General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | [248] | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lincsboy1979
(committed) Sun 11-Mar-18 18:52:39
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

yea thats why i just popped on for last few weeks,was a great help last year so nice to give a bit back,looks like some stuffs changed though,only 1 week at yarnfield now,uniform not courierd,different vans,we were the guinea pigs so looks like theyve listened to a few bits from what i can understand,what u bin on now??ive just passdd my 6 month accreditation with auditors do u have that on cst??
Standard User frazmataz666
(regular) Mon 12-Mar-18 09:44:42
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:
yea thats why i just popped on for last few weeks,was a great help last year so nice to give a bit back,looks like some stuffs changed though,only 1 week at yarnfield now,uniform not courierd,different vans,we were the guinea pigs so looks like theyve listened to a few bits from what i can understand,what u bin on now??ive just passdd my 6 month accreditation with auditors do u have that on cst??

Cheers for all the info mate, it certainly has helped thats for sure. I am down in Yarnfield on the 26th of March.

How are you finding the accreditation? are you given the opportunity for study days?
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Mon 12-Mar-18 11:08:43
Print Post

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

Im getting on for 10 months in now. No accreditation at 6 months for us but lots during the first 12 weeks.
Things like frames training where of course they say youll hardly ever need it. To which i say if hardly ever need it means probably at least once a week then sure.
Ive finished my nvq more or less just awaiting the nvq to sign it off really but of course he wont be doing that till my 12 months are up.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User frazmataz666
(regular) Mon 12-Mar-18 12:05:16
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
Im getting on for 10 months in now. No accreditation at 6 months for us but lots during the first 12 weeks.
Things like frames training where of course they say youll hardly ever need it. To which i say if hardly ever need it means probably at least once a week then sure.
Ive finished my nvq more or less just awaiting the nvq to sign it off really but of course he wont be doing that till my 12 months are up.

Sounds good, are you able to put in for extra courses during the first 12 months or is it a case of waiting?
Standard User GG89
(newbie) Mon 12-Mar-18 13:22:33
Print Post

[re: frazmataz666] [link to this post]

Just had an email saying my start date is being pushed back a day because of the May bank holiday. No time and a half for me then haha
Standard User robsheep2000
(newbie) Mon 12-Mar-18 13:44:11
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Yeah thanks to you guys for all the info, Had good and bad comments but I take things as I find them and to be honest that is the same wherever you work.. Truth is I'm looking forward to it. Got my start date and its a canny way off but just happy to get one. I applied before Christmas got my online tests and video interview over within a week was invited early Jan to the assessment then told there were no positions at the moment. Last week got a phone call with starting date of 8th August as training is full until then, still waiting for email for tasks but no rush ha ha. 7 months to get myself sorted, I work now so that's fine I have holidays etc to take so that will fit in nicely.
Standard User MMCMME
(learned) Mon 12-Mar-18 14:15:54
Print Post

[re: GG89] [link to this post]

What was the date they gave you then mate as Im supposed to start on May 28th?
Standard User robsheep2000
(newbie) Mon 12-Mar-18 14:39:55
Print Post

[re: MMCMME] [link to this post]

wait for it ...................................................................8 October

Now that's fine I have a job and I have hols etc to take. I will just be a lot happier when I receive the email of the job offer. All I have had up to yet is a nice chat with HR.
Standard User GG89
(newbie) Mon 12-Mar-18 14:48:24
Print Post

[re: MMCMME] [link to this post]

It was meant to be the 28th May but they’ve moved it to the 29th. I imagine you’ll probably get the same email.
Standard User MMCMME
(learned) Mon 12-Mar-18 14:56:49
Print Post

[re: GG89] [link to this post]

Great stuff cheers. Long as its not weeks. Handed my notice in now haha

Wonder if we will still be travelling on the Monday.
Pages in this thread: << 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | [248] | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to