General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | [35] | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lincsboy1979
(regular) Thu 11-May-17 21:49:33
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Baivox] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Baivox:
Fingers crossed!!
I felt like I did okay with the English and Maths tests. Not to sure with my second interview though! Just the anxious wait is going to be a killer!!

doesnt matter about the maths anfd english mate,you cant fail them so dont worry about that,there to see what academic level your at to see if you might need a bit of tuition during your training,thats what we were told as we were the guinnea pigs of that style of testing and firsat ones to do it.
Standard User Rickimcc78
(regular) Thu 11-May-17 21:56:04
Print Post

[re: Ett18] [link to this post]

Congratulations mate, well done! Glad your joining the team
(regular) Thu 11-May-17 22:01:46
Print Post

[re: Rickimcc78] [link to this post]

YOU OFF FOR YOUR NEW WHEELS TOMORROW MATE??WHAT DID YOU HAVE TO DO FOR THE ASSESMENT?HAD MY CONFERENCE CALL TODAY,ALL SORTED NOW READY FOR SUNDAT AFTERNOON.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Rickimcc78
(regular) Fri 12-May-17 05:43:38
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Yeah mate, van colllection this morning! Up early excited haha.

Assessment varies depending on what instructor you get for what I can gather.....I just drove for an hour then swapped with another guy who drove for an hour all while being assessed but I've heard other guys only driving 20 minutes then swapping then the instructor would drive and highlight anything that they may have been doing wrong.
Standard User MohammadAli
(newbie) Fri 12-May-17 09:39:49
Print Post

[re: Rickimcc78] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Rickimcc78:
Yeah mate, van colllection this morning! Up early excited haha.

Assessment varies depending on what instructor you get for what I can gather.....I just drove for an hour then swapped with another guy who drove for an hour all while being assessed but I've heard other guys only driving 20 minutes then swapping then the instructor would drive and highlight anything that they may have been doing wrong.

Put some photos up if you can Mate off Van.See what there like.
Thanks.
Ali
Standard User Romandy
(newbie) Fri 12-May-17 10:14:57
Print Post

[re: MohammadAli] [link to this post]

Anyone else starting 11th September? Just got my confirmation yesterday that I'll be based in Harlow, nearly an hour from my house!
Standard User P7L
(newbie) Fri 12-May-17 11:02:01
Print Post

[re: Romandy] [link to this post]

How long did it take from receiving the call saying you got the job to receiving more information....contract, forms to send off etc?

Cheers smile
(regular) Fri 12-May-17 11:11:17
Print Post

[re: P7L] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by P7L:
How long did it take from receiving the call saying you got the job to receiving more information....contract, forms to send off etc?

Cheers smile

THINK EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT BUT I WENT FOR ASSESMENT ON THE 19TH FOUND OUT THE 21ST THEN CONTRACT ON 24TH BUT THERE WAS A WEEKEND INBETWEEN,THEN ITS A STEADY FLOW OF THINGS TO FILL OUT IN VARIOUS EMAILS LIKE DISCLOSURE SCOTLAND AND THAT.THEN 2 WEEKS BEFORE YOU ARE DUIE TO START TRAINING YOU WILL GET A CALL FROM EDINBOROUGH WHERE THEY SORT OUT YOUR TRAVEL DOWN THEN WEEK BEFORE YOU GET AN EMIAL WITH WHERE YOUR TRIAINING WILL BE BASED AFTER YARNFILED AND INVITED TO GO INTO A CONFERENCE CALL WITH YOUR RECRUITER AND OTHER PEOPLE IN YOUR GROUP FOR ANY FINAL QUESTIONS
Standard User Ett18
(newbie) Fri 12-May-17 12:00:19
Print Post

[re: P7L] [link to this post]

I found out I got the job the same day I completed the assessment then the next day (today) have found out my start date will be 5th June starting in Yarnfield for the first week then possibly Peterborough. Only have 3 weeks to wait so hopefully it will go reasonably quick!! Can't wait!
(regular) Fri 12-May-17 13:41:22
Print Post

[re: Ett18] [link to this post]

EVRYBODY 2 WEEKS IN YARNFIELD THEN 4 MORE WEEKS IN OTHER TRAINNG CENTRES,NIOT ALLWAYS NEAREST ONE TO YOU THOUGH
Pages in this thread: << 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | [35] | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to