General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | [220] | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User smudge3970
(newbie) Thu 15-Feb-18 20:08:14
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: GingerSquirrel] [link to this post]

I start on the 5th too. Hr lady said "the travel team" will be in touch about a week before we go. Also got a Ready to Start email with hiring manager details stating that they would be in touch about a week before to finalise things....just have to be patient i suppose. Feels a bit surreal, ..it's like being in limbo! Can't wait to leave my current job.

Edited by smudge3970 (Thu 15-Feb-18 20:11:08)

Standard User lincsboy1979
(committed) Fri 16-Feb-18 07:32:53
Print Post

[re: smudge3970] [link to this post]

Last year they sent all the uniform by courier a month beforehand,obviously theyve changed this so u will be picking all ur uniform up on day 1.Take a large suitcase for this as there is loads.2 coats,waterproof bottoms,5 t-shirts,2 jumpers,2 trousers,2 pairs of boots,helmet and other ppe,then u will have ur laptop bag and laptop to carry.unless u are fvr u will have to travel on a coach to get ur van on the friday so u all have to sling ur gear into a van that goes to magna park,so dont leave ur gear in the box it will come in as it will be easier to locate when u get there.Smart/casual will be fine for the monday then all u need is clothes for the night times.Its all powerpoint presentations on week 1 really,u dont need to take anything apart from ur learning folder and laptop which will be given to u on day 1.And you will think that it looks like no contact has been made for ages but they literally leave everything until near enough a week before u go as its easier for them so ir train tickets and that will all be sorted about a week before
Standard User frazmataz666
(regular) Fri 16-Feb-18 11:54:27
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:
Last year they sent all the uniform by courier a month beforehand,obviously theyve changed this so u will be picking all ur uniform up on day 1.Take a large suitcase for this as there is loads.2 coats,waterproof bottoms,5 t-shirts,2 jumpers,2 trousers,2 pairs of boots,helmet and other ppe,then u will have ur laptop bag and laptop to carry.unless u are fvr u will have to travel on a coach to get ur van on the friday so u all have to sling ur gear into a van that goes to magna park,so dont leave ur gear in the box it will come in as it will be easier to locate when u get there.Smart/casual will be fine for the monday then all u need is clothes for the night times.Its all powerpoint presentations on week 1 really,u dont need to take anything apart from ur learning folder and laptop which will be given to u on day 1.And you will think that it looks like no contact has been made for ages but they literally leave everything until near enough a week before u go as its easier for them so ir train tickets and that will all be sorted about a week before

Delivery would be much easier and do a swap on the day as likely the most thing is going to be trousers. Was it just a case of getting the keys and heading back home on the friday? Does it have full in it haha

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lincsboy1979
(committed) Fri 16-Feb-18 14:43:08
Print Post

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

we got our vans on the thursday night and was away at 7 on the friday but if ur calomi u will be getting a vivaro along with about 80 others so u go friday morning and they try do it geographically for whos furthest away but from what i heard everyone was away by lunch.u get a quarter of a tank so best to find nearest esso on way home,not the one nearest magna park as everyone goes there,u will be able to do at least a 100 miles so best looking closer to home,u get ur card same time thats allready activated.
Standard User smudge3970
(newbie) Fri 16-Feb-18 19:00:21
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:

Really good to know, thanks...not sure if my role yet, but probably CALOMI...a vivaro, deep joy....Had my heart set on a transit...lol
Standard User BWebster89
(newbie) Fri 16-Feb-18 19:35:05
Print Post

[re: GingerSquirrel] [link to this post]

I'm traveling from Scarborough mate. Can't wait now last week at work!!
Standard User BWebster89
(newbie) Fri 16-Feb-18 19:36:32
Print Post

Ditto I also had my heart set on the transit. Haha
Standard User Jem8472
(member) Fri 16-Feb-18 22:52:40
Print Post

I start on the 12th March and I am still waiting on my crb certificate. It was supposedly sent on the 9th but it still has not turned up. I have a feeling it's not even been posted yet. It is the last thing I need to get to BT then I am all done. It is just annoying that it's not here yet.
Standard User MrLloyd
(newbie) Sat 17-Feb-18 00:27:07
Print Post

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

Well I have had another email from BT today saying they haven't forgotten me and waiting for an assessment date so fingers crossed. thats two emails this month so you never know. So jealous people are getting start dates.
Standard User Jem8472
(member) Sat 17-Feb-18 13:53:44
Print Post

[re: MrLloyd] [link to this post]

I am sure you will soon get a date.
Pages in this thread: << 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | [220] | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to