General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | [25] | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Dippa
(learned) Sat 06-May-17 10:21:52
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Thanks @Firsttwodie & Shavedape smile

What did you guys put for your reference name ? HR will be dealing with my reference so unsure what name to put tbh :/

Edited by Dippa (Sat 06-May-17 10:22:57)

Standard User lincsboy1979
(learned) Sat 06-May-17 11:51:39
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Dippa:
Anyone know how soon they contact your employer once you've given them your references ?

Im starting on the 15th and finish with my current employer on the 9th and they havent been contacted yet,it states on the contract that it is only legally binding subject to satisfactory references or something along those lines which means you could start before they recieve your references but then they could retract your contract in extreme circumstances if they wanted to,but dont worry about the refernces just get all the other bits sent off on your portal,they will chase anything else they need
(learned) Sat 06-May-17 11:54:11
Print Post

[re: SC999] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by SC999:
Just had email today for me to complete my tasks.
Everything seemed to fill in ok until I got to the references part where it wouldn't submit? Has anyone else had any problems with this part?

Also I had my picture taken on the assessment day but it's asking me to supply a passport size photo. Just wondering what the other guys have done before I get another mug shot taken!

Photo there was just for the assesment centre security so they know who you are,you will be asked to send a photo by email for your smart card which you need to enter buildings and put in your laptop,i just got the missus to take one on my phone from shoulders up and sent that.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(learned) Sat 06-May-17 11:56:02
Print Post

[re: JoshSutts] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JoshSutts:
Thanks mate, really helpful tips there.

I've had a nosey of this forum and found some really useful stuff!

Fingers crossed everything goes all well, and I hope they let me have a September start as I'm being made redundant and cant leave until then!

Best thing being if all goes well is a van!

yea top of the range transit custom with bluetooth heated seats auto lights the lot and all kitted out with gear in the back aswell
(learned) Sat 06-May-17 12:00:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by Dippa:
Thanks @Firsttwodie & Shavedape smile

What did you guys put for your reference name ? HR will be dealing with my reference so unsure what name to put tbh :/

Your allways best to put the person you deal with the most so supervisor or manger and have their name on it,a works email address is best so they can do it direct.might take a bit more time if HR deal with it as they will pass it on,also they may just do it off your sickness,attendance and that so its allways best to put on someone who knows you personally at work
Standard User Dippa
(learned) Sat 06-May-17 13:18:03
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Sound for the reply mate. My company will push it towards HR regardless and by law they can't put anything negative smile

I believe most references are just stating we've worked from start to finish dates, pointless if you ask me lol

I'll put my line managers name though, if that doesn't work I'm sure they'll resolve it there end lol

I start 31st July, was told last month so a long summer for me!

When did you have your assessment ?
(learned) Sat 06-May-17 13:34:56
Print Post

19th april in leeds and start yarnfield on 15th may.its all done on geographical needs for trainees and if they have the buddies in place so i know a lad who did his assesment in november last year but doesnt start yarnfield until monday
Standard User BboyDarren
(newbie) Sat 06-May-17 15:18:47
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Wow, that's amazing, good luck.

I'm from Leeds originally, but in Somerset now.

I did my assessment in October 2016 and my start date is 5 June - longest wait of my life! Was unemployed for a bit, now in retail, can't wait to start.

Hoping to hear more about my training / travel soon.
Standard User David_W
(knowledge is power) Sat 06-May-17 15:37:25
Print Post

[re: JoshSutts] [link to this post]

Judging by what has been said so far in this thread, the only things you can use the van for are driving from home to your first task of the day, driving between tasks, driving home after the last task of the day and incidental personal use during the work day (such as stopping at a convenience store during a break). The vans have trackers and any other use will likely be questioned.

If your excitement is that you don't need another vehicle to get to work, great. Beyond that, you need to use a personal vehicle.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2 with native IPv6
thinkbroadband speed test : speedtest.net : thinkbroadband quality monitor IPv4 IPv6
(learned) Sat 06-May-17 16:49:07
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by David_W:
Judging by what has been said so far in this thread, the only things you can use the van for are driving from home to your first task of the day, driving between tasks, driving home after the last task of the day and incidental personal use during the work day (such as stopping at a convenience store during a break). The vans have trackers and any other use will likely be questioned.

If your excitement is that you don't need another vehicle to get to work, great. Beyond that, you need to use a personal vehicle.

Talking to other lads i know who have a van,they are very strict on usage not for work,it will be the same as any other company,they probably let it go over the years but a minority would have spoilt it by going on hoiliday in it and trips away.All mileage can be looked at on the tracker but ive heard its all on your manager and how strict he is,Dont sell your car!!!we are going down to 1 so ive still got missus car if needed but will get rid of mine as its a work runaround so on way out anyway.
Pages in this thread: << 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | [25] | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to