General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | [250] | 251 | 252 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Tue 13-Mar-18 11:58:44
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: 1534walla] [link to this post]

Not in Birmingham but I have just had an invite this morning for Edinburgh... Only been a week since I passed the Video Interview.

Good luck with your assessment!
Standard User MattJ88
(newbie) Tue 13-Mar-18 14:15:53
Print Post

[re: Beefster78] [link to this post]

Well done and good luck! Still waiting here in Co Durham. Will be 3 weeks tomorrow I got the email to say I'd passed video interview

In reply to a post by Beefster78:
Not in Birmingham but I have just had an invite this morning for Edinburgh... Only been a week since I passed the Video Interview.

Good luck with your assessment!
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Tue 13-Mar-18 15:08:45
Print Post

[re: MattJ88] [link to this post]

Thanks mate... I feel lucky thatís itís been quick so far. I just think it depends where they need the man power.

In regards to the skills test, is it just crimping cables or is there more?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Tue 13-Mar-18 17:50:05
Print Post

Skills test at the assessment is wiring a plug. Make sure you put on the safety glasses provided and read the instruction leaflet.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User MaybeOpenreach
(newbie) Tue 13-Mar-18 18:06:45
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
Skills test at the assessment is wiring a plug. Make sure you put on the safety glasses provided and read the instruction leaflet.

Itís not anymore, itís joining cable, and wiring up a BT wall socket, you get a full demo.
Standard User Beefster78
(newbie) Tue 13-Mar-18 18:43:26
Print Post

[re: MaybeOpenreach] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MaybeOpenreach:

Itís not anymore, itís joining cable, and wiring up a BT wall socket, you get a full demo.

Thanks. How many tools are involved? With joining the cable, is it using gel filled connectors?

Edited by Beefster78 (Tue 13-Mar-18 18:46:16)

Standard User MaybeOpenreach
(newbie) Tue 13-Mar-18 21:37:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by Beefster78:
In reply to a post by MaybeOpenreach:

Thanks. How many tools are involved? With joining the cable, is it using gel filled connectors?

I canít remember how many tools tbh, everything is provided that you need, yes itís gel filled connectors.
Standard User Jbs89
(member) Tue 13-Mar-18 22:01:44
Print Post

[re: MaybeOpenreach] [link to this post]

It's honestly easier than wiring a plug. Really straight forward.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(committed) Wed 14-Mar-18 07:11:31
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

I think again that sort of depends on your manager. The promise was "9 months in youll be starting your UG training" reality however is 10 months in and no mention of it at all even if you ask.
Im told my soon to be regional manager is a bit more on the ball though and if you want it hell get it for you.
Makes sense really no point me doing loads of work on a fit then NCF it because its dis 30 metres from the pole with no spares. When the ug joint is right there at 30 metres lol.

we dont want you in the UG anyway,stay out smile:):):):)smile no its ridiculous really,the cst lads are going on 2 week ug course then get £3700 ug money when they dont learn [censored] all in that time,we work in ug everyday and no all there is to know about the UG but dont get it.we have to do the internal wiring course or something extra to get our multi skilled pay but a weeks course and a weeks buddying doesnt make you multi skilled:):):).Also we have been trained in SI so have been trained in the fibre 8 cab installs,that should be multi skilled but some bod decided it wasnt but in our eyes its another skill seperate from our day to day job,its all [censored] the money set up
Standard User Jbs89
(member) Wed 14-Mar-18 08:09:58
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Does the pay bump actually happen? Keep hearing conflicting ideas.
Pages in this thread: << 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | [250] | 251 | 252 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to