General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | [62] | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Tvwize86
(newbie) Wed 24-May-17 20:00:27
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
Just done team building for an hour then had some tea. Team building was fun actually a great way to end an otherwise boring but essential day. I won't spoil it for people by telling you what I did but as I say good fun everyone smiles by the end of it.

Sounds fun! How every my idea of team building is hammering Jager bombs down me neck haha

Thanks for the update, i cant wait to get started on the 19th!
Standard User CornwallB0Y
(newbie) Wed 24-May-17 20:09:20
Print Post

Are the assessments exams? I have No certificates having left school many moons ago. May have to look at getting them eh ?

I know you didnít do them, But any Maths or English we should brush up on ? What are they for ?

I did a maths and English assessment at the assessment centre when we had our interviews
Cheers
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Wed 24-May-17 21:05:28
Print Post

[re: CornwallB0Y] [link to this post]

I did my maths and English at assessment day also thats why i didnt have to do them again and I also have no certificates. Don't worry if you can't supply it just means you may have a little more work to do during training.

The ICT assessment is much the same as the maths and English really.
Not perfect since some functionality of the programs it tests you on is missing but as with maths and English not a pass or fail and of course by this point you already have the job so really nothing to worry about. Again it just means potentially a little more work depending on your scores.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Edited by ShavedApe (Wed 24-May-17 21:06:48)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Wed 24-May-17 21:08:01
Print Post

[re: martthefart1111] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by martthefart1111:
just an update I did not get the job had a email today they said I did not pass the interviews good luck to all that apply

Gutted for you mate,what a [censored],fair play for you coming back on,theres been laods of newbies on here all listing loads of questions then never to be seen again so must not have got through,you are th efirst in a month to put an unsuccessfull,You can apply again but i believe not for 12 months.Sorry to hear it mate.Good luck in future.
Standard User martthefart1111
(learned) Thu 25-May-17 09:00:06
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

yes I thought it went well but I was the oldest there by far so best of luck to you guys I will keep looking to see how you getting on
Standard User Bons
(newbie) Thu 25-May-17 09:38:42
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

I thought you can reapply after 6 months I may be wrong though.
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Thu 25-May-17 11:47:25
Print Post

Driver theory done pretty light hearted stuff useful also even for an ex driving instructor like myself.
Next up driver practical.

Not everyone goes out at the same time some guys have done it yesterday some this morning definitely better to have the practical in the afternoon and the theory in the morning as it will refresh your memory as well as prepare you a little better.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
(newbie) Thu 25-May-17 12:26:37
Print Post

Great Stuff.

Cant tell you how much I and the other users appreciate your info Ape.

Id be interested to know what happens with Vans tomorrow. What you get and how your kitted out etc. Not sure if you get all your ladders etc.

I think you head on up to Leicester to pick up vans in the morning, and then you are fre to travel home for the weekend.

Are you back in yarnfeild for week2 ?
Standard User Tvwize86
(newbie) Thu 25-May-17 15:31:56
Print Post

Just after some advice guys,

I've been accepted for the job on the 23rd and confirmed on the phone that my start date will be with 19th of June, how ever I've not received any emails and my online application still just shows, assessment center booked.

I would have though they would be needing to get cracking with references etc with the start date looming so close!

Shall i wait another day, or give a polite chase up?

Edited by Tvwize86 (Thu 25-May-17 15:38:10)

(newbie) Thu 25-May-17 15:37:33
Print Post

[re: Tvwize86] [link to this post]

Hi Twiz

References will be asked for in the week or two prior.

If you have been successful you will have been asked to complete 7 tasks online and send back you Disclosure Scotland, when you have it back ( Scan copy )

These 7 tasks should all show as complete on the new hire portal. Once you have sent your DS off, it all goes quiet from there until a week or two before.

So dont worry. If you have any queries your Hire manager whom emailed ou the offer will be able to help.
Pages in this thread: << 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | [62] | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to