General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | [48] | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Thu 18-May-17 10:17:11
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Ok spoke to John Kennedy he set up my travel and hes going to try and chase things for me but also left a message with my hiring manager. So it will hopefully get sorted.

I got this yesterday but I know I have read it already previously or at least something very similar.

Dear colleague,

Iím delighted to welcome you to Openreach.

Youíve joined us at an exciting time where weíve committed to deliver better service for our customers, invest strongly in fibre and find smart ways to provide superfast broadband. Itís all part of our Big Bold Plan to provide better service, broader coverage and faster speeds. The commitments Iíve made to our customers and industry define how weíre investing in our future and this can only be achieved by our skilled teams Ė and by that I mean you. Youíll be playing a critical role in keeping the country connected and maintaining Britainís position as a world-leading digital nation.

I joined back in 1981 as an apprentice and some would say Iím a prime example of how the business is willing to invest in developing skills and careers by providing tools, communities and programmes to help us connect, learn and grow. As you get to know us better, youíll find there are lots of ways to help you develop. Please take advantage of the wealth of support available to you.

Before you start, take a look at our new joiner site to get a bit more familiar with our business. Here are the details:

Iím really pleased youíve joined us. You were selected for your energy, passion and commitment and to act as the face of Openreach and ambassadors of our brand and service.

Weíve made some ambitious commitments and Iím really excited about our future together Ė I hope you are too.

CEO Openreach
Kind regards
Clive Selley, CEO Openreach
Standard User Lmcclelland
(newbie) Thu 18-May-17 10:18:55
Print Post

[re: Ryan6] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ryan6:
Been reading your posts and must say thanks for all the info, sorry to hear about your situation but glad it will all be sorted for you in a few weeks.
I've applied for Merseyside area and have received three emails now saying we're considering you for vacancies in your area but as yet can't book you into an assessment centre,we'll be back in touch in 2 weeks. Seems quite automated which leads to think no ones even watched my video interview yet!
Haven't noticed anyone else from my area talking about assessment centre on here so maybe they just haven't got to my area yet?
Also can anyone shed any light on potential earnings after the 12 months, can't seem to find any info about it or what hours youd be working. Just says between 7-9 mon-sun would it be a week of early starts followed by lates?

Ive applied from the northwest and so far had a similar experience,
Applied on 20th march
Had an email saying ive passed the video interview on 4th
Recieved the same recruitment update email since then

Ive read this thread from the begining and i dont think they have arranged any assessment days nearby so im hoping thats why we havent heard anything yet.

Edited by Lmcclelland (Thu 18-May-17 10:21:57)

Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Thu 18-May-17 10:27:07
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Just had a reply from John saying that someone is still in the process of sending emails out but as the person that should of been doing the conference calls is off this week its taking a little longer than it should so I should be on a conference call tomorrow.

So its all good it seems I had a feeling it might be that as I know some of the previous starters had their conference call on a Friday also but definitely glad I checked.

Edited by ShavedApe (Thu 18-May-17 10:28:16)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Robmitch123
(learned) Thu 18-May-17 10:30:07
Print Post

I'm with you shaved ape I've not had a email about a confrance call I had the same email you had yesterday all my travel and what not was sorted last week
Standard User Tvwize86
(newbie) Thu 18-May-17 10:56:16
Print Post

[re: Nrfk24] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Nrfk24:
Just an update for you all, I attended Assessment yesterday in Newmarket, very relaxed day and nothing to worry about.

Received an email roughly 10 minutes ago letting me know that I had in fact passed!

Congratulations mate, thats a well fast turn around after an assesment. I'm hoping I hear back before the weekend. The wait is killing me and I could still have another 4 working days to wait.
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Thu 18-May-17 12:32:14
Print Post

[re: Robmitch123] [link to this post]

Just got the pre induction email detailing the conference call time which for me is 11 am.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(regular) Thu 18-May-17 13:14:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
Just got the pre induction email detailing the conference call time which for me is 11 am.

Glad your sorted but believe me its not that important a few on my group forgot,he opens up the floor for questions and everyone tries to butt in at once and you will probably be know more knowledgeable from reading this.he wont answer any role questions just questions about hols and travelling down really.
Standard User harryvw
(newbie) Thu 18-May-17 15:22:04
Print Post

[re: Rhamilton32] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Rhamilton32:
Same start date as me mate, I've just done the tasks, August seems like a long time away yet though!

I know what you mean! So far I think we're the only two people on here who have the same start date....

Where are you travelling from out of interest?

Edited by harryvw (Thu 18-May-17 15:22:41)

Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Thu 18-May-17 15:46:12
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Just had a second email pretty much telling us he's busy so to email any questions.
In red he put IMPORTANT please bring proof of qualifications for English, maths and ICT. Being that I'm now 44 I can barely remember being at school never mind what I got in my exams I know for sure I don't have any proof.
I left school and started work I didnt much care how I had done I was earning far more than any 16 year I knew and didnt collect my results didnt think they would matter being the know it all 16 year that I was lol.

I was going to email him but then considered it might be best just to ask on the conference call.
Are you or is anyone aware of people that didn't have proof?

Edited by ShavedApe (Thu 18-May-17 16:47:57)

Standard User GDLuke
(newbie) Thu 18-May-17 16:16:48
Print Post

I was offered the job yesterday and I start in October, I'm very happy. Just a word of advice to anyone attending the assessment centre in Cambridge, make sure you go to the jockey club at the racecourse itself and not the random buildings down the road. The postcode they give you doesn't really help
Pages in this thread: << 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | [48] | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to