General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | [244] | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MattJ88
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-18 14:11:15
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

Yeah I've done all I can now - passed video interview. Latest I got was "considering my application against others" for an assessment day. That was 2 weeks ago but nothing since which I understand isn't unusual though smile

Guess it's a waiting game now ..

Cheers laugh

In reply to a post by Jbs89:
It's early on in the year/recruitment cycle, so if you've made a decent case for yourself I'm sure you'll get an invite! Best of luck!
Standard User Jbs89
(member) Mon 05-Mar-18 15:04:48
Print Post

[re: MattJ88] [link to this post]

Yeah, I had the wait from November until early January to hear about an assessment, but I imagine you might well hear within a month or so. They said they are recruiting and training the whole year round now, so plenty of opportunity to get to one!
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-18 20:36:23
Print Post

Same as you, new user.

Done my Sit Strength test on the Feb 25th and video interview Feb 27th. Got an email today saying I had passed and they are considering my application. Hoping that they are waiting for numbers then will get an invite.

I am in the Scottish Borders so pretty rural but not far from Edinburgh.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MaybeOpenreach
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-18 20:39:24
Print Post

Just reading through this and canít believe the wait some people have had, I applied mid January and start on the 19th.

Had the phone call today confirming travel arrangements, so I guess thereís not a lot for me to do now apart from pack and try to get through the next two weeks without being too disinterested at work...
Standard User DisneyFan
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-18 22:36:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by MattJ88:
Okay - new user here. I've read a lot of this thread which has been really useful so thanks to all who have contributed so far!

I have done my Sit Strenths assessment and completed Video interview Mon 19th Feb. Email on 21st Feb to say I've passed and they are considering my application against others for an assessment centre - nothing since

Not too worried but did anybody else pass the video interview at a similar time and heard anything since?

How long do people usually have to wait to find out anything else? Be nice to know either way now smile

Hi MattJ88

Think I'm in the same boat as you - done the situational strengths test and Video Interview in February and now waiting for a call to an assessment day.

Oh, I should have mentioned I passed those two items in February 2017 - YES over a year ago and umpteen "You're still on our radar" emails later I'm still hanging on. I've reached the end of the line with them now - start a part time job soon and have an interview for another part time job next week. Got bills to pay. Strap yourself in mate - it's a huge waiting game.
Standard User Deano22
(learned) Mon 05-Mar-18 22:46:33
Print Post

[re: DisneyFan] [link to this post]

Mate are you saying youve been waiting for an assesment day since last Feb???
Standard User DisneyFan
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-18 22:54:38
Print Post

[re: Deano22] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Deano22:
Mate are you saying youve been waiting for an assesment day since last Feb???

Yes. Feb 2017. So frustrating. Losing the will to live.
Standard User Jbs89
(member) Mon 05-Mar-18 23:45:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by DisneyFan:
Hi MattJ88

Think I'm in the same boat as you - done the situational strengths test and Video Interview in February and now waiting for a call to an assessment day.

Oh, I should have mentioned I passed those two items in February 2017 - YES over a year ago and umpteen "You're still on our radar" emails later I'm still hanging on. I've reached the end of the line with them now - start a part time job soon and have an interview for another part time job next week. Got bills to pay. Strap yourself in mate - it's a huge waiting game.

Yeah, I would just crack on with other stuff and if they invite you then it's a bonus as you can't hold off forever waiting. They should make a decision either way rather than keep people hanging on in my opinion. I'd be happier knowing regardless of the outcome.

I'd also probably fire in another application for this year's cycle, with an updated CV of what you've done since then etc., showing you're keen and staying on their radar.

Edited by Jbs89 (Mon 05-Mar-18 23:47:16)

Standard User MattJ88
(newbie) Tue 06-Mar-18 08:24:48
Print Post

Sure - I'm working at the moment so not too worried smile but I do agree that it would be nice to know something either way or at least be given an indication of timescales - i.e. you'll find out by end of March / April either way or whatevever

Edited by MattJ88 (Tue 06-Mar-18 11:31:54)

Standard User davek19
(learned) Tue 06-Mar-18 12:17:48
Print Post

Same, applied Feb 2017 and only this morning got an invite to an assessment centre in Birmingham in 2 weeks. Anyone have any info on where the assessment centre is located in Birmingham?
Pages in this thread: << 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | [244] | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to