General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | [226] | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mastertech
(newbie) Wed 21-Feb-18 12:25:16
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: SplendidTom] [link to this post]

My comment above proves that you shouldnt doubt yourself my friend lol. Good luck
Standard User Richard110187
(newbie) Wed 21-Feb-18 12:46:22
Print Post

[re: mastertech] [link to this post]

Well done mastertech lets hope they give you a date that isn't to far in the future. Good work pal.
Standard User Jem8472
(member) Wed 21-Feb-18 13:03:11
Print Post

I don't believe they are looking for perfection. They are looking for you listening to them. Seeing that you follow how they said to use the tools and be neat and tidy.

During my practical someone wired up the two wires together incorrectly and they were advised to have another go at it. All he did was a simple mistake probably because of nerves.

Edited by Jem8472 (Wed 21-Feb-18 13:07:38)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SplendidTom
(learned) Wed 21-Feb-18 13:07:47
Print Post

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

Yeah, nerves got the better of me. All the other parts of the practical were fine I reckon. And the actual technique of crimping I found easy and I paired them off like I heard you were meant to. I just think I paired some of the wrong colours together. I'd rather wire a plug!

Apart from that, the interviews went well. I guess we'll have to wait and see but I would be surprised if it is anything other than a rejection.
Standard User mastertech
(newbie) Wed 21-Feb-18 13:44:48
Print Post

good luck buddy, my nerves were awful and I thought the worst as you can see.
Standard User Jbs89
(member) Wed 21-Feb-18 14:41:38
Print Post

[re: mastertech] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mastertech:
Well i spoke to soon. Had an email this morning saying congratulations and they will be calling me by the end of next week to discuss my start date. Less than 24 hours since my assessment so i couldnt have done as bad as i thought i did haha. Cheers guys

Congrats, mate! See, there you go haha.
Standard User Jbs89
(member) Wed 21-Feb-18 14:43:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by SplendidTom:
Just got done with the assessment morning. Don't think I got it. Think I messed up on the crimping part on the skills test. Everything else I felt well which is a shame.

I'm sure it's more heavily based on how you do in your interviews, so don't worry too much. If you got most of it right, I'm sure that's fine.
Standard User 1534walla
(newbie) Wed 21-Feb-18 17:15:08
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

Afternoon

I applied for the trainee engineer role last week, did strength tests etc then got email for video interview which i completed on Monday

today I got this email

We’re pleased to tell you that you’ve passed our initial screening. We’re progressing your application for the Openreach Trainee Engineer Programme to the next stage of the recruitment process, which is where we consider your application against others for an Assessment Centre.

Our assessment centres take place throughout the year. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it’s not possible for us to invite all candidates who reach this stage to attend an assessment centre. We invite candidates to an assessment centre based on how well they have done in the earlier parts of the application process and how much of a match they are for the roles we have available.

If you are successful in receiving an invite to an assessment we’ll be in touch to provide further information about the role we’re considering you for and with additional details about the day.

As we arrange hundreds of assessment centres, it does take some planning and there may be a delay in you hearing from us to let you know whether you have been successful at this stage or not. However, we will send you regular updates to let you know if you have been considered for an assessment centre place.

We’ll be in touch with an update as soon as we can. If you have any questions before you’ve heard from us please email openreachrecruitment@bt.com

Until then, thank you for your patience and well done again on making it this far.

Best wishes,
Openreach Recruitment Team

Is that a thanks but no thanks or a positive email?

I'd like to think the video interview went well

I'm based in Chester

Cheers!
Standard User 1534walla
(newbie) Wed 21-Feb-18 17:17:17
Print Post

[re: 1534walla] [link to this post]

also, when i log into the bt careers site theres now 2 applications?

and when i click the new one that says "application received"

it says this

Congratulations! You've passed our initial screening and we're now considering you for assessment centre. We'll be in touch soon to let you know when we can book you in.

hoping its positive!
Standard User Jbs89
(member) Wed 21-Feb-18 17:20:20
Print Post

[re: 1534walla] [link to this post]

Yeah, that is the standard email everyone gets. I don't think it is guaranteed as I think they review the interview and your CV to decide, but it's pretty likely you get invited to an assessment centre! That is also the case when I logged into the BT site, so completely normal also.
Pages in this thread: << 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | [226] | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to