General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | [55] | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Sun 21-May-17 22:14:12
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
I'm in conniston block bit dated but double bed, only have my fire stick and my phone. Phone shows page blocked when connected to WiFi get similar page on fire stick. It logs on to WiFi fine but says no internet frown

Ive not heard anyone else not being able to get on and thinking about it it wont be blocked as yarnfield is nothing to do with bt anymore they are only customers so wouldnt be able to block anything,may be something on your set up,Good luck for tomorrow,its a long old day with loads to take in
Standard User martthefart1111
(newbie) Sun 21-May-17 22:30:21
Print Post

[re: Robmitch123] [link to this post]

Any btw engineers about lol
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Sun 21-May-17 22:40:31
Print Post

[re: Robmitch123] [link to this post]

Ah that's good news freeview simply ain't gonna cut it for the next week smile

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gouledw
(regular) Mon 22-May-17 09:19:48
Print Post

[re: martthefart1111] [link to this post]

Do you mean BT Wholesale engineer? I'm thinking you're perhaps referring to power or data engineers? Some of us CSE's do full broadband but I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to get at.
Standard User benstoke89
(newbie) Mon 22-May-17 09:28:53
Print Post

[re: gouledw] [link to this post]

Got Assessment 31st May.
What exactly is the colour blind test, do they use the plug you have wired up to ask you the colours or are they the wires from a master socket etc? Are they all bunched up or separate?

Just worried as those disc tests show me as colour blind, but when wiring up plugs and phone sockets etc in the past I have never had a problem.
Standard User BothLegsDis
(regular) Mon 22-May-17 09:36:15
Print Post

[re: benstoke89] [link to this post]

They just ask you the colours of pairs from a cable. I only got asked 2.
Standard User CornwallB0Y
(newbie) Mon 22-May-17 10:47:11
Print Post

When I did this, I was asked to identify three pairs. Ie, Find me the Grey and red pair, or The White and green. This was after I had completed my Plug.
Standard User Tvwize86
(newbie) Mon 22-May-17 14:54:00
Print Post

The color test for me was a cable of about 50 pairs and you had to correctly identify 3 different pairs, the hardest one was a brown/red pair.

You where not allowed to get to close to it either!
Standard User martthefart1111
(newbie) Mon 22-May-17 17:37:04
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Hi any advice got my assessment tomorrow 12.30 in Cardiff do you know the failure rate or are some invited to make up the numbers? Bricking it how's the diet going good I hope
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Mon 22-May-17 18:36:07
Print Post

[re: martthefart1111] [link to this post]

Just be yourself mate and dont over think and stress out,maths and english test on laptop,cant really say more than that,its a level checker to see where you are,you cant pass/fail it,same as plug test really its just to see that you can follow instructions,remember to put safety glasses on as it doesnt tell you to.colour blind test is a bunch of cables joined together in pairs and he will ask you to picj out green/yellow,red/brown etc.and the 2 interviews,remember they are trying to see who you are as a person not trying to trip you up,they may ask you some information about openreach they may not,just try and relax and dont babble on or whisper and also they will only write down what you say so dont wait round for a prompt,thats about it,good luck mate.8 pound gone in 6 days so hoping to be back for 3rd july.
Pages in this thread: << 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | [55] | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to