General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | [245] | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DisneyFan
(newbie) Tue 06-Mar-18 13:49:40
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: davek19] [link to this post]

Yes. Needs looked at in terms of the timescales. I think that any recruitment process where it ends up that successful candidates still don't know if they have a job more than a year down the line is flawed. I'd rather they just told me. They are in control. They know how many assessments they can deliver in 2018. It's just maths - so many a day, five days a week etc.
Standard User Jbs89
(member) Tue 06-Mar-18 15:26:00
Print Post

[re: DisneyFan] [link to this post]

Yeah it is crazy really. Hang tight though because they must be keen to have you if they keep you on file. Surely they'd just bin people who weren't right as soon as.
Standard User MattJ88
(newbie) Tue 06-Mar-18 15:46:50
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

Yeah - I know people who failed after the video interview stage so there is hope yet!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jem8472
(member) Wed 07-Mar-18 17:39:00
Print Post

[re: DisneyFan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DisneyFan:
In reply to a post by MattJ88:
Okay - new user here. I've read a lot of this thread which has been really useful so thanks to all who have contributed so far!

I have done my Sit Strenths assessment and completed Video interview Mon 19th Feb. Email on 21st Feb to say I've passed and they are considering my application against others for an assessment centre - nothing since

Not too worried but did anybody else pass the video interview at a similar time and heard anything since?

How long do people usually have to wait to find out anything else? Be nice to know either way now smile

Hi MattJ88

Think I'm in the same boat as you - done the situational strengths test and Video Interview in February and now waiting for a call to an assessment day.

Oh, I should have mentioned I passed those two items in February 2017 - YES over a year ago and umpteen "You're still on our radar" emails later I'm still hanging on. I've reached the end of the line with them now - start a part time job soon and have an interview for another part time job next week. Got bills to pay. Strap yourself in mate - it's a huge waiting game.

Have you chased them up? It sounds like you might be a little lost in the system.
Standard User MMCMME
(learned) Wed 07-Mar-18 17:48:51
Print Post

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

Does anybody start at Yarnfield on May 28th by any chance?

Been given this start date but its a bank holiday Monday, guessing things will go ahead as normal?
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Wed 07-Mar-18 19:50:34
Print Post

[re: MMCMME] [link to this post]

Awesome to see this thread still going been nearly a year since I started so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I値l do my best to answer.
I believe the training is changing again this year based on feedback from guys like me you can thank me later &#128521;

Still loving the job not all promises made are kept so take everything they tell you with a pinch of salt but as I said still loving it so despite the broken promises still wouldn稚 go back.

Starting to feel like I have a clue what I知 doing now well some days I do at least.

I知 in SD so cant answer much around FVR or ID and BCD but if I can answer I will.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User GG89
(newbie) Wed 07-Mar-18 20:28:19
Print Post

I知 starting the 28th May as well. Doubt it makes a difference with the training, but you get paid time and a half when working bank holidays according to the contract.
Standard User MaybeOpenreach
(newbie) Wed 07-Mar-18 20:41:00
Print Post

[re: GG89] [link to this post]

I know I致e read it somewhere, but how long is it they like you to do before taking any annual leave?
Standard User Dougie665
(newbie) Wed 07-Mar-18 20:51:42
Print Post

Hi Guys,

Starting on the 28th May as well. Ready to start with BT email states start date as 28 May at 9am. Be nice to get time and a half on first day, but I don't know whether that will will happen. I'll be sending email closer to start date to confirm timings, hopefully won't have to wait til week before. I will see you there regardless.

DisneyFan - Keep fingers crossed mate. I passed tests Easter last year. Then got emai in Oct to say recruiting finished and was being put forward for this years process. Email in Nov for Assessment day (Email was in my junk mail!!} - passed. Next email was Job Offer in Feb. The wait is an absolute balls ache !! Keep sending emails to Recruiting to check on progress and clarify your situation. Best of luck.

ShavedApe - Nice to see 'Veterans' keeping in touch. Cheers and thanks for all the wisdom.Not forgeting LincsBoy as well. Hope I can do the same.
Standard User Jbs89
(member) Wed 07-Mar-18 21:26:03
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
Awesome to see this thread still going been nearly a year since I started so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I値l do my best to answer.
I believe the training is changing again this year based on feedback from guys like me you can thank me later &#128521;

Still loving the job not all promises made are kept so take everything they tell you with a pinch of salt but as I said still loving it so despite the broken promises still wouldn稚 go back.

Starting to feel like I have a clue what I知 doing now well some days I do at least.

I知 in SD so cant answer much around FVR or ID and BCD but if I can answer I will.

Yeah, good to see you guys back in the thread. The posts from back at the start of this thread were really helpful for the rest of us. Really appreciated the insight.
Pages in this thread: << 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | [245] | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to