General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | [219] | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User frazmataz666
(regular) Thu 15-Feb-18 10:23:52
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: mastertech] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mastertech:
that's great advice, as we speak on here I'm actually doing my departments Risk assessments for health and safety, hence why I'm on the computer lol. I'm not to worried really, just the usual nerves, ill be sure to keep things as tidy as I can, I was told it was wiring a plug or crimping some wires so that should be okay as well. thanks again!

Not a plug anymore, its now like a board where you have 3 different connections. There is a mirror image above you just have to copy. You get a proper demo of each aspect, its just like phone connectors you see on the wall. It is easy but I guarantee that you will think its harder than it looks. They give you 35 mins but you can rattle through it quick.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(committed) Thu 15-Feb-18 12:13:13
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

The transits have microwaves and boilers like ours,they are shorter in length but taller,the ducatos are rubbish hence why they have ditched them,i know of at least 10 that have been in for work within 6 months including mine,they were a lot cheaper which is why they trialed them,but we will be stuck with them for 5 years,if they last that long:):):)smile
(committed) Thu 15-Feb-18 12:15:10
Print Post

Its not sorted at assesment,if u get through they then look geographically what they have available and sort you that way,if theres allready at least 1 fvr/fibre apprentice at ur exchange u will probably be calomi as that is where the bulk of the staff is needed at the customer end

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(committed) Thu 15-Feb-18 12:18:49
Print Post

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

The thing with this task is that its not a test to c how u do with something electrical its to do with following a set of instructions the BT way which is what they love.It could look shabby but as long as you followed the instructions correctly it will be fine,1 tip i will say is if they provide safety glasses make sure u wear them,they wont tell you to but its common sense if they have been provided.Your not “supposed” to cut any cable/wire without wearing them
Standard User frazmataz666
(regular) Thu 15-Feb-18 13:02:47
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:
The thing with this task is that its not a test to c how u do with something electrical its to do with following a set of instructions the BT way which is what they love.It could look shabby but as long as you followed the instructions correctly it will be fine,1 tip i will say is if they provide safety glasses make sure u wear them,they wont tell you to but its common sense if they have been provided.Your not “supposed” to cut any cable/wire without wearing them

You mean the Openreach way laugh
Standard User mastertech
(newbie) Thu 15-Feb-18 13:28:31
Print Post

thanks for that. its habit to wear safety glasses for me, so I would have done that . But the tip about following instructions is perfect as I have a tendency of just cracking on, so I appreciate that
Standard User Jbs89
(member) Thu 15-Feb-18 13:54:50
Print Post

Yeah there was a guy at my assessment who wanted to show off that he could do it no problem. It sounded like he was a contractor who had already done work for BT. However, he had to be told to put his safety glasses on! I think it's purely test to see if you can follow instructions yeah and if you have a knack for that sort of stuff/ checking your dexterity etc. I really enjoyed that bit myself.
(committed) Thu 15-Feb-18 14:04:54
Print Post

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

Until my van,clothing,and contract say different its still Bt openreach to me:):):)smile
Standard User BWebster89
(newbie) Thu 15-Feb-18 18:49:21
Print Post

Hi guys. My training starts march the 5th. Can anyone shed some light on what sort of things I should take with me to the training centre.
I.e what clothing/ anything like paper/pads/folders etc
Or is everything like that provided.
I'm hoping someone from Openreach will be intouch again soon and sh d more light. It's all about vague &#128514;
Any help much appreciated

&#128077;&#128077;&#128077;
Standard User GingerSquirrel
(newbie) Thu 15-Feb-18 19:12:38
Print Post

[re: BWebster89] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BWebster89:
Hi guys. My training starts march the 5th. Can anyone shed some light on what sort of things I should take with me to the training centre.
I.e what clothing/ anything like paper/pads/folders etc
Or is everything like that provided.
I'm hoping someone from Openreach will be intouch again soon and sh d more light. It's all about vague &#128514;
Any help much appreciated

&#128077;&#128077;&#128077;

I'm starting on the 5th as well. Not really got any insight as to what to take other than what I have read on here that its smart casual on the Monday and then uniform from then on and take a big suitcase to carry all the uniform back home.
Where are you traveling from?
Pages in this thread: << 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | [219] | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to