General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | [241] | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MC31
(member) Thu 01-Mar-18 19:22:11
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

zero tolerance on passengers unless they work for BT you get sacked if caught with a passnger as they are not insured

They may tell you that but i am sure they are wrong ! surely a passnger is a 3rd party so is insured ?

They may well sack you for carrying a passnger to say it is down to insurance is wrong.

I was told the above by a police traffic sergeant.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User MC31
(member) Thu 01-Mar-18 19:26:24
Print Post

[re: MMCMME] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MMCMME:
Bit off topic but what happens when theres 10 inches of snow like today? Still expected to travel on time?

Are we provided with snow shovels etc?

Just curious smile

You are your own safety officer , if you say its not safe to drive end of ! Just dont take the mick .

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User MC31
(member) Thu 01-Mar-18 19:38:19
Print Post

[re: MC31] [link to this post]

PS Yes you can book out shovels and you are ment to carry rock salt and snow socks ( for tyres not feet ! ) on your van .Working outdoors all day in -4 plus wind chill is all part of the fun !

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lincsboy1979
(committed) Thu 01-Mar-18 19:42:45
Print Post

[re: MC31] [link to this post]

we were told when picking up vans that only BT employees are insured so ive never risked it,too many doogooders in this firm that would jump atbthe chance to grass u up if u were seen
(committed) Thu 01-Mar-18 19:47:04
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jbs89:
In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:
They arent bothered they want u out in it,for example today i set off at 6.15 and arrived home at 20.15 due to spending 7 hours driving in torrential snow,all they do is send u emails and texts to say stay safe,but my mate whos been on 40 years has only been told to stay home once and weve had some terrible winters in that time,stupidly they would rather u struggle like [censored] to get to a job and maybe get out and do a bit then say stay at home,u have to try and get going,if u point blank cant move then its a phone call to manager and he will sort sommats

We are completely snowed in here today. There must be a foot and a half of snow around all the cars etc. Would struggle to see how we could head to work in that.

Bizzarely i was snowed off today after saying that smile:):):)smile i couldnt move my van to get up to the main road so i stayed at home and did my nvq work as my coach left and i got behind until someone else took over.snow has stopped but will have to see in the morning as Mc31 said if you feel u cant move van its a phone call to manager
Standard User MC31
(member) Thu 01-Mar-18 20:11:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:
we were told when picking up vans that only BT employees are insured so ive never risked it,too many doogooders in this firm that would jump atbthe chance to grass u up if u were seen

too many doogooders in this firm that would jump atbthe chance to grass u up if u were seen

Sad to say thats too true , A mate of mine had a EX OM phone his OM up as he did not think his SWG was right ! how sad is that !

(committed) Fri 02-Mar-18 18:28:08
Print Post

[re: MMCMME] [link to this post]

u will be at yarnfield as everyone has to do the week 1 induction together,last year everyone did 2 weeks at yarnfield but i believe thats changed,the 2 weeks was ridiculous to be honest 80-100 newbies every week staying for a fortnight and some of the modules could av been done in 2/3 hours but they made it spread over a fortnight,i cant c the vans changing,everyone goes to magna park in leiecster as thats where the bt fleet is based,on the friday of week 1 on a coach and then drive away in vans.Can i just ask have you been sent ur uniform??
Standard User Jem8472
(member) Fri 02-Mar-18 19:05:33
Print Post

I have been told I will get my uniform when I get to Yarnfield.
(committed) Fri 02-Mar-18 19:26:07
Print Post

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

Its changed then,was sent by courier to everyone last year,theres brand new clothing been sent out over next couple of months as they have had to drop the BT off everything,wonder if u guys will get the brand new stuff,ur vans will be BT free as ive allready seen them about,they just have the plain purple openreach on,which will be good for you as ours have super fast broadband plastered on them and all u get is people saying,are u installing super fast fibre&#128553;&#128553;&#128553;&#128553;
Standard User Brad1982
(newbie) Fri 02-Mar-18 19:34:47
Print Post

Alright mate,

They’ve stopped sending the uniform by courier because it was taking more time for them to exchange bits people had been sent than just issuing it at Yarnfield. Also couriers weren’t leaving notes if people weren’t in so some kit wasn’t turning up.

Some of the new recruits are going to have ‘recycled vehicles’ this year. Quite a few of this years intake have already been give ‘14’ plate Citroen Belingos. I think most of them have now gone though so I assume it will be back to issuing new vans again.
Pages in this thread: << 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | [241] | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to