General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | [59] | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Tvwize86
(newbie) Tue 23-May-17 17:36:39
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: LJT123] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by LJT123:
Hey mate I also start on the 19th June, guess I'll see you there smile

Brilliant mate, glad you got it! Will have to have a pint at the so called happy hour! haha.

What location have you got for your posting?
Standard User Themagicman
(newbie) Tue 23-May-17 19:38:08
Print Post

[re: LJT123] [link to this post]

Hey, I also attended the assessment in Leeds on the 16th May, got the call today just after 12 confirming I got the job and I start in yarn field on the 19th June.
Standard User martthefart1111
(learned) Tue 23-May-17 19:43:06
Print Post

[re: Baivox] [link to this post]

Did my assessment in Cardiff I think it went ok got the left ping on plug stuck tried to lift it up and it was stuck couldn't move it so think I failed

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Tue 23-May-17 20:14:24
Print Post

[re: martthefart1111] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by martthefart1111:
Did my assessment in Cardiff I think it went ok got the left ping on plug stuck tried to lift it up and it was stuck couldn't move it so think I failed

wouldnt worry mate its not to see if your an electrician and you will never get it like the photo,its to see if you can follow instructions.
(member) Tue 23-May-17 20:16:46
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

they give u play doh and in your group you have to describe how a phone line works from exchange to house,they basically tell you and then its a little excercise to get you to work as a team,apart from getting all the new gear,the highlight of a very long and boring 1st day smile
(member) Tue 23-May-17 20:20:47
Print Post

[re: welshlad] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by welshlad:
hi all i'm a bit early on in the application process but i have received an email to compete a situational strength test. I don't remember ever having to do one of these before i was wondering if you could shed some light on this and also any tips cheers.

HI mate can i ask how you came accross this forum,in the last month it seems to be psreading like wildfire and was just wondering how everyones finding out about it.Personally i think when you get the assesment interview they should out a link on,as theres been loads of useful info on here,but then maybe they dont wont you to know too much before you come:).anyways it will be took down soon as its supposed to be a forum for broadband talk and i think it may get hooked soon
Standard User martthefart1111
(learned) Tue 23-May-17 20:29:16
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Cheers I did ask the group if any one knows about this forum and they all said no lol on the english the scores flashed on screen when the lady clicked end 2 and 3 on the maths was all 1does it mean
Standard User LJT123
(newbie) Tue 23-May-17 20:31:55
Print Post

[re: Tvwize86] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Tvwize86:
In reply to a post by LJT123:
Hey mate I also start on the 19th June, guess I'll see you there smile

Brilliant mate, glad you got it! Will have to have a pint at the so called happy hour! haha.

What location have you got for your posting?

Huddersfield, yourself?
(member) Tue 23-May-17 20:45:21
Print Post

[re: martthefart1111] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by martthefart1111:
Cheers I did ask the group if any one knows about this forum and they all said no lol on the english the scores flashed on screen when the lady clicked end 2 and 3 on the maths was all 1does it mean

It was our understanding thats the nvq level you are at,and you need to be 2 to complete the apprenticeship,may mean you might have to do a bit more maths during your time but not at yarnfield,no one knows what they got but i saw as he got distracted and left them at bottom but the scoring isnt even mentioned,its just to see where ur at so if you got all ones you wouldnt fail,do you think everything went ok?what did you think of the interviews?
(member) Tue 23-May-17 20:49:13
Print Post

[re: Tvwize86] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Tvwize86:
In reply to a post by Northerner123:
I went to the assessment on the 16th in Leeds (am). Just had a phone call to let me know I got a job.

Don't start until September though and will be based in hetton le hole - not sure where the training will be yet

Got the job! Found out about 1ish! Absolutely buzzing. Been offered a start date of the 19th of June. She also said I will be based out of hetton le hole, but she had to double check for me as it's a good 40mins away.

some lads got up to an hour away from there houses,they expect you to travel up to that in your own time,but you dont have to go to exchange everyday so they work out your route from your house in a circle and back to your house again so if you have an exchange thats quite far away its because your immediate one has no room for apprentices,but one lad complained about it in my class and he was told ,well do you want a job with BT or not!They try get you as close but if you had to wait until your closest had a vacancy some people would be waiting for years as not many leave
Pages in this thread: << 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | [59] | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to