General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | [239] | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Sim8190
(newbie) Wed 28-Feb-18 13:45:19
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: GJM83] [link to this post]

Just had a phone call to start on the 9th April at yarnfield. She said that on weeks that would just be classroom based I would have to travel to Bradford and stay there even though I live in Leicester, anyone else got the same dates?
Standard User Jbs89
(member) Wed 28-Feb-18 14:31:21
Print Post

[re: GJM83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by GJM83:
Just off the phone there. Start date is 18th June down at Yarnfield. Cant wait!!

Awesome news, guys! Easier to plan things once you know first thing I did was book a holiday haha.
Standard User GJM83
(newbie) Wed 28-Feb-18 14:51:30
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

Cheers mate. Ive plenty of time now to get a holiday booked, thats for sure.

I was told my role was infrastructure and service delivery. I take it thats calomi? The openreach site has infrastructure delivery and service delivery as two different roles. Im sure its been asked before but i cant find it now.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jem8472
(member) Wed 28-Feb-18 14:54:29
Print Post

You are all welcome to come and join us on discord to chat about things and find people you will be starting with.

https://discord.gg/9eXbpA9
Standard User Dougie665
(newbie) Wed 28-Feb-18 15:38:28
Print Post

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

Well done guys. congrats.

Anyone know if the DBS check has to done with address that matches the home address you will be based at ? Daft question I know, but currently work away and not due to move til bout week before my start date. Not worried bout check itself as I currently have CRB.Just thinking bout possible hiccups !!
Standard User Jem8472
(member) Wed 28-Feb-18 16:16:28
Print Post

[re: Dougie665] [link to this post]

I would think it is the address that matches your ID. Like your driving licence.
Standard User Jbs89
(member) Wed 28-Feb-18 19:14:45
Print Post

[re: Dougie665] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Dougie665:

Anyone know if the DBS check has to done with address that matches the home address you will be based at ? Daft question I know, but currently work away and not due to move til bout week before my start date. Not worried bout check itself as I currently have CRB.Just thinking bout possible hiccups !!

I was literally moving during the week that I had to submit all the forms, so my driving licence was just changing over to my new address but the disclosure had my old address on it. So far no problems, but touch wood!
Standard User MaybeOpenreach
(newbie) Wed 28-Feb-18 19:19:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by Jbs89:
In reply to a post by Dougie665:

I was literally moving during the week that I had to submit all the forms, so my driving licence was just changing over to my new address but the disclosure had my old address on it. So far no problems, but touch wood!

The address for this type of check is just a mailing address.
Standard User Dougie665
(newbie) Wed 28-Feb-18 20:29:07
Print Post

[re: MaybeOpenreach] [link to this post]

Cheers Guys.

Appreciate the advice. Hopefully hiccup will be avoided !
Standard User lincsboy1979
(committed) Wed 28-Feb-18 21:01:54
Print Post

[re: MMCMME] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MMCMME:
Bit off topic but what happens when theres 10 inches of snow like today? Still expected to travel on time?

Are we provided with snow shovels etc?

Just curious smile

They arent bothered they want u out in it,for example today i set off at 6.15 and arrived home at 20.15 due to spending 7 hours driving in torrential snow,all they do is send u emails and texts to say stay safe,but my mate whos been on 40 years has only been told to stay home once and weve had some terrible winters in that time,stupidly they would rather u struggle like [censored] to get to a job and maybe get out and do a bit then say stay at home,u have to try and get going,if u point blank cant move then its a phone call to manager and he will sort sommats
Pages in this thread: << 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | [239] | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to