General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | [39] | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Sun 14-May-17 20:47:27
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Kirky89] [link to this post]

I'll be there next week I can't wait
Standard User Rhamilton32
(newbie) Mon 15-May-17 08:11:02
Print Post

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

I've just completed the references section and then called the new hire team, they're happy to hold off applying for your references if you've got a good reason. They were going to ask for my ne today and I don't start until August it could have caused issues with my boss.
Standard User MohammadAli
(newbie) Mon 15-May-17 09:07:36
Print Post

[re: Rhamilton32] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Rhamilton32:
I've just completed the references section and then called the new hire team, they're happy to hold off applying for your references if you've got a good reason. They were going to ask for my ne today and I don't start until August it could have caused issues with my boss.

Hi Mate
Have you got the Number for the New Hire Team as I need to speak to them also.

Thanks
Ali

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Robmitch123
(learned) Mon 15-May-17 10:46:59
Print Post

[re: MohammadAli] [link to this post]

Does anyone know if it's possible to find out the reg no of the van before the last day of the first week
I need to sort a home residents permit an it will take a couple days to arrive
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Mon 15-May-17 11:12:55
Print Post

[re: Robmitch123] [link to this post]

If you have your hiring managers details I guess you could try them. Failing that maybe try the new hire team. It may be that the van isn't even allocated into Friday but if you explain the situation maybe they can help.
Standard User Robmitch123
(learned) Mon 15-May-17 11:22:03
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Hopefully all sorted now jus waiting to here back
Standard User MikeyGrant89
(newbie) Mon 15-May-17 12:03:23
Print Post

[re: Robmitch123] [link to this post]

I've just got an assessment centre date. The 23rd (afternoon) in Glasgow. Has anyone else got this date/location?

Any interview tips would also be welcome.

Cheers
Standard User GDLuke
(newbie) Mon 15-May-17 12:22:57
Print Post

[re: MikeyGrant89] [link to this post]

Has anyone had the assessment at the Cambridge racecourse? I'm just looking for some tips of where to park when I arrive and how to get to the building if possible. If not I'll figure it out
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Mon 15-May-17 15:53:56
Print Post

There are so many tips in previous posts there is also a dedicated thread to the assessments although to be fair not many people seem to bother with that.

Best advice be yourself and give it 110% having a knowledge of what Openreach do wont hurt but I wasn't asked anything about OR. Have a good understanding of health and safety especially with a view to things like your current job because they are likely to use it an example or at least ask what you do in your current job health and safety wise. If you can show an aptitude to using health and safety properly then it seems to go a long way.
They aren't trying to trip you up though and in general the whole thing is very relaxed.

They like to delve deeper into your answers too so be honest and prepared.

Edited by ShavedApe (Mon 15-May-17 16:34:35)

Standard User colinm89
(newbie) Mon 15-May-17 16:45:05
Print Post

Good luck mate I done mine at Glasgow.

If you're driving then there isn't much parking to be honest, I parked across the bridge at Clyde place, costs £3.50 for all day which isn't bad.

Everyone on the day will make you feel at ease so try not to worry about it too much. On the interviews they asked me about customers and health and safety etc. They are not there to trip you up, so it's nothing to worry about.

Try not to panic on the plug, a lot of people flap and that's when things start going wrong. Make sure you practice before it and there's no rush.

Any other questions just give me a message
Pages in this thread: << 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | [39] | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to