General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | [237] | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lincsboy1979
(committed) Tue 27-Feb-18 20:01:56
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: MaybeOpenreach] [link to this post]

You will be doing 8- 16.10 for first 12 months,they dont want u on the other shifts like 4 day week or 9 day fortnight incase u miss any nvq days.If your a home parker u sign on at 7.15,do ur van “check”pull away to first job at 7.30,then give them till 8 for free.Then on way home whatever time u get back u then take off 30 mins before signing off so u give them an hour for free.do note though this is up to managers descretion,they can make u give an hour each way but mine doesnt.
Standard User frazmataz666
(regular) Tue 27-Feb-18 20:12:13
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:
You get an email asking what u would LIKE off at xmas,no one can book any holidays off in december at all no exception, as what they do is sort out the days inbetween xmas so dont let anybody off.If you want an example last manager emailed and said chose preferred days off in order 1-5,i submitted mine straight away and got the 28th/29th off that i wanted and just went in for 1 day(27th),some lads didnt do it straight away so got random days off like 20th/21st or 2/3 jan and worked all through,days they didnt even want off.they only realease so many slots for your holiday group to share so u have to get them in as soon as he sends the email.

I imagine you get the 25-26 as standard as they would be paying triple time or can you work if required?
(committed) Tue 27-Feb-18 20:16:56
Print Post

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

You wont work them,too many sad acts asking for it,they would never ask u unless there was an earthquake or sommats in ur area:):)smile Only have certain roles on call,no one wants u tound their house banging about on xmas day

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(regular) Tue 27-Feb-18 20:20:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:
You wont work them,too many sad acts asking for it,they would never ask u unless there was an earthquake or sommats in ur area:):)smile Only have certain roles on call,no one wants u tound their house banging about on xmas day

Sounds about right haha There would always be people wanting to work it. How you getting on? Been about a year?
(committed) Tue 27-Feb-18 20:21:03
Print Post

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

Normal hotel smile:):)smile very basic student style digs,some have singles some doubles but to be fair there mostly cleanish and all have en-suite,the rooms on the website are the ones they rent out to normal paying guests.
(committed) Tue 27-Feb-18 20:33:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by frazmataz666:
In reply to a post by Jbs89:
... nested quotes trimmed ...

I dont think you will be away for the training tho. As far as I am led to believe the training centre is just a day thing with no over nights.

Cant help you with Cornwall mate thats like the [censored] end of the world to me haha

Im down from Scotland on the 26th of March smile

I think it depends how close you live to the training centre whether you can travel in each day or are put up at a hotel. Read you can't drive the van before 7am in the morning.

I cant think why you wouldnt be able to drive the van before 7am. Not controlled by drivers hours at that size of vehicle. Maybe no one is in that early to watch the tracker laugh

I do suppose distance will be an issue to the training centre if you live in the back and beyond.

Anoither Yarnfield myth,i was out at 6.30 this morning as had a 2 hour drive.The training centre rules are you have to stay during your time at Yarnfield even if you live within an hour as they want you all together as part of the learning experience.They will tell you that you must travel down on the sunday nights and in the week once you leave for your local training centre unless you can leave your house at 7 and comfortably get there allowing for traffic for 8,out of my group of 90 there was only 1 person who could do this,everybody who lives within the Yarnfield area tends to not work for BT smile:):):)They dont want people ringing up saying theyre stuck in traffic and missing stuff so prefer you to stay overnight on site.
Standard User Deano22
(learned) Tue 27-Feb-18 20:57:55
Print Post

I swear at assesment day they said they pay you for half hour each way? Guessing this isnt true then? Suppose half hour each way is fine but if your driving an hour to first job then hour back do you not get some of that time back or paid for it? Over 400 hours a year for free if that was the case
(regular) Tue 27-Feb-18 21:18:33
Print Post

[re: Deano22] [link to this post]

Its in the contract you are willing to give 60 mins if required. The big thing is if required, dont think there is many that enforce said amount. Spoke to an engineer I know and he said its usually 30 mins
(committed) Tue 27-Feb-18 21:20:08
Print Post

[re: Deano22] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Deano22:
I swear at assesment day they said they pay you for half hour each way? Guessing this isnt true then? Suppose half hour each way is fine but if your driving an hour to first job then hour back do you not get some of that time back or paid for it? Over 400 hours a year for free if that was the case

Yea they do pay you half hour each way but if your first job is an hour away or last job is an hour away you have to give them back half hour of the travel time.

Its a "perk" for having the van at home so you dont have to travel to your van every day in your own time and cost,yes i give 200 odd hours a year for free.You only dont if you park at the exchanges,but its not a choice all the old boys do and they want all the new recruits to park at home as getting more out of you as exchange parkers dont give the time so they set off from exchange at 8.15 and arrive back at 16.10.You will only be able to park at the exchange if you have a valid reason not to be able to park at home,most new recruits are not near their given exchange anyway so not an option really.
(committed) Tue 27-Feb-18 21:22:42
Print Post

Its in the contract you are willing to give 60 mins if required. The big thing is if required, dont think there is many that enforce said amount. Spoke to an engineer I know and he said its usually 30 mins

You will find theres more who give an hour each way than dont,my manager believes 30 mins is enough,but he used to be on the tools so has more of an understanding.
Pages in this thread: << 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | [237] | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to