General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | [66] | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Bons
(learned) Fri 26-May-17 18:55:46
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: CornwallB0Y] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by CornwallB0Y:
What did they send you ?

When do you go to yarnfeild ?

At yarnfield 5th June, you get:

2 x boots
2 x combat trousers
1 x combat shorts
5 x polo shirts
1 x jumper
1 x jacket (quite a nice one)
1 x overalls
1 x hi vis/waterproof jacket
1 x hi vis/waterproof trousers
1 x beanie

Had email also telling me I don't need to take it all up with me unless it doesn't fit and they swap it for you and just take what you need ie boots trousers polo's as first 2 weeks are classroom based induction
Standard User JamesC1999
(newbie) Fri 26-May-17 19:24:42
Print Post

[re: Bons] [link to this post]

Hi all, Its been quite a while since I heard anything from BT.. I'm not sure.. I had an email from an employee of BT asking for my Driving license check number along with driving licence number itself.. photo for ID card and clothing sizes etc.. but that was the last thing I heard which was on the 16th May.. Is it normal for it to go really quiet? Also a few questions to the people at Yarnfield or to anyone who may know..
Exam Certificates... Im 17 and have recently left my high school but I did not get any proof of anything.. Also a quick note regarding my ICT exam.. I passed with a Merit overall but in the exam which was computer based there was no where which said keyboard shortcuts are not allowed and I went the whole exam using keyboard shortcuts which too my grade from a Distinction Star to a Merit.. So what do I tell BT.. On my CV I have put it down as a Distinction Star as that is what I believe myself I am cape-able of and I can explain if questioned.. And also one last question.. I've been driving since January as passed my test in December 2016.. Any tips on the van driving? is it just like driving a car? I mean like is there anything else I should bear in mind when doing the test.. Sorry for the huge paragraph lol, just lots of questions running around in my mind currently..
Standard User CornwallB0Y
(newbie) Fri 26-May-17 20:18:09
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

Hi James.

Well, yes that is a paragraph and a half. You are the first 17 year old to pass the assessment centre that I am aware of. So firstly well done you.

Be honest about your qualifications. Tell them exactly what the exam board gave you. As that's what you are certified as. Not what you believe.

As for going quiet. Yes things do quiet down. But you should have rankest done your DS and 7 Tasks. If yo have been asked for a driving license usual that means you have had a contact ?

If in any doubt ring your hire manager who asked you for the driving license details.

Best of luck

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JamesC1999
(newbie) Fri 26-May-17 20:30:37
Print Post

Thanks for your response, First 17 year old to pass an assessment centre, Ha! Thats a title. Yeah I will be honest with them but also explain that my teacher told me that if there was a you know, instruction saying no keyboard shortcuts then I would have flew the exam with a Distinction Star. Done my DS and 7 tasks weeks ago, and yes I had contact with an employee on the 16th May.

What about the proof of qualifications? I mean In previous responses to this thread people have just said that you do a basic Maths and English test.. and I'm pretty certain everyone did both at the assessment centres. Do BT not use those results or do they have to conduct other tests?

Cheers
Standard User Dslammer
(learned) Fri 26-May-17 21:04:20
Print Post

I remember what it was like to want info so here you go

Arrive Sunday Night get soup and a sandwich

Day 1 General Induction, issued uniform, change anything that does not fit, laptop and iphone

Day 2 Register as Apprentice with external body

Day 3 Safe lifting and health and well being

Team building exercise

Day 4 Driver theory and Driving Test

Day 5 Pick up van

The rooms are OK, the food is very very good

There is no technical training, it is all about being onboarded into Openreach.

You will all enjoy it
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Fri 26-May-17 21:09:36
Print Post

What about the proof of qualifications? I mean In previous responses to this thread people have just said that you do a basic Maths and English test.. and I'm pretty certain everyone did both at the assessment centres. Do BT not use those results or do they have to conduct other tests?

Nice one on getting through,you have a job it will just be finding you the correct placement now which is why they havent given you a start date,a few on my course passed there assesment,sent off the 7 tasks but then only got a start date 6 months later,thats why they tell you at the assesment not to hand in notice or anything until you get your contract emailed to you and sign and accept it,the wheels are in motion but its not even been 2 weeks so i would give it untill end of next week and if you havent heard anything,contact the bt contact on your emaI,there all different.There was a 17 year old on my one,theres been a few i think,doesnt matter regarding the driving but any under 21's have to do a whole days driving with a tutor for insurance purposes but its after you get your van and a bit further down the line,for when your ready to go out on your own.If you havent been in a van before,tell them dont shy away then when you have your assesment the day before you get your van you will have a 1 to 1 instead of being with another apprentice and a tutor,i would recommend this,it doesnt make any difference and will give you a bit more confidence.Also dont worry about your results,they only want to make sure you are at nvq level 2 to see if you need a bit of help in your maths,english and it,you have not long been left school so doubt you will need any extra.If you dont have gcse certificates you can order them from exam board for around £30 but waste of time really you might aswell just do the laptop tests later in your training whilst your getting paid for it:)smile
(member) Fri 26-May-17 21:15:03
Print Post

there wasnt a minimum level of education for the roles so bt wont be that bothered what you got at school,theres 40/50/60 year old blokes there that dont even remember school,all they need you to be is at a standard capable enough of passing the nvq apprenticeship which is minimum of level 2.Theres people on here thinking they are sitting a-levels,they are not exams they are there to help you,you cant fail them,its just if you are a bit under in any of the subjects they will make sure you have the right help to get you brushed up on it so when it comes to your final exam in week 12 your confident enough to complete
(member) Fri 26-May-17 21:19:33
Print Post

[re: Bons] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bons:
Resthe of my kit arrived today and to be fair there is a lot if it. Any idea why there's 2 different safety boots.

I got 3 different types for some reason.they are for different tasks,so you will notice theres a more industrial one with the rubber toe capping thats for more harder work for example up the poles or more arduos surfaces,then you have the lighter pair for if your in and out of houses and that,also he told us they trialed them and those were the most 2 popular styles so they jsut give you both,for no reason whatsover i also got a pair of smart brogue,office type shoes with steel toe caps aswell:):):):):):
Standard User CornwallB0Y
(learned) Fri 26-May-17 22:30:08
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

What's this week 12 exam all about Lincs ? I've never done so many exams and assessments for a job in my life
(member) Fri 26-May-17 22:49:11
Print Post

i dont know exactly what it entails but its the last exam of your training,it must b important as one of the lads were due to go on holiday on that day and was told change ur holiday as u cant av that last day off no matter what as very important final exam??
Pages in this thread: << 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | [66] | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to