General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | [41] | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ducky88
(newbie) Mon 15-May-17 21:31:15
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

I am totally gutted for you, I have been reading your posts and it has helped me greatly with what to expect along the way. Hope you can loose that bit of weight and might see you when I start training on the 12th of June.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(regular) Mon 15-May-17 21:55:19
Print Post

[re: Ducky88] [link to this post]

CHEERS MATE,PROB MY OWN FAULT TBH,NEW I WAS HOVERING ROUND IT BUT JUT THOUGHT IT WOULD BE OK AS 10 YEARS OF WEARING HARNESSES WHILST SCAFFOLDING AND NEVER HEARD OF A WEIGHT LIMIT ONLY GUIDES BUT AS THE HARNESS IS PARTICULAR FOR THIS JOB ITS LIMIT IS A MUST.GONNA LOOK FOR START JULY NOW AS TO MAKE SURE I DO IT PROPERLY,WASNT GOING TO POST BUT KNOW THERES BEEN A FEW OTHERS STEWING ABOUT WHETHER THEY GET WEIGHED SO IF IT HELPS SOMEONE ELSE THEN GREAT
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Mon 15-May-17 22:09:16
Print Post

Gutted for you man good luck getting the weight off so you can continue. Your info has been invaluable to many.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(regular) Mon 15-May-17 22:20:23
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

CHEERS MATE GUTTED AND IT DOESNT SEEM FAIR BUT RULES ARE RULES I GOT SELECTED FOR A DIFFERENT ROLE ASWELL THAN WHAT I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO BE DOING AND THERE WERE ONLY 10 OF US OUT THE 60 DOING IT SO WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.
LIKE I WAS TOLD BY THE TOP MANAGER,THEY INVEST AROUND £25000 IN YOU IN FIRST WEEK ALONE SO YOUR AN ASSETT AND YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN OUT OF 14.000 APPLICANTS THIS YEAR AS OF FRIDAYS COUNT, SO THEY DONT WANT TO JUST CAST ME OFF WHICH IS GOOD BUT THEIR HANDS ARE TIED WHICH AFTER I WENT AWAY AND CALMED DOWN I COULD UNDERSTAND.LIKE I SAY APART FROM HAVING TO FIND A BIT OF TEMPORARY WORK IM NOT BITTER,WILL LOSE THE WEIGHT AND COME BACK IN 6-8 WEEKS AND WILL CONTINUE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS AS THIS FORUM HAS BEEN GREAT
Standard User Bjt1992
(learned) Mon 15-May-17 22:22:37
Print Post

Absolutely gutted for you mate !! I know it's been a worry for many on here so thanks for sharing this ! It has just prompted me to go and weigh myself and fortunately I'm just under 15st but could have quite easily have been just under or over the 18st mark and your heads up would have allowed me 4 weeks to smash the gym and drop some weight !

Really hope you manage to get a quick turnaround and are back in training asap !
(regular) Mon 15-May-17 22:32:02
Print Post

ON A FOOTNOTE BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY YOU WILL NEED A VERY LARGE HOLDHALL OR SUITCASE FOR YOUR GEAR,ITS NOT AN OVER EXAGERRATION.
KIT GIVEN TODAY

5 T-SHIRTS
2 JUMPERS
2 TROUSERS
1 SHORTS
1 BOMBER STYLE JACKET
1 BIG HI VIZ JACKET
1 BEANY HAT
2 PAIRS OF BOOTS DIFFERENT STYLES
1 HARD HAT
GLOVES AND DUST MASKS
1 PAIR OF OVERALLS
1 PAIR OF HI VIZ WATERPROOFS

A TOP OF THE RANGE LENNOVO THINKPAD LAPTOP AN IPHONE 5S WITH ALL THE TRIMMINGS FOR VAN,CHARGER,MOUNT,ETC AND A SMART RUCKSACK TO KEEP IT ALL IN

THATS ON TOP OF CLOTHES FOR THE WEEK BUT YOU ARE EXPECTED TO WEAR YOUR GEAR ON FIRST DAY AFTERNOON SO ITS JUST UNDERWEAR AND CLOTHES YOU WANT TO WEAR AT NIGHT,YOU CAN STAY IN YOUR GEAR WHEN HAVING TEA AND THAT AND ALSO IN BAR BUT SOME LIKE TO CHANGE.
Standard User Bons
(newbie) Tue 16-May-17 10:00:25
Print Post

Absolutely Gutted for you buddy, I take it they given you the opportunity to drop the weight? Do they give you a time frame to do it in as just wondering as I start in a few weeks and think I may just be over the limit but due to medication I'm on losing weight takes longer than most. Think I need to weigh myself.
Standard User martthefart1111
(newbie) Tue 16-May-17 13:28:06
Print Post

gutted for you you must be determined thank you for all the support and help on this forum you are one in a million
Standard User martthefart1111
(newbie) Tue 16-May-17 13:29:13
Print Post

[re: martthefart1111] [link to this post]

guess iam the only one lol
Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Tue 16-May-17 13:29:30
Print Post

Awh Man that is [censored]! We have some large blokes in our group no mention of weight or anything! Good luck for the next time like you said you have been picked so you should still have a job all the best anyway!
Pages in this thread: << 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | [41] | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to