General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | [30] | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Tue 09-May-17 09:55:36
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Tvwize86] [link to this post]

Just got a phone call for my travel details smile Heading down to Yarnfield(Stone) May 21st 17:34 from Bolton arriving at 19:07, picked up and taken to Yarnfield park from there.

I'll be doing 2 weeks at Yarnfield he never confirmed where I will train after that but they did originally say Bolton and since I live near Bolton that makes sense but he said that would be detailed to me more when I'm there.

He also confirmed we get our vehicle at the end of the first week and he said Monday is smart casual (jeans and t-shirt is ok).

No food available on the Sunday evening except soup in the bar area until 9.

Does look like I will at least be staying in Yarnfield park instead of a local Hotel like I know some have been doing recently.

Oh he also said letters confirming all this will be sent out by Friday once hes spoken to everyone he needs to.
Definitely starting to feel like its happening now guys laugh

Edited by ShavedApe (Tue 09-May-17 10:33:35)

Standard User jordanglb
(newbie) Tue 09-May-17 13:39:12
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Good stuff shaved ape. I'll see you there buddy. Also 22nd start and Bolton.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(learned) Tue 09-May-17 17:04:54
Print Post

Just got my final instructions emailed today,6 weeks at yarnfield which i wasnt hoping for to be honest but hey ho and 6 weeks local.Finished work today,5 days chilling and doing bits round the house then its down to yarnfield on sunday and it all starts a new chapter.cant wait now.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(learned) Tue 09-May-17 17:07:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
Just got a phone call for my travel details smile Heading down to Yarnfield(Stone) May 21st 17:34 from Bolton arriving at 19:07, picked up and taken to Yarnfield park from there.

I'll be doing 2 weeks at Yarnfield he never confirmed where I will train after that but they did originally say Bolton and since I live near Bolton that makes sense but he said that would be detailed to me more when I'm there.

He also confirmed we get our vehicle at the end of the first week and he said Monday is smart casual (jeans and t-shirt is ok).

No food available on the Sunday evening except soup in the bar area until 9.

Does look like I will at least be staying in Yarnfield park instead of a local Hotel like I know some have been doing recently.

Oh he also said letters confirming all this will be sent out by Friday once hes spoken to everyone he needs to.
Definitely starting to feel like its happening now guys laugh

You will have been given a training matrix by now with first 12 weeks layed out for you,if not you will get it soon and then a few days before you go so prob next week you will get an email saying what training centre you are at after the first 2 weeks,wherever the matrix states training in yellow thats where you will be going so im at yarnfield for weeks 1,2,3,5,6,and 8,and local for other weeks.

Edited by lincsboy1979 (Tue 09-May-17 17:09:32)

(learned) Tue 09-May-17 17:25:12
Print Post

[re: Kirky89] [link to this post]

Hi mate did you get an email today regarding your training centre,its all a bit confusing as mine says training at yarnfield but im not sure if that means th whole 12 weeks,i emailed the guy i got message from but he wasnt very helpful and just said our system says you are doing your training in yarnfield and when i said does that mean the weeks where it says buddyin he just said i will explain in conference call on thursday.i was told i would only be doing 2 weeks in yarnfield then rest of training more local so not very happy about that as yarnfield is miles away and theres centres closer to me,its strange how its sorted out.
(learned) Tue 09-May-17 17:28:51
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

anyone else whos starting on the 15th receive their training centre email of where they will carry out rest of training???
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Tue 09-May-17 18:03:34
Print Post

Thanks for the info I hope Im not going to be in Yarnfield for all of it that will not go down well at home
(regular) Tue 09-May-17 18:12:23
Print Post

well i wasnt expected it to be honest and its 100 mile from my house but theres one 40 mile away so i dont know how they work it out,theres 1 in scotland,middlesborough,peterborough,bradford,bolton,croydon,southampton and ilford so you will be in one of those if not back to yarnfield.Looks like im there for 6 weeks of the 12 but have this conference call with 8 others on thursday with the bloke who sorts it so will find out then.Still happy though as its a new career with decent benefits but just wasnt expecting that.
Standard User Kirky89
(regular) Tue 09-May-17 18:43:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:
Hi mate did you get an email today regarding your training centre,its all a bit confusing as mine says training at yarnfield but im not sure if that means th whole 12 weeks,i emailed the guy i got message from but he wasnt very helpful and just said our system says you are doing your training in yarnfield and when i said does that mean the weeks where it says buddyin he just said i will explain in conference call on thursday.i was told i would only be doing 2 weeks in yarnfield then rest of training more local so not very happy about that as yarnfield is miles away and theres centres closer to me,its strange how its sorted out.

Hi mate yes I got a few emails today, my training from week 3 will be in Southampton (nursling) did you get the week 3 email because I'm guessing that's basically where you'll be for the rest of your training after the 2 week induction. If you didn't get it PM me your name and I can have a look through the email.
(regular) Tue 09-May-17 19:03:29
Print Post

[re: Kirky89] [link to this post]

yea looks like all my training is in yarnfield as thats what it said,i didnt realise the buddy bit was away aswell i thought you did that at your local exchange where you will be based but it seems not.How far are you away from southampton
Pages in this thread: << 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | [30] | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to