General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | [51] | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Fri 19-May-17 17:36:11
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: gouledw] [link to this post]

Unlikely he can edit it out now since the post has numerous replies after it perhaps a mod will can / fix it for him.
To be fair this is the 8th Apprentice thread now and not the first time names have been mentioned and it probably wont be the last.

Edited by ShavedApe (Fri 19-May-17 17:41:31)

Standard User Dippa
(learned) Fri 19-May-17 18:44:46
Print Post

[re: gouledw] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gouledw:
Just a quick note, have you given any consideration for the BT employees name you have just posted on the forum? You might but I don't think you will have her consent and I'm sure she wouldn't want her name appearing on here.

My apologies, I copied and pasted without looking if I'm honestI will remove the name now
Standard User Firsttwodie
(member) Sat 20-May-17 07:51:33
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

TMNE2
Is a Team Member Network Engineer level 2
This is the new 2020 contract Openreach Engineer level
For all your info it looks like those that are going are getting Ford Transits as Vauxhall couldn't fulfill the order for 1200 vans when they requested.
The vans are well kitted out and have Bluetooth & heated front seats no cruise control but have start stop technology and hill assist start. (if the van detects you are on a gradient it will hold the break for 2 seconds when you move your foot to the accelerator so you don't have to lean down to the floor for the handbrake!)
Although it is likely you will do your Assessment in a Vivaro as they have 3 seats in the front where as the Transits have 2. So as there is 3 on each assessment it makes sense!
Also a few lads are worried about the driving assessments think of it more as a driving lesson than test the instructor will let you drive and then give you feedback as to any faults.
It's is just to make sure you aren't going to drive it like you stole it. The theory in the morning just gets you more aware of your driving awareness and the reduction in your top speeds in a van which is now.
A and B roads 50
Dual carriageway 60
Motorways 70

The vans we went to collect Friday and left Yarnfield at about 8 and arrived at Magna Park at 9.30 we were on our way home by about 10.30.

Edited by Firsttwodie (Sat 20-May-17 07:54:49)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BboyDarren
(newbie) Sat 20-May-17 08:23:11
Print Post

[re: Bons] [link to this post]

That's great news Bons, what is your start date? Mine is 5 June so hoping I get a call soon.
Standard User Tacitus
(experienced) Sat 20-May-17 09:00:36
Print Post

[re: Firsttwodie] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Firsttwodie:
The vans we went to collect Friday and left Yarnfield at about 8 and arrived at Magna Park at 9.30 we were on our way home by about 10.30.
Was that the Friday of the first week you were at Yarnfield? Also is it the same procedure whether you're a TMNE2 or some other category?
Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Sat 20-May-17 12:18:29
Print Post

[re: Tacitus] [link to this post]

SD engineers pick up the vans Friday and drive home about 11-12, the guys fibre jointing on my intake had to wait until week 5 because they had bigger vans !

Edited by Swanseajack91 (Sat 20-May-17 12:19:00)

Standard User Bons
(newbie) Sat 20-May-17 14:00:26
Print Post

[re: BboyDarren] [link to this post]

You should do BboyDarren as I'm starting 5th also
Standard User MohammadAli
(newbie) Sat 20-May-17 14:15:24
Print Post

Anyone got a Number for New hire team at All Please.

Thanks
Ali
Standard User Ett18
(newbie) Sat 20-May-17 15:58:18
Print Post

Hi mate
I also start on 5th June, so have you had all your travel arrangements sorted?
Standard User Nrfk24
(newbie) Sat 20-May-17 16:06:05
Print Post

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

How quickly were you issued a role such as S/D etc, on the first day?
Pages in this thread: << 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | [51] | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to