General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | [23] | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Kirky89
(regular) Fri 05-May-17 12:02:21
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Robmitch123] [link to this post]

Got the travel arrangements call yesterday morning just waiting for training schedule email today. start 15th may getting very close now
Standard User MrSpud
(newbie) Fri 05-May-17 12:46:49
Print Post

[re: Kirky89] [link to this post]

Does anyone know anything about the Bolton training centre. I went to ask at my local exchange today and the guy I spoke to there had never heard of it
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Fri 05-May-17 15:37:07
Print Post

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

I'm interested in this too I live near bolton and I can't find anything not even an address.

I got an email today saying their initial checks where done, confirming my start date and giving me my UIN. Starting to feel real now smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Fri 05-May-17 15:45:22
Print Post

[re: caw99] [link to this post]

Congrats feels good don't it? Now the real waiting starts they don't contact you much to let you know what's going on but it does seem to progress in the background all the same.
Standard User MrSpud
(newbie) Fri 05-May-17 16:11:25
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

I jumped on an openreach engineer earlier. Managed to interrogate him, there is a bt fleet site there takes some googling mind
Standard User lincsboy1979
(learned) Fri 05-May-17 19:41:42
Print Post

[re: Robmitch123] [link to this post]

just monday and tuesday for me then its bye bye construction!!!got the call from john kennedy today in edinburgh,train booked for the 14th,4 hours and 3 changes but not bothered now,cant wait to get started..
(learned) Fri 05-May-17 19:44:11
Print Post

[re: caw99] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by caw99:
Boom, day 5 has come and so as the job offer. Buzzing, start 19th June.

See told you to hang on,nice one its a relief to hear the call for sure,i had an email first saying would i call anna marie regarding my assesment and thought it may be a let down phone call that she didnt want to email but it wasnt in the end,
(learned) Fri 05-May-17 19:45:30
Print Post

[re: Kirky89] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kirky89:
Got the travel arrangements call yesterday morning just waiting for training schedule email today. start 15th may getting very close now

Me too looks like im doing 2 weeks in yarnfield then rest at home
Standard User JoshSutts
(newbie) Fri 05-May-17 20:36:42
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Hi guys,

Just got confirmation of an assessment centre in Leeds on the 16th.. just wondering if you have any pointers/advice that could be useful.

I've had previous experiences with assessments centres and interviews etc just wanting a heads up.

Really hope I get the job!
(learned) Fri 05-May-17 20:52:25
Print Post

[re: JoshSutts] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JoshSutts:
Hi guys,

Just got confirmation of an assessment centre in Leeds on the 16th.. just wondering if you have any pointers/advice that could be useful.

I've had previous experiences with assessments centres and interviews etc just wanting a heads up.

Really hope I get the job!

first of all theres no parking whatsover as its just on a main road surrounded by offices and hotels,but there are a few multi stories near it but it will cost between £12 and £17 pound for the time you are there.Its quite relaxed,get there take a seast fill in a form and have photo taken,then go in and a bloke called callum will talk you through the process and about bt,then go off into groups where you will do a maths and english test on a laptop,questions start of easy and get harder to determine where you are on the spectrum,be aware you dont know how many questions there are you just keep have to keep going until it says finished,i was last out the room in mine but you are all staggered and some have more questions than others if you keep going up a bit higher so dont worry if your left in.you will also do the changing a plug test,its all on a sheet how to do it but make sure you put on safety glasses and you wont get it perfect like the picture it would take ages,its about following procedure rather than being a sparky,quick colour blind test where you have to pick out the colour wires he says,the young lad who does this is well laid back and a sound lad.Theres then 2 interviews,you will be collected by a manager than led up to an interview room,which seems to take forever,no point telling you questions as they tailor then to your answers,all i can say is tell the truth,dont hesitate or give them an answer you think is being clever and then not being able to back it up when they focus on that.Just chill out and be yourself,it flies by and before you know it 4 1/2 hours have gone,we had these 2 apprentices that had been there around 2 years and they will asnwer the questions you might not want to ask in front of the full room with the managers there.good luck,apparantley we were the first assesments this year on april 19th and there are 1500 jobs going so he says theres pretty much a job for everyone at this time of the year so your not really battling it out with the other 14 for 1 spot,so just do your best.good luck hope this helps
Pages in this thread: << 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | [23] | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to