General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | [43] | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lincsboy1979
(regular) Wed 17-May-17 09:05:40
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

OH YEA,SOME PEOPLE WAY HACKED OFF AS THERE QUITE BRUTAL IN TELLING YOU NO.BASICALLY ANYTHING IN YOUR FIRST 12 WEEKS FROM STARTING IS A BIG FAT NO UNLESS YOU HAVE CONFIRMATION YOU CAN TAKE IN AND THAT IT WAS BOOKED BEFORE YOU SIGNED YOUR CONTRACT,IF ITS AFTER THERE SAYING YOU CANT GO,THERE WERE A LOT OF PEOPLE PUTTING UP THERE HAND AND SAYING BUT IVE GOT THIS AND THAT AND WERE BASICALLY TOLD YOU WONT BE GOING.IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE BOOKED FORM WEEK 12 TO WEEK 24 YOU ALSO HAVE TO TAKE WRITTEN CONFIRMATION IN SO THEY CAN PUT IT ON THE SYSTEM SO WHEN YOU GO LIVE YOUR ALLREADY BOOKED IN,SO BASICALLY YOU CAN DO ANYTHING FOR FIRST 6 MONTHS UNLESS ITS PRE BOOKED!!!IF YOUR THINKING OF GOING AWAY AFTER YOUR FIRST 12 WEEKS BUT HAVENT ALLREADY BOOKED THEYRE SAYING YOU STILL COULD GET IT OFF BUT ONLY IF NEW MANAGER SAYS SO,ALSO NO ONE CAN BOOK ANY TIME OFF IN DECEMBER APPARANTLEY SO WITH 20 ODD DAYS HOLS TO GET IN LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE WILL BE HAVING WINTER OFF!!!LIKE I SAY IM NOT BITTER JUST TELLING EVERYONE IT MAY BE NOT BE THE HOLY GRAIL YOU WAS THINKING AND THERES A LOT OF RULES.PEOPLE WERE MAKING SOME AWKWARD PHONE CALLS TO THE MISSUS AFTER DAY 1!!
Standard User martthefart1111
(newbie) Wed 17-May-17 09:12:00
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

not so promising as it looks I may give this a miss and look else where why was there some awkward phone calls to say cant go on holidays? How strict are bt?
Standard User JamesC1999
(newbie) Wed 17-May-17 09:23:32
Print Post

Honestly I dont mind it, fills me up for ages, still knocking about on supermarket shelfs
.. also i think im in the same role i got FVR which i think is fault volume reduction? What were you told fvr was?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pythonz
(learned) Wed 17-May-17 09:40:02
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JamesC1999:
Honestly I dont mind it, fills me up for ages, still knocking about on supermarket shelfs
.. also i think im in the same role i got FVR which i think is fault volume reduction? What were you told fvr was?

When do you get told about your role ? There's me thinking you only get to know your roles when you get to Yarnfield.

I guess Job title is the same for everyone Trainee Openreach Engineer but roles are different. What is the role code for FVR ? I just looked at one of my email from BT and it states role code: TMNE2 what ever that means. Anyone shed any light on this? I did initally apply for Openreach Network engineers role.
Standard User BothLegsDis
(regular) Wed 17-May-17 09:58:57
Print Post

[re: Ducky88] [link to this post]

I had a holiday booked for beginning of July. Got the call with start date of mid June but when I mentioned the holiday was then told I would have to start September. I said no, I'll change the holiday which cost me £160 so I could keep the June start date.
(regular) Wed 17-May-17 10:18:55
Print Post

[re: BothLegsDis] [link to this post]

YEP VERY STRICT YOU DID THE RIGHT THING,IF YOU TELL THEM YOU HAVE THEM BOOKED WHEN YOU GET THE CALL THEY WILL POSTPONE YOUR START DATE,IF YOU WAIT TILL YOU GET TO YARNFIELD THEY WILL JUST TELL YOU NO
(regular) Wed 17-May-17 10:29:49
Print Post

[re: pythonz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pythonz:
In reply to a post by JamesC1999:

When do you get told about your role ? There's me thinking you only get to know your roles when you get to Yarnfield.

I guess Job title is the same for everyone Trainee Openreach Engineer but roles are different. What is the role code for FVR ? I just looked at one of my email from BT and it states role code: TMNE2 what ever that means. Anyone shed any light on this? I did initally apply for Openreach Network engineers role.

YOU DONT GET TOLD UNTIL YOU GET TO YARNFIELD YOUR ROLE,EVERYONE IS UNDER SERVICE DELIVERY TRAINEE OPENREACH ENGINEER,UNTIL YOU GET TO YARNFIELD THEN SOMETIMES YOUR ROLE AND EVEN YOUR TRAINNG CENTRE CAN CHANGE.
SO THERE IS THE MOST POPULAR ONE WHICH IS CANELO OR SOME INITIALS LIKE THAT WHICH IS UP THE POLES AND INTO CUSTOMERS HOUSES,AND THATS 12 WEEKS TRAINING.THEN THERE IS THE FVR(FAULT VOLUME REDUCTION)WHERE YOU ARE IN THE STREET CABS AND ALSO INSTALLING NEW ONES AND THE NEW TECHNOLOGY,OTHER BT ENGINEERS SAY THIS IS A GOOD ONE TO GET INTO AND ALSO YOU DO YOUR UNDERGROUND TRAINING QUICKER WHICH PUTS YOU ONTO A HIGHER PAY GRADE AFTER 12 MONTHS,THIS ONE IS 11 WEEKS TRAINING,THERE WAS ONLY 10 OF US OUT OF THE 64 THAT WERE DOING THIS.THERE IS ALSO A SPLICING ROLE WHICH IS DIFFERENT ALLTOGETHER AND IS 17 WEEKS TRAINING,THESE LADS KNEW THEY WERE ALLREADY DOING THIS AND THEY DONT GET A VAN AS THEY WILL BE OUT IN THE CHERRY PICKER VANS IN TEAMS.
IFYOU WERE INFORMED THAT YOU WERE GOING INTO FVR YOU WERE LUCKY AS NONE OF US 10 KNEW AND WERE ALL A BIT SUPRISED AS ITS A DIFFERENT TRAINING MATRIX TO THE ONE WE RECEIVED.AS I SAY IVE MISSED OUT AS NOT GOING BACK FOR 6-8 WEEKS BUT IM GETTING REGULAR TEXTS FROM MY MATE WHOS THERE GIVING ME THE HEADS UP ON ANYTHING.
(regular) Wed 17-May-17 10:31:39
Print Post

[re: martthefart1111] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by martthefart1111:
not so promising as it looks I may give this a miss and look else where why was there some awkward phone calls to say cant go on holidays? How strict are bt?

JUST TELLING IT HOW IT IS MATE THEY WONT HONOUR ANY HOLIDAYS IN YOUR FIRST 12 WEEKS UNLESS YOU HAVE WRITTEN CONFIRMATION THAT IT WAS BOOKED BEFORE YOU HAD YOUR PHONE CALL TO SAY YOU GOT THE JOB
(regular) Wed 17-May-17 10:36:46
Print Post

[re: pythonz] [link to this post]

THAT CODE IS YOUR CONTRACT CODE THERES NOTHING TO LINK YOU TO A ROLE UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD BUT NONE OF US 10 WHERE.IT DOESNT MAKE A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE BUT THE TRAINING/BUDDYING SCHEDULE IS DIFFERENT AND YOU GO LIVE QUICKER.ONE LAD FROM LONDON THOUGHT HE WAS DOING CANELO AND WAS DOING IT DOWN THE ROAD FROM HIM IN CROYDON BUT THEN FOUND OUT HE WAS DOING A DIFFERENT ROLE AND AFTER YARNFIELD WAS GOING TO BOLTON!!!!
(regular) Wed 17-May-17 10:40:20
Print Post

LOADS TO TAKE IN BUT JUST GIVING YOU THE HEADS UP ON WHAT TO EXPECT FIRST DAY AS I NEVER HAD THIS.ALSO YOU ARE ALL CLASSED AS APPRENTICES WHICH THEY DONT TELL YOU,IT DOESNT REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO YOUR MONEY OR NOTHING BUT ITS BECAUSE YOU ARE ACTUALLY STUDYING FOR A NVQ QUALIFICATION WHILST CARRYING OUT YOUR TRAINING AND THEN BT CAN CLAIM MONEY BACK FOR EACH COMPLETED APPRENTICE.ITS VERY GOOD REALLY AS YOUR GETTING A PROPER QUALIFICATION THROUGH AN APPRENTICESHIP WITHOUT BEING ON £3 AN HOUR!!!
Pages in this thread: << 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | [43] | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to