General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | [225] | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mastertech
(newbie) Tue 20-Feb-18 18:29:53
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Burgo87] [link to this post]

Well personally, that assessment day was horrible. For some reason i couldnt shake the nerves, and thats not like me. First of all we did the colour blind "test" really it was just naming colours. Next we had a small video presentation which was okay.i went straight to the skills test which was hard enough for some people to struggle out but i felt that was my strongest one. Immediately had both my interviews and felt like people were trying to catch me out a bit. I dont know might have been my nerves again. Finally did a maths and english test which i absolutely flunked. I recently passed my gcse in maths at a c grade but it said i was working towards level 1 when the guy next to me was working to a level 3? So thats knocked my confidence big time. Gutted. But will be told in 5 days either way. Fingers still crossed
Standard User Jem8472
(member) Tue 20-Feb-18 18:48:46
Print Post

[re: mastertech] [link to this post]

It is annoying when you are nervous. I don't think they were trying to catch you out during the interviews but they want to get down in to your answers to make sure they understand what you are saying.

The maths and English is not a test as such. It is an assessment so it does not matter if you are working to level 1 it tells them what sort of support you might need during the apprenticeship if you pass.

Good luck.
Standard User Jbs89
(member) Tue 20-Feb-18 21:44:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by mastertech:
Well personally, that assessment day was horrible. For some reason i couldnt shake the nerves, and thats not like me. First of all we did the colour blind "test" really it was just naming colours. Next we had a small video presentation which was okay.i went straight to the skills test which was hard enough for some people to struggle out but i felt that was my strongest one. Immediately had both my interviews and felt like people were trying to catch me out a bit. I dont know might have been my nerves again. Finally did a maths and english test which i absolutely flunked. I recently passed my gcse in maths at a c grade but it said i was working towards level 1 when the guy next to me was working to a level 3? So thats knocked my confidence big time. Gutted. But will be told in 5 days either way. Fingers still crossed

Ah unlucky, mate, but I'm sure you did just fine! Wait and hear what they say!

Re: the maths and english bit, I don't think it's a test per se but more just to see where you are at, as others have said. I'm curious that someone got told they were level 3 though as ours maxed out at level 2 I'm sure. I have an engineering degree and am really particular about grammar, finishing both parts pretty quickly, but it still only mentioned level 2 or over. To be fair the calculators on the laptops don't really work, so maybe that's my problem haha.

If you were friendly and personable, gave a decent account of yourself, and with your background etc. I'm sure you'll get the nod. Fingers crossed!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User frazmataz666
(regular) Wed 21-Feb-18 08:03:13
Print Post

Mirroring what JB has said, I wouldn't worry about that maths and english. It is only an assessment and used to work out a base level, I have the BTEC qualification they give you at the end already from previous employment so it doesn't really matter and as said some people have engineering backgrounds or none of that so they have to set a level field.

Hopefully its good news when it comes.
Standard User mastertech
(newbie) Wed 21-Feb-18 11:43:15
Print Post

Well i spoke to soon. Had an email this morning saying congratulations and they will be calling me by the end of next week to discuss my start date. Less than 24 hours since my assessment so i couldnt have done as bad as i thought i did haha. Cheers guys
(regular) Wed 21-Feb-18 11:51:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by mastertech:
Well i spoke to soon. Had an email this morning saying congratulations and they will be calling me by the end of next week to discuss my start date. Less than 24 hours since my assessment so i couldnt have done as bad as i thought i did haha. Cheers guys

Good to hear smile

You might be one of the lucky ones depending on your area that you hear quick, if not get ready to refresh your emails every hour and pull your hair out waiting.
Standard User MMCMME
(learned) Wed 21-Feb-18 12:00:58
Print Post

I just got the same email after passing mid January. Glad I havent been forgotten about and things are starting to progress smile
Standard User mastertech
(newbie) Wed 21-Feb-18 12:06:04
Print Post

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

It says they are phoning me by the end of next week to talk about start dates. I can chill now lol
(regular) Wed 21-Feb-18 12:08:15
Print Post

Happy days, they must be getting over the influx over the last month. Think a few people have been waiting over a month.
Standard User SplendidTom
(learned) Wed 21-Feb-18 12:20:24
Print Post

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

Just got done with the assessment morning. Don't think I got it. Think I messed up on the crimping part on the skills test. Everything else I felt well which is a shame.
Pages in this thread: << 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | [225] | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to