General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | [50] | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Bons
(newbie) Fri 19-May-17 09:42:49
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

So just had my call from John to arrange train tickets been told there now trialling a new system where they post all your work wear to you before you go up so there's no need to take two bag any more and as it's all class room based for the first week you won't need to take that much back up with you
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Fri 19-May-17 09:58:31
Print Post

In reply to a post by Dippa:
Just had an email saying;

You are ready to start work for us!

We have completed all of our initial employment checks and we are delighted to confirm your start date with us.

Here are the details:

Manager details
Hiring managerís name: Tamara Hastie-Thorpe
Job request number : ****
Job title: Trainee Openreach Engineer
Role code: TMNE2
Line of business : B
Work location:

What's role code TMNE2 ?

Eveyone has that same code its just a general code for all the new apprentices,its somrthing to do with the contract code as theres different ones,it doesnt decipher your role in any way as far as i know i am going to be doing FVR but my code is the same as the CANELO lads,you wont know your role until day 1.
(member) Fri 19-May-17 10:03:56
Print Post

[re: Bons] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bons:
So just had my call from John to arrange train tickets been told there now trialling a new system where they post all your work wear to you before you go up so there's no need to take two bag any more and as it's all class room based for the first week you won't need to take that much back up with you

OMG that would be so much better as you get loads as i have previously listed,you would only need to collect laptop and phone then from yarnfield.All the kit is in a big stores there so even if stuff didnt fit you could just bring that down and exchange with the storeman rather than having everything with you,will cost bt a fortune though in transit!!you could prob get a couple of days out of a top aswell as you dont do any practical in first week,also you can go for tea in your stuff but you finish at 16.10 and canteen doesnt open until 18.00 so need to go back to your room anyway so most lads brought clothes to change into for night.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Dippa
(learned) Fri 19-May-17 10:09:53
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Thanks lincsboy.

What's this about bringing our gcse certificates in ? I sat my maths and english test at my assessment, does this mean I won't need to do it again further down the line ?
(member) Fri 19-May-17 10:16:20
Print Post

Thanks lincsboy.

What's this about bringing our gcse certificates in ? I sat my maths and english test at my assessment, does this mean I won't need to do it again further down the line ?

The assesor that picks you up from staion had never heard of this and he does assesments all over the country,we were told if you have them then great if not dont worry its just easier for them to find your level.i did the laptop tests at assesment and that finds your level my mate did his assesment last year and was told he would sit laptop test at some point during training,its a bit sketchy as to whether you have to do the tests again if you have no certificates,but even if you do,which we all think you dont seems as we allready did them,as you know they are only level tests with no pass/fail,some people really blowing them out of proportion on here like you have to sit GCSE's again.....theyre only to get an understanding of your academic level as you are an apprentice doing an NVQ qualification so part of the course is maths,english,ict.
Standard User Ducky88
(newbie) Fri 19-May-17 10:49:45
Print Post

[re: Nrfk24] [link to this post]

Same date as me mate, finish my current job 3 weeks today. The waiting and not hearing anything is killing me especially as I don't know what sort of reference my boss is going to give. Will be much more relaxed when I get the travel arrangements and know everything is finalised.
Standard User Dippa
(learned) Fri 19-May-17 10:56:20
Print Post

[re: Ducky88] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ducky88:
Same date as me mate, finish my current job 3 weeks today. The waiting and not hearing anything is killing me especially as I don't know what sort of reference my boss is going to give. Will be much more relaxed when I get the travel arrangements and know everything is finalised.

Ah thanks mate! Yeah I'm not too fussed about sitting exams tbh, I found the ones at the assessment easy. I'm guessing I won't need to redo them because I did them at my assessment but if I do, then so be it lol
Standard User pythonz
(learned) Fri 19-May-17 11:56:19
Print Post

Ah thanks mate! Yeah I'm not too fussed about sitting exams tbh, I found the ones at the assessment easy. I'm guessing I won't need to redo them because I did them at my assessment but if I do, then so be it lol

Mate, I think it's become crystal clear now, why we had to do the Maths and English Test. It was to find out what level we are at with each subject hence why we were all told no pass or fail. This was all to do with the NVQ qualification that needs to be completed within the year.

Those who scored high enough ie got level 2 in their tests, they don't need to do the Maths and English again otherwise inorder to meet NVQ criteria you need to be atleast minimum of level 2. Well this is my understanding from the information that has been presented here, I maybe wrong lol smile
(member) Fri 19-May-17 13:25:08
Print Post

[re: pythonz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pythonz:

Mate, I think it's become crystal clear now, why we had to do the Maths and English Test. It was to find out what level we are at with each subject hence why we were all told no pass or fail. This was all to do with the NVQ qualification that needs to be completed within the year.

Those who scored high enough ie got level 2 in their tests, they don't need to do the Maths and English again otherwise inorder to meet NVQ criteria you need to be atleast minimum of level 2. Well this is my understanding from the information that has been presented here, I maybe wrong lol smile
[/quote

Thats what we understand phythonz,i saw my scores and know i had levels 2 and 3 so should be ok,its al to do with meeting the apprenticeship nvq levels,as they dont tell you until you get there that you are actually an anpprentice but its all to do with them being able to claim grants back off the government,it doesnt mean anything less to be honest
Standard User gouledw
(regular) Fri 19-May-17 16:51:15
Print Post

Just a quick note, have you given any consideration for the BT employees name you have just posted on the forum? You might but I don't think you will have her consent and I'm sure she wouldn't want her name appearing on here.
Pages in this thread: << 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | [50] | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to