General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | [26] | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Bjt1992
(learned) Sat 06-May-17 19:52:48
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Yeah I must admit I'm also looking forward to the prospect of a nice new van but to second what's already been said I had a lad from OR at my house on Thursday due to a fault since last year and he was giving me a bit of info about the job and said "It's a great job so long as you keep your head down". He specifically mentioned misuse of the van and that a lad was almost sacked for using it for the school run once however due to his record being clean and him being a really good engineer he was just served a warning. I'm sure you can stop at a shop to get something on your break providing it isn't too far off your route.

I too am ditching 1 of our 2 cars as I only really rely on a car at the minute to get to and from work so looking forward to the cost savings in the long run once the salary increases

Also the lad mentioned that he doesn't get a list of jobs at the start of the day as he was getting stressed about if he would get them all done and he literally gets a job sent through as soon as he completes each job. Don't know if that's specific to his needs and if he has forfeited the bonus or something to do that but sounds like they are quite accommodating !
Standard User mckeo5514
(member) Sat 06-May-17 22:04:21
Print Post

[re: Bjt1992] [link to this post]

only 20 hrs to go till im on the train now cant wait
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Sat 06-May-17 22:41:19
Print Post

[re: mckeo5514] [link to this post]

15 hours for me!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mckeo5514
(member) Sat 06-May-17 22:47:25
Print Post

[re: Hoss28] [link to this post]

wish i could take my car as i only live 35 mins away. will take longer from the hotel every morning in the minibus. sadly i cant leave it there when i get the van.
Standard User Beanydc
(newbie) Sat 06-May-17 23:15:58
Print Post

Same as getting nervous now hahaha
Standard User mckeo5514
(member) Sat 06-May-17 23:46:48
Print Post

[re: Beanydc] [link to this post]

im not going to sleep lol
Standard User Johnsmic
(regular) Sun 07-May-17 00:16:27
Print Post

For some reason I've been bricking it all day. Turned to excitement now though lol. Due to arrive in Stafford around 7pm.
Standard User mckeo5514
(member) Sun 07-May-17 00:37:20
Print Post

[re: Johnsmic] [link to this post]

think im on your train
Standard User JamesC1999
(newbie) Sun 07-May-17 08:34:46
Print Post

[re: Johnsmic] [link to this post]

Hi, I posted in Part 7 of this thread asking for help for my assessment day, well its been a week and a bit now since the day, and due to the bank holiday weekend last week I didnt hear anything till tuesday, phone rang at 13:00 telling me I had got the job and training starts on the 3rd July.
I just wanted to ask a few things regarding training if anyone knows anything about it or has been on the course..
Sorry, lots of questions here lol.

Do BT pay for a train ticket down there? and what happens at the weekends? can you go off and come back for the sunday night ready for monday? and with regards to the van, if you drive down what happens with the van because you'd have to drive the car back and would you go back for the van? Finally, the rooms.. I heard the rooms at Yarnfield are like going back to the early 80's? and do you share rooms as I again heard you do..

Thanks!

Edited by JamesC1999 (Sun 07-May-17 08:36:02)

Standard User Bjt1992
(learned) Sun 07-May-17 09:14:02
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

First off Congrats on getting the job !! Painful wait by the sounds of it but I applied in January 2016 and don't start till the 3rd July. Damn holiday booked next month or I'd have been going down today.

Where about you from ? I'm traveling down from Newcastle.

As for the travel I believe BT will call 2 weeks before to arrange train travel, or a hire car if reqd. They will pay for it and sent the tickets out in the post. From what I have read you won't be driving down yourself as your issued with the van on the first Friday morning.
Not too sure about the rooms I have heard they had been renovating them but from what others are saying we could be put up in a hotel anyways.
Pages in this thread: << 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | [26] | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to