General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | [42] | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Robmitch123
(learned) Tue 16-May-17 15:09:13
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

I'm not small an had to diet to get down to make weight I'm about 18,6 but hope to drop a bit before next wk anyone that has started an stayed at yarnfield know is there fridges in the rooms jus wanna know for milk to have a tea
Standard User JamesC1999
(newbie) Tue 16-May-17 17:46:26
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Hi, ive been following this thread since mid april 2017 on the build up to my assessment, got some really useful tips.. just wanted to say that a few months ago i was 17stone something but over the past month and half i have replaced my dinner, snack and evening meal with a drink called ovaltine.. you should try it.. not taking the mick or anything as i was once in your situation, honestly try it, i was 17stone in april and now im down to 14stone 5 or something.. but been my age 17 and weighing 17 stone wasnt where i wanted to be.. also i start on 3rd of July.. anyone else??
Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Tue 16-May-17 20:42:38
Print Post

[re: Robmitch123] [link to this post]

No fridges in the rooms mate, just the little pots of milk you get in hotel rooms.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lincsboy1979
(regular) Tue 16-May-17 22:16:44
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

OK THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR MESSSAGES OF SUPPORT,BIN A COUPLE OF WRENCHING DAYS AND NOW IM SO [censored] OFF WITH BT I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THE JOB NOW.SO AS THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE READ WILL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY,AS IF THINGS COULDNT GET WORSE,I HAD TO HAND ALL MY STUFF BACK IN THIS MORNING AT 8.30 AND WAS TOLD MY HIRE CARE WOULD BE HERE AT 10 TO GO HOME IN.I GOT MY STUFF FROM MY ROOM,CHECKED OUT AND SAT AND HAD A COFFEE IN THE RECPTION.10 CAME SO I WENT AND WAITED OUTSIDE,12 CAME AND AFTER STANDING THERE LIKE A [censored] WITH THE SAME PEOPLE WALKING PAST AND LAUGHING AT ME I CONTACTED DES WHO IS THE COORDINATOR ON SITE AND TOLD HIM,HE SAID ENTERPRISE WERE SUPPOSED TO SEND ME THE CAR BUT HADNT AND IT WOULD BE THERE IN THE NEXT HOUR.1PM CAME STILL NO CAR AND ALL MY GROUP HAD WALKED PAST ME BY THIS TIME SO I WAS PRETTY EMBARRASSED AND [censored] OFF WITH HAVING TO TELL THEM WHAT HAD HAPPENED AND WHAT HAD HAPPENED THIS MORNING.SO 2PM COMES AND NOW 4 HOURS STANDING AND WAITING WITH NO COMMUNICATION FROM BT OR ANYONE COMING OUT TO SEE ME I DECIDED TO [censored] THE HIRE CAR OFF,AND GOT A TAXI AND TRAIN HOME AT MY OWN EXPENSE,AND THEN RECEIVED A HALF HEARTED APOLOGY ON AN EMAIL SAYING THE CAR SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE.NOT FEELING THE LOVE AT THE MINUTE FROM BT AND SERIUOSLY QUESTIONING WHETHER I WANT TO PUT MYSELF THROUGH A REALLY STRICT REGIME FOR 6 WEEKS TO BE TREATED LIKE THIS.PLEASE DONT COME TO YARNFIELD THINKING ITS ALL GOOD AS A FEW PEOPLE HAVE FOUND OUT WITH THE WEIGHT ISSUE AND ESPECIALLY HOLIDAYS,ITS QUITE A WAKE UP CALL!!!!!
(regular) Tue 16-May-17 22:17:41
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

CANT BELIEVE THEY STILL SELL OVALTINE ITS BIN AROUND FOR YEARS,BUT IT CANT BE HEALTHY ONLY EATING IN THE MORNING CAN IT??
(regular) Tue 16-May-17 22:25:47
Print Post

[re: Robmitch123] [link to this post]

DROP AS MUCH AS YOU CAN MATE,HE MAY NOT PICK U OUT BUT CAME IN ON DAY 1 AND PICKED AROUND 5 PEOPLE OUT HE THOUGHT MAY BE OVER AS THIS IS THE FIRST TIME HE WILL SEE YOU IN THE FLESH,HE WIL WEIGH YOU IN UR FULL CLOTHES WITH SHOES ON WHICH THEY DO ALLOW FOR AS THE WEIGHT LIMIT IS YOUR PANTS WEIGHT SO TO SPEAK BUT HAMMER IT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN AND JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT GET WEIGHED KEEP IT GOING BECAUSE YOUR POLE TRAINING ISNT UNTIL WEEK 4 OR 7 WHICH DEPENDS ON YOUR ROLE BUT ON THE FRIDAY OF THE SECOND WEEK YOU WILL DO A DAY ON THE POLE AND IF HE THINKS YOUR OVER HE WONT LET YOU UP AND YOU WILL BE SENT HOME.ALSO THERES LOADS OF FOOD 3 TIMES A DAY AND ITS VERY TEMPTING TO OVERLOAD,THERE IS HEALTHIER OPTIONS THER THOUGH BUT HE RECKONS YOU HAVE SIGNED TO SAY YOU ARE UNDER THAT WEIGHT AND WILL MAINTAIN IT DURING YOUR CAREER,SO KNOW THERE SAYING YOU COULD BE REPREMANDED FOR PUTTING WEIGHT ON DURING YOUR CAREER!!!!!!!A LOT TO THINK ABOUT BELIEVE ME BUT HONESTLY LIKE I WOULD SAY TO ANYONE IF YOUR HOVERING AROUND THE 18 STONE MARK TRY AND HAMMER A BIT MORE OFF BEFORE YOU GOT O YARNFIELD
(regular) Tue 16-May-17 22:30:28
Print Post

LIKE I SAY I DONT HAVE TO POST THIS AND WISH THIS EXISTED MONTHS AGO AS I THOUGHT I WOULD BE OK AND IF WEIGHED WOULD BE ASKED TO LOSE IT BEFORE THE POLE TRAINING.I TOOK A RISK AND PAID THE PRICE SO AS MY JOBS STILL THERE AND SAFE FOR THE TIME BEING IVE GOT NOTHING TO LOSE BY LETTING OTHERS KNOW AND IF IT HELPS SOMEONE ELSE THEN GREAT
(regular) Tue 16-May-17 22:34:55
Print Post

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

YES MATE JOB STILL THERE WITH ALL MY KIT,IVE BEEN SELECTED FOR THE VFR ROLE WHERE THERES NOT MANY OF SO THEY HAVE SPENT TIME AND INVVESTED MONEY IN PICKING ME FOR THAT ROLE OUT OF 14.000,SO ITS GREAT THEY HAVENT JUST SAID BYE,BUT JUST [censored] ME OFF TODAY.AND THERE MIGHT BE SOME LADS IN YOUR GROUP THAT MAY HAVE GOT AWAY WITH IT BUT IF DES HAS ANY SUSPICIONS THAT PEOPLE MAY BE OVER THEY COULD BE WEIGHED BEFORE POLE TRAINING AND FURTHER DOWN THE LINE WOULD BE WORSE AS YOU MIGHT NOT GET CHANCE TO DROP INTO ANOTHER GROUP.
Standard User Dslammer
(learned) Wed 17-May-17 08:17:02
Print Post

Has anyone who has started at Yarnfield had any issues with planned holidays being honoured?
Standard User Ducky88
(newbie) Wed 17-May-17 08:59:22
Print Post

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

I know when I got the call to say that I had been offered the job the asked if I had any holidays before being given a date. I don't think they like to give you holidays in the first 3 months as it messes up training schedules so they will offer a start date after your holiday.
Pages in this thread: << 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | [42] | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to