General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | [52] | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Tacitus
(experienced) Sat 20-May-17 17:11:10
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Swanseajack91:
SD engineers pick up the vans Friday and drive home about 11-12, the guys fibre jointing on my intake had to wait until week 5 because they had bigger vans !
AFAIK it's a trainee field engineer, which I think is the generic term for all new entrants. Doubt he'll know more until nearer the start date.
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Sat 20-May-17 17:20:11
Print Post

[re: Ett18] [link to this post]

If your June 5th you'll likely get a call this coming week that seems to be how its gone for more of us. Travel call sometime in the 2 weeks before you start.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Sat 20-May-17 17:21:37
Print Post

[re: Tacitus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Tacitus:
In reply to a post by Firsttwodie:
The vans we went to collect Friday and left Yarnfield at about 8 and arrived at Magna Park at 9.30 we were on our way home by about 10.30.
Was that the Friday of the first week you were at Yarnfield? Also is it the same procedure whether you're a TMNE2 or some other category?

everybodys on TMNE2 its the new trainee engineer contract,you will get a van on 1st friday of yarnfield unless you are fibre jointer where u get van on 5th week as it has cherry picker on it,all the fibre jointers on my group where told before hand so if you if not heard anything you will be under the service delivery department which is CANELO which is up the poles and customers properties or FVR which is cabs and underground,you will get told on day 1 at yarnfield

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Sat 20-May-17 17:23:22
Print Post

[re: Nrfk24] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Nrfk24:
How quickly were you issued a role such as S/D etc, on the first day?

your told on day 1 CANELO or FVR if your fibre jointing you will have been allready told as thats a 17 week training plan
Standard User Bons
(newbie) Sat 20-May-17 18:28:43
Print Post

[re: Ett18] [link to this post]

Yep had train tickets arrive today also
Standard User Tacitus
(experienced) Sat 20-May-17 18:30:05
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:
In reply to a post by Tacitus:
In reply to a post by Firsttwodie:
The vans we went to collect Friday and left Yarnfield at about 8 and arrived at Magna Park at 9.30 we were on our way home by about 10.30.
Was that the Friday of the first week you were at Yarnfield? Also is it the same procedure whether you're a TMNE2 or some other category?

everybodys on TMNE2 its the new trainee engineer contract,you will get a van on 1st friday of yarnfield unless you are fibre jointer where u get van on 5th week as it has cherry picker on it,all the fibre jointers on my group where told before hand so if you if not heard anything you will be under the service delivery department which is CANELO which is up the poles and customers properties or FVR which is cabs and underground,you will get told on day 1 at yarnfield
Thanks LincsBoy. It's not me it's someone I know, but from the sound of it he'll be either CANELO or FVR. I think he starts at Yarnfield sometime in July so a while to go yet.

Edited by Tacitus (Sat 20-May-17 18:30:40)

Standard User tanalq
(newbie) Sat 20-May-17 18:31:49
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Yeah I'm starting on the 5th June too. Will have to wait for their call now.
Standard User tanalq
(newbie) Sat 20-May-17 18:33:56
Print Post

[re: Firsttwodie] [link to this post]

I got role code TMNEA. Anyone know what that means?
Standard User Firsttwodie
(member) Sat 20-May-17 19:06:36
Print Post

[re: Tacitus] [link to this post]

That actual title for Service Delivery is CAL/OMI.

Edited by Firsttwodie (Sat 20-May-17 19:10:48)

Standard User Firsttwodie
(member) Sat 20-May-17 19:12:29
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

How's the diet and exercise plan going?
Have they given you a restart date to aim for?
Pages in this thread: << 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | [52] | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to