General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | [215] | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lincsboy1979
(committed) Tue 13-Feb-18 20:08:24
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

There is calomi which is working at customers houses and in the pcp mainly,FVR which is fault volume reduction so my job mainly is to go into the underground or up the poles and change all the [censored] infastructure thats been in for years,that was only made for telephony and change it to the new technology,these both come under service delivery,last year everyone was told their role previous to starting at yarnfield so if u just av SD u could b doing either of these roles.There is also fibre jointers,obviously fitting the fibre,and infastructure delivery that put in a lot of the brand new stuff like on building sites and new buisnesses.The most common apprentices this year will be calomi as there is more need for them,there were 300 FVR last year out of 1500 but they took too many on so have scaled it down this year,out of a weekly intake of 80-100 theres usually 5/6 fibre,8-10 ID,8-10 FVR and rest calomi.
Standard User jwalne96
(newbie) Tue 13-Feb-18 23:01:56
Print Post

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

Thanks guys Iím over the moon. Hope everybody will hear something sooner rather than later. Does anybody know how long you are at Yarnfield for because also Bolton was mentioned to me but not too sure how long that was for...
(committed) Wed 14-Feb-18 07:14:09
Print Post

[re: jwalne96] [link to this post]

Last year everyone was at yarnfield for first 2 weeks then u went to a different centre or stayed at yarnfield,depending in ur role.If tou are calomi you will go to the 1 nearest to you after yarnfield as the trainings done at all centres,if ur fvr u do all ur training at yarnfield or bradford as these are the only 2 set up for it,this may have changed though this year,dont think you will deffo be at the one nearest to you though until you get to yarnfield as it can change,there were lads in london that thought they would be going to croydon but were at bolton!!Dont plan anything until u get to yarnfield and then you will receieve ur training matrix.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jwalne96
(newbie) Wed 14-Feb-18 08:48:56
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Thanks mate some good insight there. Iím not really expecting anything to be honest I will just take it as it comes with regards to training. Looking forward to using my brain again as in my current job I go on robot mode as of 8am haha.
Standard User frazmataz666
(learned) Wed 14-Feb-18 08:59:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:
There is calomi which is working at customers houses and in the pcp mainly,FVR which is fault volume reduction so my job mainly is to go into the underground or up the poles and change all the [censored] infastructure thats been in for years,that was only made for telephony and change it to the new technology,these both come under service delivery,last year everyone was told their role previous to starting at yarnfield so if u just av SD u could b doing either of these roles.There is also fibre jointers,obviously fitting the fibre,and infastructure delivery that put in a lot of the brand new stuff like on building sites and new buisnesses.The most common apprentices this year will be calomi as there is more need for them,there were 300 FVR last year out of 1500 but they took too many on so have scaled it down this year,out of a weekly intake of 80-100 theres usually 5/6 fibre,8-10 ID,8-10 FVR and rest calomi.

Cheers mate, how are you finding it in general? Decent work wear etc?
(committed) Wed 14-Feb-18 09:42:05
Print Post

I really like the job,been on nearly 6 months now,this weathers not the best to be in the cold wet boxes but i was scaffolding for 10 years previous so used to it,bit of a culture shock for the factory/office boys!!They pretty much give u anything u need and u just log on ur laptop and order whatever u want and then pick it up,the workwear not great imo,we only got 1 jumper and the trousers are rubbish but u can wear ur own for confort like i do once u get off ur training as long as they are blue/black,i believe u lads are rolling out the new gear though as were all changing this year aa openreach isnt actually a part of BT anymore so all ur vans just have openreach on where as rest have some reference to BT,u can not go on the clothing website and order anything due to this change so i presume u will get new stuff.They do give u everything u need though which is a luxury to me as i used to even have to buy my own gloves!!!
(learned) Wed 14-Feb-18 09:50:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:
I really like the job,been on nearly 6 months now,this weathers not the best to be in the cold wet boxes but i was scaffolding for 10 years previous so used to it,bit of a culture shock for the factory/office boys!!They pretty much give u anything u need and u just log on ur laptop and order whatever u want and then pick it up,the workwear not great imo,we only got 1 jumper and the trousers are rubbish but u can wear ur own for confort like i do once u get off ur training as long as they are blue/black,i believe u lads are rolling out the new gear though as were all changing this year aa openreach isnt actually a part of BT anymore so all ur vans just have openreach on where as rest have some reference to BT,u can not go on the clothing website and order anything due to this change so i presume u will get new stuff.They do give u everything u need though which is a luxury to me as i used to even have to buy my own gloves!!!

Thought as much, I used to get my own gear when I did HGV work, can get half decent cheap stuff, I even found that the gear from aldi was far better than what the company gave me and a damn sight warmer. Glad you are enjoying mate, looking forward to getting started now.
(learned) Wed 14-Feb-18 09:53:27
Print Post

Also good news all.

Had a weird one yesterday, after posting that reply about not hearing back, got the call about an hour later and was offered the 26th March start date. What a result as my current job contract is up on the 24th. smile

I reckon what swung the early start date for me was I have no holidays and my notice is a week and that is even negotiable.

Hopefully you guys hear soon form the Glasgow assessments, need a train buddy haha
Standard User Jem8472
(regular) Wed 14-Feb-18 09:58:18
Print Post

Well that worked out well for you. smile
(learned) Wed 14-Feb-18 10:13:03
Print Post

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jem8472:
Well that worked out well for you. smile

Unbelievable mate, have read the email a few times again this morning just to make sure its not spam haha

Have you got your date?
Pages in this thread: << 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | [215] | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to