General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | [69] | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User CornwallB0Y
(learned) Sat 27-May-17 17:54:32
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Northerner123] [link to this post]

Me too. I think that is calomi ?
Standard User MC31
(member) Sat 27-May-17 18:09:05
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Ref esso fuel stations you are better off just asking google maps , its not on the phone out of the box but its one of the apps you can download.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User Dslammer
(learned) Sat 27-May-17 19:35:16
Print Post

[re: CornwallB0Y] [link to this post]

You could read up on the highway code if you wanted to. It is all covered off on the course anyway.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sat 27-May-17 19:56:17
Print Post

Yep service delivery is calomi which is what most new recruits will be. Out of 61 on my intake 50 where calomi 6 BCD or fibre jointing and 4 FVR fault volume recovery

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
(learned) Sat 27-May-17 20:03:31
Print Post

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

I see, so it is mostly Highway Code etc ?. Seems like there a lot of exams and assessments the don't tell you about. To me it reads that you either pass them or your out eh ? Which I guess is fair enough as hey invest a lot in you
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Sat 27-May-17 20:23:07
Print Post

Starting my 4th week next week and really enjoying it,a lot to learn.I was told nothing is a pass or fail they will help you through it
Standard User Dslammer
(learned) Sat 27-May-17 20:23:35
Print Post

I have absolutely no complaints or issues with my first week.

It is a 1 year program, that has an NVQ running alongside it, that you are expected to complete.

The assessment centre and testing appears to be highly successful at identifying people for the course.

If you have got on the course, you will be fine and enjoy it, provided you approach it with a positive open mind.

It really is a great opportunity.

The first 2 weeks is just standard onboarding, when you join a very large company
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sat 27-May-17 20:44:22
Print Post

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

I agree I enjoyed my first week, a little boring at times but its to be expected when there is so much admin to get through and really not surprising considering this is a bluechip company so they have a lot to cover.
Very well presented and thought out though and you are more than well looked after while you are there.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
(learned) Sat 27-May-17 21:01:41
Print Post

Thanks. guess I am just a wee but nervous eh smile
Standard User GDLuke
(newbie) Sun 28-May-17 02:17:22
Print Post

I'm looking forward to eventually starting. What's the social aspect like? I gather there is a bar but not a lot to do otherwise. Do you get to know eveyone easily or do people tend to keep to themselves?
Pages in this thread: << 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | [69] | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to