General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | [65] | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User CornwallB0Y
(newbie) Thu 25-May-17 20:22:50
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Great stuff. Well I hope to see you on July 10th.

You've been a great help to all of us smile
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Thu 25-May-17 20:40:36
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
Practical driving done I passed was a relatively long drive for both guys but only so she could correct problems for the first guy and with me because she got lost. As an ex instructor she was aware I wouldn't do much wrong and aside from missing the ˛dd sign that was obscured I didn't no surprise to me but I would of been annoyed with myself had it gone any other way.

Lots of speed limit changes around here so be aware of that but definitely nothing to worry about for anyone with a little experience at driving.

Young man here failed and will be getting a lift home and then back again Tuesday and then maybe assessed again next week but it could be longer due to scheduling. The point is though you don't lose your job so don't be like him and let nerves take hold.

He must av bin bad shaved,no reports of anyone failing,its not supposed to be a test.My advice for anyone reading what we was told is if u avnt drove a van much tell them upfront u will be better off and will go out in the transit on a one on one,because u go out with a fellow apprentice and an examiner it can be daunting if not used to a van,
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Thu 25-May-17 21:52:17
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

I believe 3 failed this week and I know it might come across as arrogant from an ex instructor but it's really difficult to fail. If you haven't driven a van before say so the instructors want to help and will definitely teach it's what they do for a living.

Don't drive like an idiot and likelihood is you'll be fine the other trainee I went out with hadn't driven a van before except once in his mates transit and he passed. A few bad habits but she pointed those out took him back out for ten mins and done he passed.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Tacitus
(experienced) Fri 26-May-17 09:11:53
Print Post

Thanks. Thought it might be that one - there's what was a Post Office Telephones radio station nearby. No idea if it's still there.
(newbie) Fri 26-May-17 09:27:56
Print Post

[re: Tacitus] [link to this post]

?
Standard User Tvwize86
(newbie) Fri 26-May-17 14:10:45
Print Post

[re: CornwallB0Y] [link to this post]

Well got my contract this morning and have completed my 7 tasks etc,

Roll on the 19th of June smile Can't wait!
Standard User Tacitus
(experienced) Fri 26-May-17 14:51:00
Print Post

[re: CornwallB0Y] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by CornwallB0Y:
?
Showing my age. smile

On the A5 near the Crick M1 junction which is more or less where Magna Park is, there used to be a series of radio aerials of the large pole with wires strung between them variety. A sign on the boundary had Post Office Telephones - the original incarnation of BT going back prior to the War. I've a vague memory there were others referring to it being covered by the Official Secrets Act. The site would have been vested in BT at the time of privatisation I imagine it was a short wave radio link for some purpose or other.

No idea if it's still there or whether the site has been developed for warehousing etc

FWIW and nothing to do with this thread, the first computer - Colossus - used at Bletchley was designed by Tommy Flowers at the Post Office Telephones research centre at Dollis Hill north London.

Edited by Tacitus (Fri 26-May-17 14:52:24)

Standard User Bons
(newbie) Fri 26-May-17 16:49:10
Print Post

Resthe of my kit arrived today and to be fair there is a lot if it. Any idea why there's 2 different safety boots.
(newbie) Fri 26-May-17 18:45:24
Print Post

[re: Bons] [link to this post]

What did they send you ?

When do you go to yarnfeild ?
(newbie) Fri 26-May-17 18:46:17
Print Post

How did you get on today ape ? Good to be home ?
Pages in this thread: << 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | [65] | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to