General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | [40] | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MikeyGrant89
(newbie) Mon 15-May-17 16:58:36
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: colinm89] [link to this post]

Cheers lads. I've had a look through and everyone seems to say the same thing about just relaxing and being yourself so I'll deffo go with that. Just need to practice interview questions and answers. I'm not too worried about the plug, that's should be OK. What was the level of maths and English? I take it the maths was more complex than adding and subtracting but not as far as trigonometry etc? Is the English based on grammar and spelling?

I am taking the car so I'll prob just park there as well then. As you say, £3.50 ain't bad.

Cheers
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Mon 15-May-17 17:38:09
Print Post

[re: MikeyGrant89] [link to this post]

English and maths wasn't that technical to be honest some questions allow the use of a calculator some don't.

The system apparently tests your level before you start so not everyone is the same and they do get gradually more difficult. It is not a pass or fail though so don't worry too much.
Its been some time since I did the questions but yes its pretty much adding subtracting percentages and a little fractions from what I remember there may of been some decimal stuff to but as I say its been a while.

They use forskills website for the tests but honestly so long as you have a good basic knowledge you'll be fine.

Practicing for the interview may come off as coaching and you don't want that, trust me when I say the questions they ask are not that scary and you'll be able to answer them no problem so long as you are honest.

The very best of luck to you and have fun (easier said than done I know)
(newbie) Mon 15-May-17 18:05:48
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Cheers mate. Very helpful info. I'll brush up on maths and English over the next week and I should.be fine.

I've read a couple of posts about the questions being quite in-depth. Are they just based on experience and qualifications?

Cheers, much appreciated.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User martthefart1111
(newbie) Mon 15-May-17 18:30:38
Print Post

[re: Ett18] [link to this post]

ANY ONE GOING TO CARDIFF ASSESSMENT NEXT WEEK????????????
Standard User Bons
(newbie) Mon 15-May-17 18:38:51
Print Post

The interviewsame are fairly relaxed but like ShavedApe stated they do like to delve into your answers so be honest and remember they don't have to be work related I ended up speaking for half an hour about my rugby coaching qualifications it's also worth doing a little research on OR I was asked a few questions like what do we do and who is the CEO ect
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Mon 15-May-17 18:40:20
Print Post

No more based on you than experience and qualifications, I was asked about a time I achieved something I'm really proud of for example. I replied with the fact that I passed the test to be a driving instructor and he then asked me to explain why.

If remember correctly one interview is 5 questions and 1 is just 2.

Basically whatever your answers they will probably want to know more. Both my interviews they where interested in my driving instructor history. Customer service is definitely important to them as is health and safety but I think they try and look for you currently doing it somehow. Felt to me at least like they want to give you the job.
(newbie) Mon 15-May-17 19:03:39
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Alright, think I've got a good idea of what to expect. I'm off to brush up on.my maths and English. Wish me luck!

Cheers
Standard User Baivox
(newbie) Mon 15-May-17 19:18:17
Print Post

Best of luck mate, sure you'll smash it!

Has anyone else been given a start date of 4th September? Seems like ages away so hopefully it doesn't drag that much! Just want to get started now!

Edited by Baivox (Mon 15-May-17 19:32:36)

Standard User Nrfk24
(newbie) Mon 15-May-17 20:17:30
Print Post

[re: GDLuke] [link to this post]

I'm there this Wednesday also, I believe there is parking on site.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(regular) Mon 15-May-17 21:14:05
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

SO SAID I WAS GOING TO POST A DAY BY DAY ASCCOUNT ON HERE OF TRAINING IN YARNFIELD.SO TODAY WAS DAY 1 WHICH HAS BEEN SPENT ALL DAY IN THE CLASSROOM GETTING TALKS ON BT AND THEN GETTING ALL YOUR KIT WHICH IS CLOTHES AND LAPTOP AND IPHONE THEN TRYING IT ON,TAKING BACK ANYTHING THAT DOESNT FIT THEN SPENDING AFTERNOON SETTING UP PHONES AND LAPTOPS WITH ALL THE SECURITY AND PASSWORDS.TO BE FAIR WAS AN OK DAY UNTIL AROUND 17.30.NOW I DONT MIND POSTING THIS AS HOPEFULLY IT WILL HELP SOMEONE ELSE NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE.I WAS CALLED INTO OFFICE AS THEY THOUGHT I MAY BE OVER THE WEIGHT LIMIT DUE TO BEING A BIG 6FT 4ER,SOME OTHERS WERE ALSO HANDPICKED ON THE LARGER SIDE.I WAS QUITE A BIT TO MY SUPRISE OVER THE 18 STONE 11 AND DUE TO THE FACT THIS IS THE HARNESS LIMIT I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO LEAVE AND HAVE TO GO HOME TOMORROW!!!!!ABSOLUTELT GUTTED AS WORKED HARD TO GET HERE.ITS NOT ALL GLOOM AND DOOM AS MY JOB IS STILL OPEN BUT I HAVE TO DROP TO THE CORRECT WEIGHT BEFORE I CAN COME BACK.IF YOU ARE ANYWHERE UP NEAR THE 18 AND A HALF STONE MARK,DONT RISK IT CRASH A BIT OFF BEFORE YOU COME OR YOU WILL END UP LIKE ME AN EMBARRASSED,REALLY [censored] OFFMAN.ITS IN THE CONTRACT YOU SIGN THAT YOU ARE UNDER AND WILL MAINTAIN THAT WEIGHT SO IM BANG TO RIGHTS BUT THOUGHT I WOULD BE GIVEN TIME TO DROP IT WHILST TRAINING BUT THERE SAYING THEY CANT RISK ME NOT AND BELIEVE ME WITH 3 BUFFET ALL YOU CAN EATS A DAY,I SHOULD THINK THERE WILL BE A FEW SWEATING IT HERE NOW.IM NOT BITTER NOW AND WILL GO HOME AND SMASH THE WEIGHT OFF,ITS JUST I HAVE TO NOW FIND SOME TEMPORARY WORK ASWELL!!!
Pages in this thread: << 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | [40] | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to