General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | [24] | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lincsboy1979
(learned) Fri 05-May-17 21:23:31
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

also as a footnote,read this forum from page 1 its good some really good information on it and i dont know how all these other people came accross it,i stumbled upon it whilst trying to google some bt stuff but its the best thing i did as answered a lot of questions bt havent really got time to tell everyone.I start on 15th and going to do a day by day post for others waiting to go to yarnfield
Standard User SC999
(newbie) Fri 05-May-17 21:39:03
Print Post

Just had email today for me to complete my tasks.
Everything seemed to fill in ok until I got to the references part where it wouldn't submit? Has anyone else had any problems with this part?

Also I had my picture taken on the assessment day but it's asking me to supply a passport size photo. Just wondering what the other guys have done before I get another mug shot taken!
Standard User Bons
(newbie) Fri 05-May-17 21:53:46
Print Post

[re: SC999] [link to this post]

I just stood in front of a wall got the wife to take a photo then resized of the machine and sent off.

Note was a plain white wall don't think the will accept if ifs got stuff in the background

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Fri 05-May-17 22:04:44
Print Post

There are more tasks to come, I had no issues with filling the references but it did say I hadn't completed them all for a while even though I had. Cant remember how i fixed it though. You will get an email at some point with more tasks like clothing sizes and driving licence check.
That email and the first tasks both asked for a photo. I just sent them another I have feeling the one at the assessment may have been used to help the assessors remember who we where.

Edited by ShavedApe (Fri 05-May-17 22:09:04)

Standard User JoshSutts
(newbie) Fri 05-May-17 22:07:46
Print Post

Thanks mate, really helpful tips there.

I've had a nosey of this forum and found some really useful stuff!

Fingers crossed everything goes all well, and I hope they let me have a September start as I'm being made redundant and cant leave until then!

Best thing being if all goes well is a van!
Standard User Dippa
(learned) Fri 05-May-17 23:05:51
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Anyone know how soon they contact your employer once you've given them your references ?
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Sat 06-May-17 01:18:25
Print Post

[re: mckeo5514] [link to this post]

There's a 1940's film about belts, that shows them testing a belt to 600lbs, or over 250kg.
http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/BTsHistory/BTfilmarchi...

It might still be a requirement to wear a bowler while dressing your belt wink
Standard User Firsttwodie
(member) Sat 06-May-17 08:06:18
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

Your references are usually contacted within a couple of days of submitting them so be prepared if it's going to upset your employer.

I've just had my travel areangements this could be different for some but it would appear the training is over a 12 week period mine is a follows but yours may vary

Weeks

1-2 Yarnfield Park Stone
3 local training facility
4 local Buddying
5-6 local training facility
7 local Buddying
8 local training facility
9-12 local Buddying with you going solo Wednesday of week 12
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Sat 06-May-17 08:09:02
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

I start 22nd May they contacted my employer on Thursday of this week so roughly 2 weeks before for me but I think like other things it most likely varies as others have said they can do it within a couple of days of you submitting them. They have had mine for around 2 or 3 weeks before they requested them.

Edited by ShavedApe (Sat 06-May-17 08:10:54)

Standard User SC999
(newbie) Sat 06-May-17 08:48:32
Print Post

All sorted. My laptop didn't allow me to fill in the addresses of my references etc. Managed to sort it on the iPad. All the best to those who are starting in the next couple of weeks. Any feedback you can post on here would be much appreciated. I've got around 10 weeks to wait until I start. Looking forward to it.
Pages in this thread: << 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | [24] | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to