General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | [67] | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User CornwallB0Y
(learned) Fri 26-May-17 22:52:18
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Where do you do them ? Wk 12 ? Local training I guess?
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Fri 26-May-17 22:55:43
Print Post

[re: CornwallB0Y] [link to this post]

yea week 12 2 days before u go live so will b at local centre
Standard User JamesC1999
(newbie) Sat 27-May-17 07:03:38
Print Post

No I have been givien a start date.. 3rd July.. Just hoping that I hear something soon giving me confirmation of that date..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Sat 27-May-17 09:54:40
Print Post

Coming up to week 6 now! Week 5 has been very intense starting at 8 getting back to the hotel at 6:30-7, the street works course is a lot to take in and if you fail 2 times your out! Luckily I passed.. on a side note was told we wouldn't be getting to bonus, didn't get it in my first small pay but this months full one has a bonus so looks like all new starters DO still get the bonus which is a nice extra £200 a month!
Standard User David_W
(knowledge is power) Sat 27-May-17 11:10:20
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JamesC1999:
Exam Certificates... Im 17 and have recently left my high school but I did not get any proof of anything..
Schools get certificates from the exam boards some time after results day. If you never got your certificates, get back in touch with your school. You worked hard for those grades and it is worth having proof of them as it can save you problems further down the line.

It is becoming more common to have to produce certificates, as people sometimes lie about their qualifications. Some employers, colleges and universities require you to produce original certificates and will often check the authenticity of any certificates with the issuing organisation.

In reply to a post by JamesC1999:
Also a quick note regarding my ICT exam.. I passed with a Merit overall but in the exam which was computer based there was no where which said keyboard shortcuts are not allowed and I went the whole exam using keyboard shortcuts which too my grade from a Distinction Star to a Merit.. So what do I tell BT.. On my CV I have put it down as a Distinction Star as that is what I believe myself I am cape-able of and I can explain if questioned..
You should declare the Merit result you got; claiming you have a higher grade is incorrect and potentially fraud. If you're not happy with the grade and feel you deserved better, the only way to get that grade is to retake the exam - though it may well not be worth doing so, as I doubt many jobs or future employment opportunities will depend on having a higher grade than Merit. However, lying about your qualifications can be gross misconduct leading to dismissal.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2 with native IPv6
thinkbroadband speed test : speedtest.net : thinkbroadband quality monitor IPv4 IPv6
Standard User tanalq
(newbie) Sat 27-May-17 12:08:22
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Thanks Ape for sharing valuable info.

I got an email from BT. I will be working as Fibre Jointer, in Business and Corporate Delivery.

The letter I received says I need to bring my own clothes and PPE. Whats confusing is, dont they give PPE and uniforms at the training?

I will call them any way to clarify.
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sat 27-May-17 12:37:17
Print Post

[re: tanalq] [link to this post]

I believe they are now sending your kit to you well some it anyway. Fibre jointer/BCD is the job to be on apparently. Bigger van so it will take 4 or 5 weeks to get it but anyone that's done it says it's the best job so congrats.

Van pick up was at magna park around one and a half hours on a coach. Then into the building for talks about the vans key and fuel card collection. Then it's outside to get your van another quick talk about what kit to take into the house once at home and then your given your van.

All vans where brand new 17 plate transits no air con but you do get heated seats Bluetooth and stop start tech. Loads of kit in there way too much to list, 2 drills mine are Makita's but some got a US type one cordless one corded. There is a good sized tool box some testers and some other stuff. In the back doors plastic barriers and cones.

All vans had a quarter of a tank but we were asked to fuel up on way home rather than at the nearest esso in lutterworth.
51 vans 1 petrol station what could go wrong wink

Terrible traffic on the way home bank holiday definitely didn't help a two hour drive turned into a 5 hour had to use the m1 because I was told there was an esso 60 miles away and the van only had 80 miles worth. Never saw the esso on the m1 had to come off and look for one in nearby town. There is an app to find esso fuel stations but the postcode it gave took me to wrong road. Thankfully I found a driving instructor and he pointed me in right direction.

Any questions feel free to ask but may be Monday night before I get time to answer.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Edited by ShavedApe (Sat 27-May-17 12:40:52)

(learned) Sat 27-May-17 13:22:24
Print Post

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

Is it a test on paper, multi choice or is it practical? 2 x fail and your sacked ? Wow !!
(learned) Sat 27-May-17 13:25:41
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Thanks ape . Did you get your ladders ? smile do you have to use esso? Hardly any near me.
Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Sat 27-May-17 13:37:04
Print Post

[re: CornwallB0Y] [link to this post]

It's a test paper and practical mate the practical is hard, others said they had done it before and it hadn't been as hard as Openreach's one.
I know presure is on when they tell you 2 times and your out!
Pages in this thread: << 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | [67] | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to