General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | [46] | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lincsboy1979
(regular) Wed 17-May-17 16:34:23
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: martthefart1111] [link to this post]

YES THEY ARE OLD BUT ONLY JUST UPGRADED FROM THE 4,CAN YOU IMAGINE THE COST IF THEY GAVE ALL 25,000 ENGINEERS A NEW 6 OR 7,THEY HAVE TO PULL THE REIGNS IN SOMEWHERE,U DO GET A £700 LAPTOP AND A £20.000 VAN SO ITS NOT ALL BAD.
Standard User harryvw
(newbie) Wed 17-May-17 16:44:31
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Sorry to the hear the bad news fella, I hope you manage to drop the weight so you can continue your training. It's great that you're giving info to us new starters, it's appreciated!

Got an email last week with my list of tasks to complete ready for my 7th August start date
Standard User JamesC1999
(newbie) Wed 17-May-17 16:46:57
Print Post

[re: harryvw] [link to this post]

Anyone else starting on the 3rd July??

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ryan6
(newbie) Wed 17-May-17 17:21:59
Print Post

Been reading your posts and must say thanks for all the info, sorry to hear about your situation but glad it will all be sorted for you in a few weeks.
I've applied for Merseyside area and have received three emails now saying we're considering you for vacancies in your area but as yet can't book you into an assessment centre,we'll be back in touch in 2 weeks. Seems quite automated which leads to think no ones even watched my video interview yet!
Haven't noticed anyone else from my area talking about assessment centre on here so maybe they just haven't got to my area yet?
Also can anyone shed any light on potential earnings after the 12 months, can't seem to find any info about it or what hours youd be working. Just says between 7-9 mon-sun would it be a week of early starts followed by lates?
(regular) Wed 17-May-17 17:28:09
Print Post

[re: Ryan6] [link to this post]

THERE DID SEEM TO BE A LOT OF SCOUSE/MANC ACCENTS FLOATING ABOUT SO MAYBE THEY ARE STALLING FOR NOW.IT DOES TAKE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AFTER YOUR VIDEO TO GET AN ASSESMENT DATE BUT IT ALL DEPENDS HOW MANY THEY HAVE GIVEN START DATES TO.I HAVENT HEARD OF ANYOINE WHOS HAD THOSE EMAILS YOU HAVE HAD SO MAYBE THERE JUST KEEPING YOU INTERESTED,HOLD ON IN THERE WHILST YOUR WORKING SOMEWHERE ELSE AND THEN JUST HAVE DAY OFF IF NEEDED.TOOK ME 10 MONTHS UNTIL I GOT AN ASSESMENT DAY FROM FIRST APPLYING AND SOME IN MY GROUP OVER A YEAR.ITS £20.000 TO START OFF WITH AND RISES TO £23500 AFTER 12 MONTHS AND THEN ITS UP TO YOU AS THE MORE SKILLS YOU LEARN THE MORE YOU WILL EARN.,THERS A 10% BONUS PAID MONTHLY INTO YOUR WAGES,THEY WERE SKETCHY AS HOW THIS IS OBTAINED BUT 2 LADS I KNOW HAVE HAD IT EVERY MONTH FOR 2 YEARS WITHOUT FAIL.
(regular) Wed 17-May-17 17:33:24
Print Post

ALSO THE HOURS ARE 8.00 - 16.10 MONDAY TO FRIDAY,THEY PUT THOSE HOURS IN APPLICATION SO IF YOU ARE EVER ASKED TO WORK THEM YOU CANT SAY I DIDNT KNOW YOU WORKED THOSE HOURS.SOME EXCHANGES WORK 4 91/2 HOUR SHIFTS INSTEAD SO DASY OFF EACH WEEK BUT NO ONE WILL SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THAT UNTIL YOU GET TO YOUR LOCAL EXCHANGE.THERES ALSO NO OVERTIME WHILST TRAINING AND YOU GET PAID THE LAST WORKING DAY OF EACH MONTH.IF YOU START IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MONTH LIKE I DID YOU WILL STILL BE PAID WHATEVER YOU DO THAT MONTH,THEY SORT OF PRE-PAY YOU BASED ON KNOWING YOU WILL DO ALL THOSE DAYS IN THAT MONTH AND I THINK IF YOU HAVE TIME OFF THEY WILL JUST TAKE IT OFF YOU IF ITS ALLREADY GONE TO WAGES.I BELIEVE WHEN TRAINED YOUR OVERTIME HAS A CUT OFF LIKE MOST PLACES
Standard User Ryan6
(newbie) Wed 17-May-17 19:02:10
Print Post

We hope you’re well!

We wanted to get in touch to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about you. We're still considering your application for vacancies in your area and we are in the process of selecting candidates for our assessment centres.

As previously advised we can’t invite all candidates to an assessment centre but we will inform you either way if you have been successful in making it to the next stage. If your situation has changed and you're no longer interested in an apprenticeship at BT, please let us know so we can update your details.

Thank you for being so patient as we go through this process. We’ll be back in touch in two weeks’ time but if you want to get in touch before then please email openreachrecruitment@bt.com

THATS THE EMAIL I KEEP GETTING
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Wed 17-May-17 19:18:19
Print Post

Yeah ive seen a few get that in the past no idea if anyone has ever progressed passed that i hope they do for your sake the very best of luck. It does seem to take some length of time for some. Probably about a year for me since I started the process and then all of a sudden everything changed and I start this coming monday.
(regular) Wed 17-May-17 19:22:57
Print Post

I GOT THAT SAME EMAIL AFTER MY VIDEO INTERVIEW MATE JUST HAD A LOOK IN MY BT FOLDER,DID VIDEO ON 13TH OF THE MONTH GOT THAT EMAIL ON 23RD THEN GOT INVITE TO ASSESMENT ON 7TH OF NEXT MONTH SO IT CAN TAKE TIME
Standard User Rhamilton32
(newbie) Wed 17-May-17 20:55:38
Print Post

[re: harryvw] [link to this post]

Same start date as me mate, I've just done the tasks, August seems like a long time away yet though!
Pages in this thread: << 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | [46] | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to