General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | [64] | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Thu 25-May-17 19:52:24
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Will do my best to let you know what I can. Well be leaving around 7:30 tomorrow to collect vans from magna park Leicester and yeah we are free to drive home from there probably by dinner time. We will collect a packed lunch from yarnfield before leaving.

All go to magna park,then furthest away to home get let off first and they do 2 groups.There is no cut off point but the lads on mine who had 2 hours to travel were in second group as there were a good 20/25 with 4/5 hours,theres some jocks on there with 8 hours!!!
Standard User CornwallB0Y
(newbie) Thu 25-May-17 19:54:14
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Do you meet your manager ? Or get details of who it is and your uin?
(member) Thu 25-May-17 19:54:32
Print Post

[re: CornwallB0Y] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by CornwallB0Y:
At least it's heading near the south on way home. Well kind of ?

You boys got your JDSU and laptop yet ?

I use a jdsu for work at moment. Be nice to see a new ish one smile

All the lads on my groiup had brand spankers out the box,i believe they are around £3000 to buy,i never had one as going on FVR so dont need it>Theres lots of stuff to be responsible for,i think he said the first week investment is around £25000 each!!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Thu 25-May-17 19:58:35
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

It's a fair amount of gear isn't it. But all needed. Hopefully looked after well.

How you getting on worn your weight Lincs? You got your date yet ?
(newbie) Thu 25-May-17 20:00:38
Print Post

Does everyone do week 2 back at yarnfeild ? Or are you told to go to your local training centre week 2 ?
(member) Thu 25-May-17 20:04:49
Print Post

Do you meet your manager ? Or get details of who it is and your uin?

Your UIN is on the email from yarnfield that you get the week before you go and it also tells you where you will be training after your first 2 weeks
(member) Thu 25-May-17 20:12:14
Print Post

Does everyone do week 2 back at yarnfeild ? Or are you told to go to your local training centre week 2 ?

Yes everyone does 2 weeks at yarnfield as of this year then there are roughly 8 differebt locations around the country where you will do your staggered training.your not allways put in the one closest to you either as their could be 10 people even closer,also its role specific,so for me being in FVR they only do that at yarnfield,i think if your on fibre splicing,its bolton only,if your based in cornwall there is one in southampton ,so you should get in that
(newbie) Thu 25-May-17 20:12:36
Print Post

Ahh so we are all two weeks in yarnfeild
(member) Thu 25-May-17 20:14:21
Print Post

Ahh so we are all two weeks in yarnfeild

Yep im 4 straight weeks where as CAN/OMI do 2 weeks then local
(member) Thu 25-May-17 20:19:44
Print Post

How you getting on worn your weight Lincs? You got your date yet ?

Im still on training schedule and on BT's books just on sort of sicksmile so can drop into anyones group on day 3 and pick it up.Its gone amazingly really as ive lost 15 pounds in 8 days so have near enough done it and i know it will slow down but dont want to rush it then go back to yarnfield where is 3 buffets a day and put it on so just gonna keep going,i reckon the july 3rd/10th,i prob could drop in on june 12th but got another job in meantime so no need to rush it,hes told me i have to have at least a month off anyway due to wellbeing policy.
Pages in this thread: << 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | [64] | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to