General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | [218] | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Dippa
(regular) Wed 14-Feb-18 22:02:38
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:
There is calomi which is working at customers houses and in the pcp mainly,FVR which is fault volume reduction so my job mainly is to go into the underground or up the poles and change all the [censored] infastructure thats been in for years,that was only made for telephony and change it to the new technology,these both come under service delivery,last year everyone was told their role previous to starting at yarnfield so if u just av SD u could b doing either of these roles.There is also fibre jointers,obviously fitting the fibre,and infastructure delivery that put in a lot of the brand new stuff like on building sites and new buisnesses.The most common apprentices this year will be calomi as there is more need for them,there were 300 FVR last year out of 1500 but they took too many on so have scaled it down this year,out of a weekly intake of 80-100 theres usually 5/6 fibre,8-10 ID,8-10 FVR and rest calomi.

They're not taking anymore FVR on this year. I've heard most will be fibre or Calomi
Standard User lincsboy1979
(committed) Wed 14-Feb-18 23:44:31
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

Theres been a couple as ive met a lad on his UG buddying,i think they were right at the end of last tears applicants,they have the new ford transits instead of the [censored] ducatos we have.A manager i was talking to whos running the training for fvr said they took 300 on last year but deffo over subscribed,in some areas theres 4/5 all ringing up for joint remakes in same area
Standard User lincsboy1979
(committed) Wed 14-Feb-18 23:47:01
Print Post

[re: MMCMME] [link to this post]

Dont tell them ur finishing date,ring in sick on ur last week,get ur week in hand,then jack smile:):):):)smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Dippa
(regular) Thu 15-Feb-18 06:57:41
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:
Theres been a couple as ive met a lad on his UG buddying,i think they were right at the end of last tears applicants,they have the new ford transits instead of the [censored] ducatos we have.A manager i was talking to whos running the training for fvr said they took 300 on last year but deffo over subscribed,in some areas theres 4/5 all ringing up for joint remakes in same area

Yeah they will be from last year. We've had a couple join our team last month who came from last year.

Transit over our Ducatos? I'd much prefer our Ducatos with the microwave and boiler... Plus my very own made toilet lol

In my team we have 19 FVR. In my area we have 7 of us who work together regularly. That being said, we do cover the whole of the midlands including Birmingham and mid Wales
Standard User mastertech
(newbie) Thu 15-Feb-18 09:07:14
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

Hi guys, probably answered a million times, but if I go to the assessment centre next week do we all go as calomi and they pick who to do fibre or is it random? any advantages of one over the other?
I'm very excited but have so many questions I'm going back through this forum to answer lol
Standard User Jbs89
(member) Thu 15-Feb-18 09:22:27
Print Post

[re: mastertech] [link to this post]

They are mainly putting people in service delivery as CALOMI I think, so there's a huge chance of that. I'm not sure if they have criteria to sort people once successful though or just a case of randomly picking people that suit the needs of nearby areas.
Standard User mastertech
(newbie) Thu 15-Feb-18 09:43:27
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

Thanks for that. It was just a general enquiry really, I'm not fussed lol. I have spent the last 5 years crimping wires in a single workshop, I am a vehicle diagnostics technician, so look forward to doing it "out and about" rain and shine. always hated being in one place. Just need to do well at this assessment half day
Standard User frazmataz666
(regular) Thu 15-Feb-18 09:47:53
Print Post

In reply to a post by mastertech:
Hi guys, probably answered a million times, but if I go to the assessment centre next week do we all go as calomi and they pick who to do fibre or is it random? any advantages of one over the other?
I'm very excited but have so many questions I'm going back through this forum to answer lol

Think its just what they need at the time, I have the qualification you already get at the end of the training but I havent been earmarked for anything extra or different.

From previous posts you can upskill if its needed in your area.
Standard User frazmataz666
(regular) Thu 15-Feb-18 10:08:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by mastertech:
Thanks for that. It was just a general enquiry really, I'm not fussed lol. I have spent the last 5 years crimping wires in a single workshop, I am a vehicle diagnostics technician, so look forward to doing it "out and about" rain and shine. always hated being in one place. Just need to do well at this assessment half day

The assessment isnt as bad as you think, the one at Glasgow was pretty laid back and the folk on the team were decent. Be tidy on the practical test, chat away to the interviewers, most likely they will be managers of areas. The health and safety bit should be fine if you are already a tech. I just talked them through a general setup of a Comms post, emphasise the safety side, cordons, checking site location etc

Good Luck when it comes.
Standard User mastertech
(newbie) Thu 15-Feb-18 10:17:06
Print Post

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

that's great advice, as we speak on here I'm actually doing my departments Risk assessments for health and safety, hence why I'm on the computer lol. I'm not to worried really, just the usual nerves, ill be sure to keep things as tidy as I can, I was told it was wiring a plug or crimping some wires so that should be okay as well. thanks again!
Pages in this thread: << 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | [218] | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to