General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | [28] | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Beanydc
(newbie) Sun 07-May-17 14:54:27
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

No mate pick van up on the friday and head home. Back to yarnfield on sunday night then.

Im on the train heading to my first week of training right now
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Sun 07-May-17 14:55:35
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

No you travel home at weekends and in the evenings if your at a local training facility
Standard User Johnsmic
(regular) Sun 07-May-17 16:30:25
Print Post

[re: mckeo5514] [link to this post]

Finally all packed up and ready to go. This 2.5hrs till my train is going to drag bad lol.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mckeo5514
(member) Sun 07-May-17 18:10:58
Print Post

[re: Johnsmic] [link to this post]

ive ditched my free ticket and upgraded to first class for the trip.
Standard User martthefart1111
(newbie) Mon 08-May-17 14:02:57
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

hi just got an email invite to assessment on the 23 may in Cardiff any one else going? what's the failure rate any one know?

Edited by martthefart1111 (Mon 08-May-17 14:05:47)

Standard User lincsboy1979
(learned) Mon 08-May-17 19:05:34
Print Post

[re: martthefart1111] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by martthefart1111:
hi just got an email invite to assessment on the 23 may in Cardiff any one else going? what's the failure rate any one know?

Dont even think of the failure rate mate theres 1500 jobs this year and only 15 of you at a time,i went in april and it was the firast one of the year so unless you go july/august time for assesment theres plenty of jobs to go around,they tell you there that theres a job for all 15 of you if you do everything that is asked and as long as you dont totally balls up the interviews you will be fine,theres no pass/fail on the other bits.
(learned) Mon 08-May-17 19:10:42
Print Post

[re: Johnsmic] [link to this post]

how was the first day mate?r u staying at yarnfield or hotel?im starting next monday and cant wait seems to have took forever,i believe first week is all getting kit and paperwork isnt it?
Standard User martthefart1111
(newbie) Mon 08-May-17 19:24:03
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

brilliant any inside tips you can pass on lol
(learned) Mon 08-May-17 19:32:10
Print Post

[re: martthefart1111] [link to this post]

just be yourself mate,theyre not trying to trip u up in interviews just want to get to know you and how you would cope with certain situations.Make sure you put your safety glasses on in the plug test they will be watching you and dont spend ages trying to get your plug like the example,u wont b able to and will waste time,its all about following instructions on the card rather than getting the perfect plug.dont panic on the maths and english tests you just keep going until it says finish so u dont know how many questions there are just that theres a time limit of 40 minutes some of my group finished really early but i was last and nearly went up to the 40 minutes everyone is staggered.Thats about it,
(learned) Mon 08-May-17 19:42:10
Print Post

[re: GDLuke] [link to this post]

i dont think they like to split the training if you have 1 or 2 weeks holidays booked as they have to plan it all into a concentrated 12 week period.They tell you not to get ahead of yourself so no need to mention holidays on the assesment,we didnt get asked at all as they say dont mention any notice or hols until u get the nod. i have heard that lads who were on holiday have been given a later start date but remember they wont go massively out of the way,i was asked if i had anythign booked for 12 weeks from my start date and if not to keep it free i think the odd day is ok but if u get through u might wanna think about asking for 2 lots of time off in ur 12 weeks,its a hard situation but i personally didnt book anything as soon as i got through to video interview just in case,its not as easy if u booked last year,but personally i wouldnt sweat it as its just another thing to worry about when u go for assesment,keep ur mind clear and if u get through u will b asked.
Pages in this thread: << 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | [28] | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to