General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lincsboy1979
(newbie) Sun 30-Apr-17 09:38:13
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

allright mate,do you know how strict they are on the weight limit for the pole test,fluctuating ariund that weight and hopefully be under it ready for yarnfield but on the form i remeber circling thast staying under that limit wiyuldnt be a problem but wondered if they weigh everyone.Being a scaffolder i know the weight limits are guides on the harnesses so noit sure
(newbie) Sun 30-Apr-17 10:16:36
Print Post

[re: martthefart1111] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by martthefart1111:
Hi all got through to the video interview any tips please iam very nervous got to do it by the 4th may???????

All i can say is make sure you present yourself well as this is the first time somebody will actually see you in the flesh and this replaced the phone interview stage as of this year as apparantley they wanted to see how you reacted in the flesh to certain questions rather than being able to wing it on the end of a phone.Make sure you follow the instructions on how to set up your screen as the last thing you want to do is send off your interview with your head chopped off!!!It is strange as you can see yourself in the top of the screen and its hard not to look at yourself talking but if you do and dont look at the webcam when its played back your eyes will be looking at the top right of your screen rather than at the person that will be watching it.You can only do your best so go into it relaxed and not tired or if you know there will be interuptions,sure you will be fine
Standard User davek19
(newbie) Sun 30-Apr-17 10:27:59
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:
allright mate,do you know how strict they are on the weight limit for the pole test,fluctuating ariund that weight and hopefully be under it ready for yarnfield but on the form i remeber circling thast staying under that limit wiyuldnt be a problem but wondered if they weigh everyone.Being a scaffolder i know the weight limits are guides on the harnesses so noit sure

What is the weight limit? I seem to recall something saying 18st 11oz? Or somewhere around there

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mckeo5514
(member) Sun 30-Apr-17 10:43:11
Print Post

i did the phone interview with bt but i did a more recent video interview on hirevues. the advice is wear a suit top and look presentable. practice first. it says to slightly exaggerate your facial expressions as theyre not so noticable on a video.be/look friendly, focus on customer service/ safety with answers.
give detailed examples of things you did.
Standard User mckeo5514
(member) Sun 30-Apr-17 10:43:41
Print Post

[re: davek19] [link to this post]

117kg wasnt it?
(newbie) Sun 30-Apr-17 10:46:35
Print Post

[re: davek19] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by davek19:

What is the weight limit? I seem to recall something saying 18st 11oz? Or somewhere around there

yea im 6ft 4 so hover around that weight anyway but lost a bit for the assesment as wasnt sure it was a guide or a strict guideline.i wear a harness everyday and there are weight guidlines for different sizes but its just that a guidline not an actual rule,i would hate to have got this far and then being outed for being over that limit
(newbie) Sun 30-Apr-17 10:49:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by davek19:

yea im 6ft 4 so hover around that weight anyway but lost a bit for the assesment as wasnt sure it was a guide or a strict guideline.i wear a harness everyday and there are weight guidlines for different sizes but its just that a guidline not an actual rule,i would hate to have got this far and then being outed for being over that limit

yea its 117 kg or 18st 11 but just woindering if anyone has done the pole training yet and whether they checked anyones weight
Standard User davek19
(newbie) Sun 30-Apr-17 10:52:25
Print Post

[re: mckeo5514] [link to this post]

I can't remember the exact figure but I'm 17st 11 and remember seeing a figure during the application process that gave me around a stone of leeway.
Standard User Bons
(newbie) Sun 30-Apr-17 11:06:01
Print Post

That figure would be the SWL of the harness but they would be able to hold a lot more than that.
Standard User davek19
(learned) Sun 30-Apr-17 11:09:09
Print Post

[re: Bons] [link to this post]

I'm guessing the figure they show on the application form is our weight not the combined weight of the person and the safety gear?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to