well every week from yarnfield.
Standard User Jbs89
(member) Tue 13-Feb-18 11:35:08
Print Post

[re: mastertech] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mastertech:
Hi guys, just signed up to talk about my experience so far.
It has been quite a long winded process so far personally. I applied back in October, and at the beginning of November I was invited to do a video interview which was terrifying! I had an email a week later saying they are pleased that I passed initial screening and my application is being progressed but since then I was receiving an email a week saying they haven't forgotten me. until yesterday when they said there was finally a place open at an assessment centre in Exeter. Coming from Cornwall that's not to bad, couple hour drive. But they asked if I was able to make it on the 20th or 21st so not too much time to prepare. Bit nervous but being a trained vehicle electrician I'm not to worried about the wiring/crimping/plug wiring task. and I am definitely better in person than in a video interview lol. Fingers crossed now!

That's great mate! Look through this thread and glass door for interview questions they might ask. You'll have a full week to prep, and the video interview is definitely more awkward than a face to face for sure, so it will be no bother! Best of luck!
Standard User Robnicks14
(newbie) Tue 13-Feb-18 11:45:16
Print Post

[re: mastertech] [link to this post]

I came from cornwall to the Exeter Assessment. The day is fine. You will panic more than you need to. My biggest advice is sort car parking out. Minimal parking around the centre, and machines are for 2 hours at a time. I got my misses to pay for extra parking via the meters app, but other lads on the day parked nearby in proper car parks and walked, which seemed like a less stressful thing to do.
Standard User Burgo87
(newbie) Tue 13-Feb-18 12:40:42
Print Post

[re: Robnicks14] [link to this post]

Hi Guys.

Did anyone attend the assessment center in B'ham last month on the 30th for the trainee engineer position?
thankfully, I passed smile and I am just waiting for my call from HR to propose dates and details on training. is anyone ells from that assessment center date in the same boat as me? the dreaded waiting game. if so, have you had a call or any other details yet?

Its great to see how active this thread is and awesome to see peoples good news.
Reading peoples comments and questions is doing nothing but build up my excitement to get started haha.
Standard User MMCMME
(learned) Tue 13-Feb-18 13:28:26
Print Post

[re: Burgo87] [link to this post]

Congrats and welcome to the waiting game....

Quite a number of us waiting for start dates now.

Its frustrating as I just want to know my date, even if its 6 months away just to put my mind at rest lol
Pages in this thread: << 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | [213] | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to